PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Predator Programmer

Kevin W
10-01-2003, 11:19 PM
Hey there,

I just used the performance programming option on the Diablo Predator Programmer this evening and everything went very well on the install.
I took it out for a test drive and felt a pretty significant difference in 2nd and 3rd gears, but a decrease in fuel economy. Granted I was just out for about a 10 mile drive but I saw fuel economy go from 10.8 mpg to 10.3. I will update this over the next couple days, but does anyone have any programming tips for better economy and maybe even better performance???

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

Kevin W
10-01-2003, 11:19 PM
Hey there,

I just used the performance programming option on the Diablo Predator Programmer this evening and everything went very well on the install.
I took it out for a test drive and felt a pretty significant difference in 2nd and 3rd gears, but a decrease in fuel economy. Granted I was just out for about a 10 mile drive but I saw fuel economy go from 10.8 mpg to 10.3. I will update this over the next couple days, but does anyone have any programming tips for better economy and maybe even better performance???

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

Joe
10-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Kevin.

Sounds like you got hooked up. Very cool!!

I believe the Predator programing requires 93 Octane gas. You may be able to adjust that but the default programing is set for higher octane. If your running lower this could be effecting your gas mileage.

2001 H1 Opentop

Former 03 H2 Adventure Series

Kevin W
10-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I was able to work my way around the system, and get a new unit.
I am using regular gas, so I guess I will upgrade on my next fill up!

Thanks again Joe.

Kevin

HummerTeam
10-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I also lost about a .5 mpg, but also installed on a full tank of regular.

Travis

http://www.HummerTeam.com

H2 Bill
10-02-2003, 02:55 PM
My guess is that you probably had your foot in it for a good amount of the time "testing" your new performance mod! Give it a while and it will most likely even out.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

Kevin W
10-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I actually installed mine as well with regular fuel, and should beable to fill the truck with premium over the weekend and see how it does.

Kevin