PDA

View Full Version : TSB #'s for 2005 H2s needed

vip808
08-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm taking my truck to the dealership tomorrow to have the recall on the rear seats taken care of. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could check for any possible TSBs for my truck. I'm also having them look at why I keep getting a "Service 4wd" alert.
any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

vip808
08-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm taking my truck to the dealership tomorrow to have the recall on the rear seats taken care of. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could check for any possible TSBs for my truck. I'm also having them look at why I keep getting a "Service 4wd" alert.
any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

dochummer
08-19-2005, 02:32 AM
http://www.nhtsa.gov/

Just look for the service bulletins on this site...

vip808
08-20-2005, 06:32 AM
thanks dochummer,
I was told there were no TSBs for my truck.. but they could just be lying.

dochummer
08-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Did you find anything at that link? I'm guessing all the tsb's for the 03's and 04's would have been taken care of in 05...possible they just haven't had any problems yet....

ROX
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Did you find anything at that link? I'm guessing all the tsb's for the 03's and 04's would have been taken care of in 05...possible they just haven't had any problems yet.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you talking about a Hummer? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
So far I haven't heard of any recalls. What's up with the backseat? My kids sit back there, I wouldn't want it to auto-fold them in it or anything. Well, maybe just once, after fighting over the movie. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

vip808
08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
i didn't find anything at the link but it's good to know, thanks...
the recall is for 2005 H2.. they need to remove the middle seat belt from the strap that keeps it in place (it is a choking issue for kids that are put in the middle) they will remove it and sew the loop back in place.. no charge

ROX
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vip808:
i didn't find anything at the link but it's good to know, thanks...
the recall is for 2005 H2.. they need to remove the middle seat belt from the strap that keeps it in place (it is a choking issue for kids that are put in the middle) they will remove it and sew the loop back in place.. no charge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What!!!!????!! I haven't seen this information until now.
Man! I'll call and ask tomorrow. Now I'm officially freaked out. Thanks for the info.

I wish I could help you with more TSB's, but I haven't recieved anything in the mail at all. I've had mine for almost 2 months.

vip808
08-23-2005, 01:15 AM
recall #5H107545 or recall 05037
This is what they called it on my invoice.
Have you registered your Hummer on MYGMLINK.com? I received a notice there before I got anything in the mail..but I heard of it from this site first.God bless Elcova http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dochummer
08-23-2005, 05:23 AM
Are you talking about the little loop that keeps the seatbelt from falling all the way between the seats? My understanding was that they wanted to get rid of it because it caused the belt to sit too high on the child's hips, thereby causing problems. I just don't put a child in the middle unless they're in a booster or kid seat...

vip808
08-24-2005, 12:06 AM
(here's a copy of the letter)
July 2005
Dear Hummer Customer: This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Reason For This Recall: General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2004-2005 model year Hummer H2 vehicles. On these vehicles, the seat loop in the second row center seating position may make it difficult to position the lap portion of the safety belt low around the hips of the occupant. In the event of a vehicle accident, if the lap portion of the safety belt routing is not low and snug on the hips, it may not properly restrain the occupant and could increase the risk of abdominal injury.
What Will Be Done: Your Hummer dealer will eliminate the guide loop by removing the safety belt from the loop and stitching the loop closed. This service will be performed for you at no charge.
How Long Will The Repair Take? This service will take approximately 15 minutes. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.
Contacting Your Dealer: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact your Hummer dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair. Should your Hummer dealer be unable to schedule a service date within a reasonable time, you should contact the Hummer Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday. They can be reached at 1-866-486-6376. The deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired should call 1-800-833-6537 (Utilizes Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf/Text Telephones, TDD/TTY).
If, after contacting the Hummer Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied that we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400 Seventh Street, SW, Washington, DC 20590 or call 1.888.327.4236.
Customer Reply Form: The enclosed customer reply form identifies your vehicle. Presentation of this form to your dealer will assist in making the necessary correction in the shortest possible time. If you no longer own this vehicle, please let us know by completing the form and mailing it back to us.
Courtesy Transportation: If your vehicle is within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty your dealer may provide you with shuttle service or some other form of courtesy transportation while your vehicle is at the dealership for this repair. Please refer to your Owner’s Manual and your dealer for details on courtesy transportation.
My GMLink Online: This free online service offers vehicle and ownership related information and tools tailored to your specific vehicle. To join, visit http://www.mygmlink.com, and enter your vehicle's 17-character vehicle identification number (VIN) shown on the enclosed customer reply form to get the most personalized information for your vehicle.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
We are sorry to cause you this inconvenience; however, we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.

Hummer Motor Division
General Motors Corporation
Enclosure 05037