PDA

View Full Version : new h2 will be mine in 2 weeks, can't wait!

SOFTTAILJC
11-04-2002, 11:45 PM
great forum, lots of good info, like the pros and cons. been reading it for about a month now...just finished my garage to fit new h2, anybody having probs getting it inside? get a good garage door guy.... i was in the biz for 24 years so i knew what to do... took out and 8ft. by 7 ft high door, went with new frame 9by 7ft 3inches
had to cut 8ft track to fit and moved motor up too. most garages can be altered, so like i said get a good door guy and don't get ripped off. someone posted an estamite of 5,ooo dollars thats nuts . i did to new doors new openings and trim for 800.00 gl

SOFTTAILJC
11-04-2002, 11:45 PM
great forum, lots of good info, like the pros and cons. been reading it for about a month now...just finished my garage to fit new h2, anybody having probs getting it inside? get a good garage door guy.... i was in the biz for 24 years so i knew what to do... took out and 8ft. by 7 ft high door, went with new frame 9by 7ft 3inches
had to cut 8ft track to fit and moved motor up too. most garages can be altered, so like i said get a good door guy and don't get ripped off. someone posted an estamite of 5,ooo dollars thats nuts . i did to new doors new openings and trim for 800.00 gl

MAC
11-04-2002, 11:55 PM
I took delivery of new H2, got home and drove straight into my garage. Standard size double garage door.

Bill Kervaski
11-05-2002, 12:18 AM
Literally? Oops.

- Bill

CJ
11-05-2002, 06:09 PM
I have a standard 16 foot by 7 foot roll up door being installed as I type. If it still wont fit a room adition is in my future /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CJ
11-05-2002, 08:55 PM
The door is in. Should have 1 1/4 inch to spare. Hope to god I never forget to check suspension air before pullin in.

MAC
11-05-2002, 09:00 PM
That is what a wife is for, she watches the top while The Man drive the Hummer in. It might be safer if you watch and she drives, you can always blame her later on. But it is like carrying the bride into the room, you gotta to do the driving. Don't forget to lower the radio antenna to 2 or 3 O'clock position. As long as your approach is flat, no problem.

SOFTTAILJC
11-06-2002, 01:46 AM
i put a mirror on wall facing garage doors i can see whats going on over my roof

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 03:16 AM
Thank goodness my house was previously owned by the builder who drove large trucks and we do not have a standard garage.

I did however use the pull cord as a guide to how far to pull in to be sure the tail was inside the gararge. I accidentally caught the emergency pull string and drove off with it. Woops...

Easily tied back on but could have been a disaster if pulled hard enough to trigger the latch to close and caught the back end of the hummer. Uh I almosted fainted at the thought.

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

KenP
07-06-2006, 12:08 AM
had to cut 8ft track to fit and moved motor up too. most garages can be altered, so like i said get a good door guy and don't get ripped off. someone posted an estamite of 5,ooo dollars thats nuts . i did to new doors new openings and trim for 800.00 glThat's great info, soft, but I'd have to cut some brick to raise the door.:mad:

So when is the new truck due and what color did you order? Just think, you'll soon be able to put all this good forum info to work.;)

Fubar
07-06-2006, 12:25 AM
congrats and have a blast with your new toy.

it was probably me that you're referring to that got a quote of 5k to enlarge my garage door opening. It must just be something out here in NV cuz I've gotten quotes ranging anywhere from 5k-10k to do the job properly. For that amount of money I could have a second garage built. The problem as it's been explained to me is that the garage is the ground floor of a 2 story home thus the outside wall is a load bearing wall that you can't simply cut 6-10 inches out of it without reinforcing the opening with a steal beam. Or so they say. Frankly I think it's BS but after 5 different contractors have all told me nearly the same thing I'm sort of stuck short of importing someone from another state and in that event I doubt it could be done for $800:confused: