PDA

View Full Version : rust?

sand-hog
11-09-2003, 04:08 AM
This probably has been brought up before...what is up with all the rusting.??....any body else having same problems?....under neath all the places where its not coated black its rusting...any tips on how to get rid of it or control it??

'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd. Wood interior trim, chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, molded frnt/rear mud flaps.and paid for.

sand-hog
11-09-2003, 04:08 AM
This probably has been brought up before...what is up with all the rusting.??....any body else having same problems?....under neath all the places where its not coated black its rusting...any tips on how to get rid of it or control it??

'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd. Wood interior trim, chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, molded frnt/rear mud flaps.and paid for.

TJ
11-10-2003, 01:03 PM
Open up your glove compartment and take a look at the frame in the back. I've got so much rust back there that I had to take everything out of the glove compartment. But I haven't asked my dealer about it yet...it's on my list of things for the next time my H2 goes back into the shop.

TJ
11-11-2003, 04:40 PM
(sigh)...yes, I've got rust all over mine too. From the way mine looks, instead of a brand new vehicle, you'd think it was a 20 year old rust bucket that's been sitting out on a pier at the ocean every day. Even the metal fasteners for the third row seat on the floor inside the cargo area are rusting on mine http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif The reason why I had to clear out my glove compartment is that there's so much rust it's actually starting to flake off and transfer some of that nice bright burnt orange color to everything else in there. I suppose I could Ziebart underneath, but what to do about all of the other places?

From what I understand none of this rust is covered by that 6 year/100,000 mile warranty against rust from GM...that warranty is only for "rust through" on the sheet metal itself? Anybody know for sure?

HUMMERDOGG
11-11-2003, 05:08 PM
SmartBuy, SmartBuy, SmartBuy... Hopefully in four years they'll have this issue as well as all my other issues resolved and I can get a new one with the black interior...