PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY, AN AUX INPUT FOR THE OEM SYSTEM (6CD IN DASH)

aces full
11-01-2003, 12:36 AM
I finally got my IPOD hooked up, without FM modulation. It comes through the factory speakers, and sounds great.

Here's the setup I used (sorry, no pictures).

You'll need the following:
1-PIOGM1 from Soundscape ($145 yikes)
2-IP bus to RCA adapter from Pioneer ($15)
3-Stereo RCA male to mini male (Radio Shack $8)
4-Belkin Cigarette lighter adapter for IPOD (40)
5-12 volt cigarette lighter (Pep Boys $8)

Pull the stereo bezel, head unit, gear shift, console cover, and console insert...

plug in #1 & #2 to the back of the stereo. That will give you stereo RCA female. Plug in #3 into those RCA females.

Make a hole in the insert for the lighter. Tap off one of the 12 volts indash to power the lighter.

Plug the Belkin piece into your new lighter. The plug from the Belkin goes into the botom of the IPOD (same connector as the IPOD cradle has). The Belkin also has a mini input, and volume control. Plug in the mini from #3, turn up the volume, and you're set.

When you press the band button on the stereo, you now have AM, FM1, FM2, AUX1, and AUX2 (which I'll use for an XM Radio).

You can now change the setting on the IPOD for backlight, to always lit, as you'll never run out of power. Your IPOD is always being charged.

Cool setup. The 40 Gig IPOD holds approx 15000 songs, depending on rate which you sample, and length of songs. I'll never carry a CD again.

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up,
'03 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Excursion,
'04 Red & Black Mini Cooper (on order),
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

aces full
11-01-2003, 12:36 AM
I finally got my IPOD hooked up, without FM modulation. It comes through the factory speakers, and sounds great.

Here's the setup I used (sorry, no pictures).

You'll need the following:
1-PIOGM1 from Soundscape ($145 yikes)
2-IP bus to RCA adapter from Pioneer ($15)
3-Stereo RCA male to mini male (Radio Shack $8)
4-Belkin Cigarette lighter adapter for IPOD (40)
5-12 volt cigarette lighter (Pep Boys $8)

Pull the stereo bezel, head unit, gear shift, console cover, and console insert...

plug in #1 & #2 to the back of the stereo. That will give you stereo RCA female. Plug in #3 into those RCA females.

Make a hole in the insert for the lighter. Tap off one of the 12 volts indash to power the lighter.

Plug the Belkin piece into your new lighter. The plug from the Belkin goes into the botom of the IPOD (same connector as the IPOD cradle has). The Belkin also has a mini input, and volume control. Plug in the mini from #3, turn up the volume, and you're set.

When you press the band button on the stereo, you now have AM, FM1, FM2, AUX1, and AUX2 (which I'll use for an XM Radio).

You can now change the setting on the IPOD for backlight, to always lit, as you'll never run out of power. Your IPOD is always being charged.

Cool setup. The 40 Gig IPOD holds approx 15000 songs, depending on rate which you sample, and length of songs. I'll never carry a CD again.

'02 Black Honda Goldwing

SunsetGuy
11-01-2003, 12:54 AM
You're sweet dude!

How did you come up with this fix?

PARAGON
11-01-2003, 01:14 AM
I have to ask the obvious question, do you still have the 6-disc changer on the Aux 1 or did this setup eliminate that.

I am assuming it did from your post, but before I start ordering, I want to make sure.

aces full
11-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Sunset Guy, How did I come up with the fix?? I just kept searching, until one company said they were about 2 weeks away from the product, and I took a chance, and gave them my AMEX card...the part arrived this morning, and it's already done!!!! If you're not interested in tinkering, any decent Car Audio shop can handle this one easily.....but you have to push them for the location of the IPOD....I wouldn't want it where you had wires dangling, hence my use of the console interior!!!!

