PDA

View Full Version : Airaid Filter with MIT & Granatelli MAF Sensor

CBR_Raven
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
well, i finally decided to install the Granatelli MAF Sensor and i must say that it really does seem to make a difference. i've had the Airaid Filter and MIT on for some time now but i didn't notice a difference after installing it. i think that i remember reading a post back a while ago where someone said that the Airaid and MIT was no good without the Granatelli MAF Sensor. well, i guess they were right. i'm happy now. i will update you guys if the gas mileage changes. before the Granatelli MAF Sensor, my average was at 11.2 MPG.

tomp
03-23-2006, 02:54 AM
I tried to mention that it worked well for me, but things got blown out of proportion and thread went to hell. When I add the MAF, it really helped low end and throttle response.

Worst part about it though, is that I could have purchsed the entire Volant kit for what I paid Airaid and Granatelli.

I just don't like the fact that engine compartment air can get into the Airaid cold air box, but it runs so darn good now that I am afraid of swapping it out for the Volant.

finally decided to install the Granatelli MAF Sensor and i must say that it really does seem to make a difference

CBR_Raven
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
tomp,
you must have the open filter Airiad kit? i just used the Airaid replacement filter and MIT...that way you keep the stock airbox but just change out the intake tube.

tomp
03-23-2006, 04:04 AM
The thing that confuses me is that Granatelli offers two MAFs. The one for stock air box is not considered "cold air", while the one for Airaid type cold air intakes is marked "cold air" - yet the airaid allows more engine compartment air in than the stock box? The stock box is more of a "cold air" type box than the airaid is. Go figure...I would love to hear an explanation for this!

BTW, which granatelli did you install? Cold air MAF or no?

Actually, your setup is probably better than mine, even though I opted for the entire Airaid kit.

TXSUT
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
The increased performance that you guys are perceiving is due to the weight savings caused by having less cash your wallets. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif J/K

PARAGON
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Give me a break. There is no increase that you can notice.

Since you like spending your money on little crap like that (I did and tried to report here that it doesn't work, along with many other members but some people just don't listen), go buy the little performance analyzer and go from the stock to the granatelli and see the huge difference for yourself.

Until then, telling someone to go spend a couple of hundred bucks because it feels like it does something is pretty ridiculous this late in the game.

CBR_Raven
03-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by PARAGON:

Since you like spending your money on little crap like that (I did and tried to report here that it doesn't work, along with many other members but some people just don't listen), go buy the little performance analyzer and go from the stock to the granatelli and see the huge difference for yourself.

Until then, telling someone to go spend a couple of hundred bucks because it feels like it does something is pretty ridiculous this late in the game. first of all, i'm not trying to sell anything here and i didn't tell anyone to go spend a couple hundred bucks on anything. i was just sharing my experience with the Airaid and Granatelli MAF. no, it doesn't make a huge difference but i can tell that my rig does accellerate better. i can understand why someone would not normally notice any difference becausee it's not anything major. i would honestly say that i don't think the gain you get from it is worth $300.00 at all...maybe $150.00 but the gain is not noticeable enuff to justify the $300.00. i feel that the MAF should come with the Airaid for the price of $300.00 and the hypertech programmer should be only $200.00.

CBR_Raven
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by tomp:
The thing that confuses me is that Granatelli offers two MAFs. The one for stock air box is not considered "cold air", while the one for Airaid type cold air intakes is marked "cold air" - yet the airaid allows more engine compartment air in than the stock box? The stock box is more of a "cold air" type box than the airaid is. Go figure...I would love to hear an explanation for this!

BTW, which granatelli did you install? Cold air MAF or no?

Actually, your setup is probably better than mine, even though I opted for the entire Airaid kit. tomp,
i got the one for the cold air intake...#350120-C...i'm using the stock airbox with the Airaid Replacement Filter and Airaid MIT.

CBR_Raven
03-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by TXSUT:
The increased performance that you guys are perceiving is due to the weight savings caused by having less cash your wallets. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif J/K ha ha ha...good one

no, seriusly though, my rig is a daily driver and i notice any little change with it as days go by. i had actually taken the Airaid off and gone back to stock with just the programmer because the Airaid didn't seem to do anything impressive. then i decided to try the Airaid with the MAF and now i do notice better accelleration but nothing to get excited about. overall, i'm happy because i think the upgrades help the engine not strain as much as if it was stock...especailly going uphill and towing things.

PARAGON
03-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CBR_Raven:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Until then, telling someone to go spend a couple of hundred bucks because it feels like it does something is pretty ridiculous this late in the game. first of all, i'm not trying to sell anything here and i didn't tell anyone to go spend a couple hundred bucks on anything. i was just sharing my experience with the Airaid and Granatelli MAF. no, it doesn't make a huge difference but i can tell that my rig does accellerate better. i can understand why someone would not normally notice any difference becausee it's not anything major. i would honestly say that i don't think the gain you get from it is worth $300.00 at all...maybe $150.00 but the gain is not noticeable enuff to justify the $300.00. i feel that the MAF should come with the Airaid for the price of $300.00 and the hypertech programmer should be only $200.00. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FWIW, I was referring to tommy http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And anyway, back when I bought mine there weren't 2 options. There was only 1 MAF version.

I have the AirAid Filter in the Stock Box and the MIT tube as well. But I have the tuner from Predator as it was the only thing available at the time.

tomp
03-23-2006, 06:29 PM
It's okay Paragon. I realize you are just upset because someone confirmed what I was trying to tell you months ago. Don't worry, you are still my favorite member here http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif