PDA

View Full Version : could it be true

unaslob
11-16-2003, 02:22 AM
I am not one for looking at my ave MPG, but one thing that i did know was that I always got around 10.3, that is with mostly highway and some city. I reset it about a week after I had a cosra sprt exhaust installed. for the first week or two I was pretty hard on the car just to hear it. well it has been at least 2 months since I had the exhaust. and it has been three months since I moved into the town where I work. so it is all city driving now. well here it is... I checked out my ave MPG and bam.. I am getting 11.1 is this possible???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

unaslob
11-16-2003, 02:22 AM
I am not one for looking at my ave MPG, but one thing that i did know was that I always got around 10.3, that is with mostly highway and some city. I reset it about a week after I had a cosra sprt exhaust installed. for the first week or two I was pretty hard on the car just to hear it. well it has been at least 2 months since I had the exhaust. and it has been three months since I moved into the town where I work. so it is all city driving now. well here it is... I checked out my ave MPG and bam.. I am getting 11.1 is this possible???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

Hummer Man
11-16-2003, 03:18 AM
If the motivation of getting the exaust was to increase gas milelage. Based on some rough calculations it would take 722,000 miles before you break even - Get driven buddy!

unaslob
11-16-2003, 05:51 PM
the motivation was obviously the sound... love it. I passed a friend yesterday and didnt know it, they called me on the cell to tell me how sweet it sounded, and I wasnt even trying to me loud. the milage while not huge... was just a bonus that I didnt expect.. I actually expected it to get worse.

unaslob

Centerfire
11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
How is the cruising sound.. Are you getting any rumble or vibration in the cab.. or just sweet noise out the back. Still back and forth between Corsi and Borla.. If I might ask.. where did you purchase and even more nosey How much.

Mike

TBarrow
11-17-2003, 01:06 AM
I had the B&B Headers and Dual Exhaust installed last weekend. It is all stainless and is no louder inside at cruising speed just when you are on it. My mileage went up 1.4 MPG but that was a by product of the sound I wanted.. And yes I do drive alot just not 700,xxx+ miles yet only 42,XXX.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

KenP
11-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Ilove the sound of my exhaust. I have been told it has a "sophisticated" (?) rumble that can be heard from quite a distance. Not a red neck sound, if you will. I will never recoup cost in dollars, but... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Black Lingenfelter Lux

Navigator
11-17-2003, 03:04 AM
I had mine on since i got it (1200 miles ago) and am averaging 11.7. Still giving it a little extra cuz i like the way it sounds http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa cat back.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

unaslob
11-18-2003, 12:39 AM
that is the best part about cruising, is you dont hear it at all.. it is like stock...my dealer didnt sell the exhaust, so i contacted corsa to contact my dealer and bought it through my dealer.. it cost me about 700 bucks install was less then 100 bucks..

it is probably one of the more expensive systems out there, but the cheaper options are noisy ALL THE TIME!!! the flowmaster is cheap, but loud, in an annoying sort of way as a driver.

unaslob