Paragon...the CD changer doesn't use up either of the Aux ins....you still have that, and select it from the CD/Aux button (in that case, the Aux button does nothing)....you get to the Aux ins by pushing the band button, which cycles from am, fm1, fm2, aux 1, and aux2....so you can have an MP3 player, and a Satellite Radio, or whatever uses you come up with for the Auxes!!!!!

'02 Black Honda Goldwing

kdio
11-01-2003, 04:28 AM
Aces Full, do you have a link to where we can buy this stuff. Great job.

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps

aces full
11-01-2003, 05:06 AM
I bought the PIOGM1 through http://www.soundgate.com/products/cd/hummer.htm

I got the Pioneer IP bus to RCA adapter at a local car stereo store

The Belkin piece can be bought at Best Buy.

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up
'00 Black Mercedes S430
'03 Mineral Grey Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Ford Excursion
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

Erod
11-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks I been looking for this kind of interface for a while. So you still have onstar and steering wheel controls?

Thanks Again, Now I have to decide on which kind of Mp3 player to get.

Erick

PARAGON
11-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Aces, I should have read your post more closely. Now, you are definitely the hero for this because this opens the door for many more possibilities.

Erod, I have the Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20 Super Bundle (http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500404.html) and love it. I plan to have one of the aux set up for this.

aces full
11-01-2003, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erod:
Thanks I been looking for this kind of interface for a while. So you still have onstar and steering wheel controls?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erod...this mod doesn't mess w/your steering wheel controls, or your Onstar...one bit of advice...when I was plugging the new gear in, I dislodged one of the connections, and lost keyless entry, and the ability to start the engine...it must have been an anti-theft function....when I retraced my steps, and tightened all the plugins, everything reverted to normal.

As far as which MP3 player, while the IPOD is a little expensive, it's looks and functions are elegant, and I'm really happy with it. I own a recording studio in Nashville, and it's the most common MP3 player I see here amongst music professionals.

'00 Black Mercedes S430
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

TouchdownTN
11-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Aces Full,
Please post the website or phone # of the audio shop in Nashville where you got the IP-Pioneer converter. I live about an hour north of Knoxville, and would like to either pick one of these up the next time I'm in Nashville or have them ship me one. BTW, What is the part # if you have it for the IP-Pioneer converter. Just want to verify one more thing! You do have 2 Aux inputs (MP3, and Sat Radio) Thanks a ton for the mod and please let us know about a part # if possible on the Pioneer unit from the local shop. Thanks,

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

TouchdownTN
11-03-2003, 04:43 AM
When I say IP-Pioneer I guess I am talking about "2-IP bus to RCA adapter from Pioneer ($15)" Just to clarify. Thanks again

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

cmb31078
11-03-2003, 05:38 AM
Aces,
Do you mind posting some pics of how you have the ipod installed and where the wires are located. Thanks in advance.

Craig
(Fellow Nashvillian)

aces full
11-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Touchdown, TN, The Pioneer adapter can be ordered from Soundscape, where you're going to get the PIOGM-1. They'll give you the part number. I got mine from a car stereo shop in Nashville, only because Soundscape was temporarily out of them. And, to confirm, you'll have 2 Aux inputs!!!!

Craig, I'm sorry I don't have pictures. To show a picture now, all you'd see is a wire coming out of the console, with the console cover shut on top of it, and the IPOD sitting in the cup holder. I should have taken pictures showing the routing of the wires used during installation. IF you still want to see what I've got, email me at rlandis@comcast.net, and we'll work out a time for me to show you my H2. My business is in Berry Hill, if that's near you.

'00 Black Mercedes S430
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

cmb31078
11-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Aces,
Thanks for the more info. I was just wondering what you did with the ipod and how you had the wires ran. Hope to see you around.

Craig

mseeliger
11-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Your the man! I just ordered mine. I am going for the XM in my H2

People like you are what make this site so great.

04 H2 Engine upgrades by Rod Hall Racing
02 BMW M3 Convertible
95 Ferrari F355
01 Ducati 748

Erod
11-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Acces full,

Well I have one more question for you. Since you have your IPOD on your H2, can you control the IPOD using your Steering Wheel controls or do you control directly through the IPOD? I am strongly considering the IPOD, However there are some pretty nice jukeboxes Like the OMNI LINK Jukebox which provides you with wireless sinking or the Kendwood keg.
I am asking you this since it would be nice if I could control the Jukebox using my steering wheel controls. Thank you very much for your time

aces full
11-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Erod...I'm pretty sure that the only things that can be controlled off the steering wheel are devices that have a learning remote....you can then program that remote to respond to buttons on the steering wheel. The IPOD doesn't have such a remote, so you have to command it manually. It's a small price to pay for such a great device. If you learn something different, let me know.

'00 Black Mercedes S430
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

OUSUCKS
11-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Has anyone used this device with the Alpine XM Radio?

Hummertime
11-06-2003, 01:49 AM
soundgate website says it will allow you to control pioneer or kenwood xm tuner with the factory radio. is this true?

Bone stock but dreamin!

Dreadnought
11-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks! Finally!

I've tried to order this product from the US, but no-one seems to be able to ship overseas e.g. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/soundpiogm1.html

No wonder Japan owns half the nation ;-) - kidding!

Seriously though: Anyone have a link to another webshop?

Klaus
11-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Here are a couple of good links about the Pioneer adapters:

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PIOCDRB10

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PIOCDRB20

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Klaus
11-06-2003, 01:33 PM
More good links:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=12127&highlight=piogm1

http://community.webshots.com/album/97147029DWQwHo

Klaus

Klaus
11-06-2003, 01:43 PM
From the XM board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>r_putman@soundgate.com

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:26 pm Post subject: PIOGM1 thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note to all XM fans to say "Thanks" for the overwhelming support of our new PIOGM1, GM to Pioneer/XM interface. We shipped our first pieces to a retail outlet in Arizona on October 15, and the response has been incredible.

I'd like to clear up a few issues...
1. OnStar continues to work just fine with the installation of the PIOGM1.
2. PIOGM1 can operate Pioneer changer only, XM receiver only, or can do both at once.
3. PIOGM1 can be used as a simple AUX input device.
4. PIOGM1 works in virtually all 2004 GM vehicles with the "Band" button (excluding Cadillac sedans).
5. PIOGM1 works in most 2003 GM's, even though they may not be 'XM ready'.
6. On factory systems where the radio includes a "Band" button, and the vehicle is equipped with a factory CD Changer, the CD Changer will continue to work.
7. Factory radios that do NOT have a "Band" button and do have a factory changer will have to have the factory changer disconnected (this is just a few car models).

IMPORTANT...
8. There is a text issue with the Pioneer 910 receiver. We know about this problem, and are taking the steps necessary to correct the manner in which the text displays. This interface will be called "PIOGM1V2", and will be available in about three weeks (app. Nov. 15).

This isn't a sales pitch, I just wanted to clear up some issues that I've read about in the posts.

Thanks again,
Rob Putman
SoundGate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

hinten
11-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Makes me so happy I peed a little in my pants.

TouchdownTN
11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Aces Full, I have looked everywhere on the net, Pioneer's web site, and called around Knoxville and can't find a IP-Bus to RCA converter that has 2 sets of RCA inputs. How do you accomplish getting 2 sets of RCA inputs? Not questioning if you really have 2 sets, just wondering how I can also accomplish this. I was wanting to get a XM sat set up such as the SkyFi or Roady, and also a MP3 device and have both of thes plugged in all the time. If anyone knows how to do this please post. Thanks everyone for your help, and if anyone does this mod please provide some pics for those of us not mechanically inclined! Thanks,

Klaus
11-07-2003, 05:37 PM
How about a guess. One of each:

PIOGM1 --> PIOCDRB20 --> PIOCDRB10

JUST A GUESS!

Of course, you could buy the Pioneer XM Module. The advantage is that the GM radio would control and display the XM.

Klaus

[This message was edited by Klaus on 11-07-03 at 11:46 AM.]

Patriot
11-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Damn Klaus...behind the dash sure is getting crowded... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Da shin bone connects to the....."

mseeliger
11-07-2003, 05:48 PM
The Soundgate (not Soundscape) PIOMG1 is on back order from Soundgate. Does anyone know who stocks this part? Also, I need a part number for the "IP bus to RCA adapter from Pioneer."

04 H2 Engine upgrades by Rod Hall Racing
02 BMW M3 Convertible
95 Ferrari F355
01 Ducati 748

Klaus
11-07-2003, 05:55 PM
These are both Pioneer IP bus adapters:

The CD-RB20 has a IP bus passthrough, and the CD-RB10 does not. It just depends on what you want to do as to which one you want.

Also, I'd wait for V2 of the Soundgate adapter.

Klaus

[This message was edited by Klaus on 11-07-03 at 12:16 PM.]

hinten
11-07-2003, 10:43 PM
The partnumbers you need to order are:
PIOGM1
and
PIO/P-RCA

The last piece will allow you to connect any RCA in to the AUX input.

aces full
11-08-2003, 12:25 AM
TOUCHDOWN, TN.....go to the Soundgate link, and contact tech support. they can answer your questions better than I.....and they'll have both parts that you need, assuming they're not backordered. They're good guys, and answered all questions I had.
The parts were not in stock when I called, but I gave them a credit card over the phone, and about 10 days later, everything arrived.

good luck

'00 Black Mercedes S430
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

Erod
11-11-2003, 10:56 AM
HI,

OK, I ended up buying the Kenwood Keg 20gb.
So Now I am waiting for soundgate to come up with the adapator so I can hardwire in to the OEM headunit. In the mean time I ran in to the PIE WEBSITE and I saw this. PIE ADAPTOR (http://www.pie.net/sec12sb1d.htm)
What do you guys think. Do you think this will work? and If it does Which one should I choose?. Thanks for your input

Erick

Klaus
11-11-2003, 12:27 PM
I don't think the PIE adapter will work. IIRC from my reading, the PIE adapters require an EXISTING external GM changer to tap into.

Please call them to be sure.

Klaus

aces full
11-11-2003, 12:27 PM
I can tell you for a fact that the Soundgate works. The first unit listed on the PIE website says that it doesn't work w/ONSTAR. I'd wait for the Soundgate!!!!!

'00 Black Mercedes S430
'02 Black Honda Goldwing

Erod
11-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the fast reply!! Man I am sure learning alot from you guys http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. and I will follow your suggestions and wait until soundgate comes out with the new interface for the OEM. I spoke to

Scott B. Helton
765-644-1251 ofc.
scott@logjamelectronics.com

and I was told that soundgate will ship the New improved Interfaces in 15 days. So I will keep you posted. l8r

Erick

Klaus
11-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Email today from Soundgate:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From: Rob Putman
To: Klaus
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: PIOGM1V2

It should be just a couple of weeks.. we're testing this week.
I'll send you an email when it is finished.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Rob Putman
President, SoundGate
ph: 307-674-4707 (ext 206)
fx: 866-674-4819
r_putman@soundgate.com
www.soundgate.com (http://www.soundgate.com)
m-f 8am - 5pm mst
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

Klaus
11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Update on the Logjam Electronics website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>NOTICE: (11/012/03 7:30am) Logjam Electronics and Soundgate are out-of-stock on the PIOGM1. Soundgate has indicated that they will have the new release PIOGM1V2 before the end of November, which means we will have it by the end of November also. Once we receive more inventory from Soundgate, we will ship all existing backorders that day, and then if there is any inventory left, we will place it in our website inventory for any new orders that come in. If you want to get on the waiting list, place your order now! Remember, Logjam Electronics never charges your credit card until the order actually ships!
- - Logjam Electronics Management

