PDA

View Full Version : Off-Roads

MAC
11-04-2002, 11:41 PM
I took my Hummer off-road last week, first time ever, took Thursday off went playing with my new toy. First thing I noticed was all the dust behind me, this doesn’t look good, the moment I stopped the dust was all over my shiny black Hummer, now there is no turning back, its dirty already. Then I went down some very steep dirt road, over some stream running over the road at several places, that got me worried about the mud, how am I gonna wash that off? I kept on going until one section of the road was simply too steep for my nerve and I had no idea how does one measure the grade. I tried it without H2 and could almost climb it on all four. I backed up and found a place to turn around. All these low branches brushing the top and sides of my Hummer, now I really worried. I even forgot to take pictures, the whole thing started because I wanted to take some tough pictures to settle this off-road thing once and for all. It was sort of fun, the Hummer was quite capable and easy, still cannot figure out what is the attraction. Now I can honestly talk about my off-road life like a men’s man in clubs and parties for many years to come (without the details), and definitely laugh at those people who never go off-roads with their SUVs. I was going to keep the dust and mud for a few days, but that was simply too much for me to bear, got home and cleaned the Hummer with a fine tooth brush. I just have to do it one more time for the pictures.

DRTYFN
11-05-2002, 08:22 PM
You're funny.

DRTYFN
06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Memories....:rolleyes:

KenP
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I took my Hummer off-road last week, first time ever, took Thursday off went playing with my new toy. First thing I noticed was all the dust behind me, this doesn’t look good, the moment I stopped the dust was all over my shiny black Hummer, now there is no turning back, its dirty already. Then I went down some very steep dirt road, over some stream running over the road at several places, that got me worried about the mud, how am I gonna wash that off? I kept on going until one section of the road was simply too steep for my nerve and I had no idea how does one measure the grade. I tried it without H2 and could almost climb it on all four. I backed up and found a place to turn around. All these low branches brushing the top and sides of my Hummer, now I really worried. I even forgot to take pictures, the whole thing started because I wanted to take some tough pictures to settle this off-road thing once and for all. It was sort of fun, the Hummer was quite capable and easy, still cannot figure out what is the attraction. Now I can honestly talk about my off-road life like a men’s man in clubs and parties for many years to come (without the details), and definitely laugh at those people who never go off-roads with their SUVs. I was going to keep the dust and mud for a few days, but that was simply too much for me to bear, got home and cleaned the Hummer with a fine tooth brush. I just have to do it one more time for the pictures.LIAR!:D :D

timgco
06-06-2006, 02:03 AM
nice post!:D good times good times.

Albie
06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
what ever happen to MAC and cheese.