PDA

View Full Version : 2 INCH LIFT KIT

RAYCOBIKER
02-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Does anyone make a 2 inch lift kit for the H2?

RAYCOBIKER
02-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Does anyone make a 2 inch lift kit for the H2?

kdio
02-12-2003, 03:34 PM
I have also been looking for a 2 inch lift kit for my H2. It seems all the suspension companies are only making 4 inch lifts or more. I think they missed the market. The H2 buyer is a different type of consumer than the typical person lifting their trucks. Most trucks or suvs need at least a 4 inch lift to put 33 inch tires on their trucks. The H2 comes standard with 35 inch tires and with a 4 inch lift 37 inch tires almost look too small. Maybe if enough of us express an interest in a 2 inch lift kit to Rancho suspensions, maybe they will build one for us.

btaylor
04-30-2003, 02:27 AM
I too am interested in a 2" lift. I spent this last desert season running my H2 in the sand at Glamis, CA. I simply applied the driving rules of my ATV and it goes very well, far beyond what you'd expect. But you hit the front end a lot.

I just returned from a week in Death Valley. I was with a Jeep owner who could rock-crawl me to death. The H2 was a good piece of iron for him to hook up to when he winced up a vertical wall. But in order for me to get into position on the medium level rocks I had to scrape and grind.

My air suspension had failed that day and was back on the next, but after a few days of running those back 4x4 roads we all surmised that 2" would make a BIG difference without turning me into a lifted "street rod." I don't want to loose the simple stock setup, I just want a little extra.

By the way, the H2 skid plate did its job.

Hummer Man
04-30-2003, 09:04 AM
There are alot of H2 2" lifts on EBAY.

Hummer Man
04-30-2003, 09:05 AM
Oh by the way there are two types - Body lifts and spring extendeders or expanders.