The Soundgate PIOGM1V2, an update from the original PIOGM1, addresses the text issue with the Pioneer 910 receiver and corrects the manner in which the text displays. Like the PIOGM1, the "V2" allows you to either add a Pioneer 6 or 12 disc P-Bus CD Changer and/or add a Pioneer XM Satellite receiver, or use the device as an auxiliary input converter in certain 2001 - 2004 General Motors factory radios (see specific application list below). The PIOGM1V2 utilizes sophisticated microprocessor control and advanced software design to flawlessly match the Pioneer CD changer and/or XM Tuner to the GM factory audio systems. Includes factory-match connectors for fast, easy installation. Compatible with the Pioneer CDX-P670, P650, P630 and PD6(in-dash) 6-disc IP-Bus CD changers as well as the CDX-P1270, P1250 and P1230 12-disc IP-Bus CD changers. Also compatible with the GEX-P900XM and GEX-FM903XM XM Tuners.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/soundpiogm1.html

Klaus

PARAGON
11-13-2003, 12:51 AM
I found these after a search, they have to wait on the PIOGMV2 also, but the price seems good:

Soundgate PIOGM1 (http://www.dreamretail.com/cgi-win/dream55.exe/~p006000110528) For Pioneer 6 or 12-disc CD changers and XM Satellite Radio Tuner to late model Chevrolets $90.97

Pioneer CD-RB10 (http://www.dreamretail.com/cgi-win/dream55.exe/~p006000003232) COMPACT DISC ADAPTOR $28.26

hinten
11-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Check this iPod cupholder out, that should fit right in the H2.Belkin (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=153999)

drouke
11-13-2003, 10:57 AM
This may have well been the solution i've been looking for. Do you guy's think I could use this to run the audio for my DVD and Playstation 2? I'm usuing an RF modulator right now and i hate it. Also is there any of the hummmm i get with acceleration? Or is that eliminated because it connected directly to the head unit?

Klaus
11-13-2003, 07:30 PM
I received this from Rob Putman at Soundgate today:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From: Rob Putman [mailto:r_putman@soundgate.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 2:43 PM
To: Klaus
Subject: PIOGM1V2

Hello Klaus,
Testing of the PIOGM1V2 was finished yesterday and it passed all tests
splendidly. We should be shipping these parts in a week and a half or two
weeks.

With regard to the text display using the 910... the factory radio will show
the first 8 characters of the text - the text will not scroll on the screen.
You can push the display button on the radio to show channel number first,
then push again for artist, then push again for song title. With each of
these categories the first 8 characters of each display. We hope this won't
be a serious detraction, for it is our only remedy at this time.

Thank you for your patience and patronage.

Best Regards,
Rob Putman
President, SoundGate
ph: 307-674-4707 (ext 206)
fx: 866-674-4819
r_putman@soundgate.com
www.soundgate.com (http://www.soundgate.com)
m-f 8am - 5pm mst<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

cmb31078
11-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Klaus,
Thanks for the updates. If he happens to e-mail you when shipping starts will you please post so we can all share in on the wealth. Thanks in advance.

Craig

04 H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

Klaus
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
If I get anything else from Rob, I'll pass it along.

I went ahead and placed an order for the adapter with Log Jam:

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/soundpiogm1.html

Klaus

Klaus
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Just an update... I received and email from Log Jam that my adapter shipped today. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Klaus

cmb31078
11-22-2003, 04:44 AM
I have ordered mine and a 12 disc changer. XM is coming for Christmas this year. I will let everyone know how well it works with the 04 Nav units. Hopefully it does work like Soundgate said it would. Should have it installed in time for Thanksgiving http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

H2Dude
11-22-2003, 07:59 AM
Klaus,

Thanks for all the research on the DVD/XM hook up through the radio. I also ordered the adapter and cable from log jam and it shipped today.

