PDA

View Full Version : Recessions in B-pillars

JCJ
11-11-2002, 03:04 PM
Any suggestions for reason(s) of the recessions at the inside of the B-pillar (that is between first and second row doors). They are located between eye and shoulder level.
Maybe Previously intended for lights/spots.
I didn't dare remove to see what they hide!

JCJ
11-11-2002, 03:04 PM
Any suggestions for reason(s) of the recessions at the inside of the B-pillar (that is between first and second row doors). They are located between eye and shoulder level.
Maybe Previously intended for lights/spots.
I didn't dare remove to see what they hide!

Beck
11-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Aruba, I remembered you asked about where to mount air horns. Hummer Tech said those 2 rectangular things are for the mounting of airhorns inside the cockpit. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JCJ
11-11-2002, 08:19 PM
They're for deployment of emergency oxygen supply! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mindsender
11-14-2002, 01:28 AM
I took the covers off trying to place a custom self rigged coat hook on each side. It's just a screw to hold the plastic cover on. Careful to remove from the top first, then bottom or the two tits on bottom will break off (no big deal). I ended up hanging hooks from actuall ceiling frame, then filing a small indent in the plastic to position it. works great, and they are covered with a yellow rubber, like grip handles of tools. Guess what color my H2 is...? Don't you just love these things? I never loved a car before, and I've been fortunate. Now I'm lucky. Paul

Kühl Carbon
01-03-2003, 07:37 PM
BBBBAAAMMMPPP!!!

You're all wrong. Those covers are there for a special kind of clip. To remove the B Pillar without breaking it, you need to remove the cover and then remove the screw. Leave the clip in the sheet metal for re-installation. Attempting to remove the trim without removing the cover and the screw will BREAK the trim to the extent that it will have to be replaced.

Now, for the 64,000 dollar question:"Why is it there???"

It is a special attachment system that is used exclusively for roof rail airbags (the kind that drop down over the window glass in an impact. While they are not currently available, GM asked that we design the trim system to be "package protected" for them ... so they could add them with a minimal amount of change in the future.

***BLANK*** at this time http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

01-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Why didn't we get side airbags?! I was vey disappointed to learn they were not only not standard, but not even available as an option! Argh.

The lack of any airbags at all is top on the list of what prevented me from buying the H1 all these years.

Kühl Carbon
01-03-2003, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2X0R:
Why didn't we get side airbags?! I was vey disappointed to learn they were not only not standard, but not even available as an option! Argh.

The lack of any airbags at all is top on the list of what prevented me from buying the H1 all these years.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the crash data I've seen from several vehicles, you don't want them. I have only seen data produced from 1 vehicle that supports an improvement from the current frontal systems.

***BLANK*** at this time http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif