PDA

View Full Version : GPS Nav for 2004?

1stHummer
02-02-2003, 01:40 PM
I have been wondering if this option will ever pan out for the 2004 model. Hummer H2 Vision trucks had this to the n-th degree but then the H2 was introduced without it. It's very annoying that for the money we paid for the H2, we're stuck without it (even Honda Accords have this option).

Any thoughts?

Roy.

1stHummer
02-02-2003, 01:40 PM
I have been wondering if this option will ever pan out for the 2004 model. Hummer H2 Vision trucks had this to the n-th degree but then the H2 was introduced without it. It's very annoying that for the money we paid for the H2, we're stuck without it (even Honda Accords have this option).

Any thoughts?

Roy.

Mango
02-02-2003, 07:04 PM
I agree completely. If Hummer wants to engender some goodwill, they will make the Nav system available to current 2003 H2 owners and at a reasonable price. Most of the time a new option is made available like this the unit cannot be placed in the previous year model as an upgrade. I think they should make a special effort to design the Nav system so that it can be placed in the 2003 dash with compatible connections. That would help make up for this glaring deficiency in the current model.

Are you listening Hummer????

Mango -- Saltwater Flyfisherman, Photographer, Varmint Hunter -- Fort Worth, Tx

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

JJ
02-03-2003, 01:08 AM
At the slight possibility that Hummer is reviewing this thread, I'll put in my two cents worth as well...DITTO!

I used that audivox nav system in a rental car from AVIS this past week in San Jose - it was awesome.

JJ

1stHummer
02-03-2003, 12:37 PM
There was a thread on here a little while ago supposedly showing photos of the GPS/NAV set-up scheduled for 2004, however, the links to the pictures were all dead and the author could not (for some reason) post the pictures here.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Roy.

Afreet
02-09-2003, 02:36 PM
I also am very anxious to get the nav system. I was very dissapointed to see that none of the truely elite features seen in the demo model were incorporated in the production version. Things like GPS with voice and points of interest, interface for your cell phone instead of using the built in one or needing a cradle install, and maybe even the nightsight that the Cady has.