PDA

View Full Version : Front Differential Leak

HeartSurg
10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Found a leak on my garage floor this past weekend. Dopped it off at the Dealer Sunday night. They replaced the entire front differential as it was defective. It was not damaged from off-roading according to the mechanic. This was the first one they had seen so I thought I would pass it along. By the way, service at Al Serra in Grand Blanc, Mich. was great. It was done in 24 hours, no appointmnet, and they did a LOF and resealed the tailgate trim that used to rattle. They are a wonderful Dealership to work with.

2003 Black H2, Lux, brush guard lights

HeartSurg
10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Found a leak on my garage floor this past weekend. Dopped it off at the Dealer Sunday night. They replaced the entire front differential as it was defective. It was not damaged from off-roading according to the mechanic. This was the first one they had seen so I thought I would pass it along. By the way, service at Al Serra in Grand Blanc, Mich. was great. It was done in 24 hours, no appointmnet, and they did a LOF and resealed the tailgate trim that used to rattle. They are a wonderful Dealership to work with.

Centerfire
10-29-2003, 11:02 PM
The dealer just replaced the oil pan on my 6month old H2, it never has been seriously off road.. The service writer at the dealership said that never seen before.. However the tech said that this is a problem with the H2.

Mike

HeartSurg
10-30-2003, 12:20 AM
I haven't had any oil pan problems so far. I only had a tiny spot on the floor but when I looked underneath the skid plate was full and the differential was empty. Amazing, the way the skid plates are shaped, they can hold a lot of fluid before you would notice a leak on the ground.

unaslob
10-30-2003, 01:27 AM
I had a rear differential leak that i initially thought was a h2 problem... but turned out that guy who changed my oil first time tried to use a different diff plug.... a set screw instead of the factory one... what an *******.. this is why I goto the dealer now for oil changes... what was nice was the dealer was willing to charge it as warranty.... but I made the jiffy lube pay for the repairs and the tow... why should GM have paid for it.. I own that stock
!!! una

Centerfire
10-30-2003, 12:06 PM
I imagine most JIffy lubes are fine, However my store is next door to an automotive repair center. I know of 5 engines that they have installed for Jiffy lube due to their failure to due correct oil changes. Yep sometimes a little extra to the dealer is better.

Mike
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unaslob:
I had a rear differential leak that i initially thought was a h2 problem... but turned out that guy who changed my oil first time tried to use a different diff plug.... a set screw instead of the factory one... what an *******.. this is why I goto the dealer now for oil changes... what was nice was the dealer was willing to charge it as warranty.... but I made the jiffy lube pay for the repairs and the tow... why should GM have paid for it.. I own that stock
!!! una<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>