Now I need to go out and get the XM tuner. Any suggestions on the best XM Pioneer tuner(model #) or DVD system?

The way I understand the adapter is I should be able to hook up the XM and one additional device (DVD) via the 2nd aux input.

Patriot
11-22-2003, 11:20 AM
H2 Dude,

Klaus can correct me here but the adapter has only one input with the ability to pass thru two inputs. I called Soundgate to confirm. There won't be two IP-bus connections...only one....BUT...

On the Pioneer XM tuners of CD changers there is an IP-bus "pass thru". Kinda like a daisy chain. You can hook up the device and then use the pass thru jack on them to add another. You can add an IP-bus to RCA jack adapter to the IP-Bus pass thru on the XM tuner to get your second input.

Another option is to buy some of the IP-bus configuration adapters Klaus has posted here on this thread to use with the PIOGM1V2 to get two seperate inputs (non Pioneer).

Soundgate also said that with any Non-Pioneer input, they cannot promise proper operation because there are just too many configurations and gagets that can be added (their standard disclaimer)...but I'm sure most will work OK.

Oh...and I think I'm gonna try the Pioneer 910 for an XM tuner.

H2Dude
11-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will order the Pioneer 910 also. Anyone know if I will get the 8 character or 16 character display on our factory radio.

Cant wait to get that satellite radio rollin.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/musik/music-smiley-016.gif

Klaus
11-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Patriot is right on.

The Pioneer GEX-P910XM:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dU6gFom1vGO/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=130P910XM

Here's a $20 off link for Crutchfield if you use a Mastercard:

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rmc1cagb/index.html

Don't forget you will need an antenna!

Klaus

Klaus
11-22-2003, 07:05 PM
H2Dude, we will only get 8 characters... It's a limitation of our GM radio.

Klaus

H2Dude
11-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks Klaus, was just curious.

Antenna? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-006.gif The 910 doesn't come with one?

I guess my next question is what antenna do you guys recommend?

Klaus
11-22-2003, 08:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Dude:
Antenna? The 910 doesn't come with one?

I guess my next question is what antenna do you guys recommend?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's where it gets interesting. XM Radios use either a 1 or 2 lead antenna. The newer XM Radios use the 1 or single lead (connector) antenna.

The Pioneer 910 uses the older 2 connector antenna. The root of this is one connector for satellite reception, and one connector for terrestrial reception. As I said, the newer setups have combined the connectors.

Now, you can buy the 2 lead (connector) antenna for your 910 and be through. However, the rage in XM car antennas right now is the Blitzsafe:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/blxmmianxm.html

The Blitzsafe is a single lead antenna. To use it with a Pioneer 910, you will need a single to dual connector adapter. Guess what... XM does not have one yet! However, there is a single to dual adapter for Sirius units:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hh0gwDILQ17/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=209SIRSP

These adapters have been reported to work fine with XM:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=10841&highlight=sirsp&sid=029ddce532c111376b27ac281261060e

The official XM single to dual lead adapter is due out any time, so you might want to wait.

In a nutshell:

1. New XM systems use a 1 lead (connector) antenna.
2. The Pioneer XM radio uses a 2 lead (connector) antenna.
3. XM currently does not have an antenna adapter, but one should be released soon.

It is reported that reception is much better with the new, single connector antennas:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=10487&highlight=sirsp&sid=029ddce532c111376b27ac281261060e

Anyway, something else to think about!

Klaus

H2Dude
11-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Once again I thank you for the good info re the XM hook up. The cost of XM radio in my H2 keeps creeping up. My adapter and aux cable are in the mail. I will order the Pioneer 910, the blitzsafe antenna, and the SIRSP 2 to 1 adapter.

If you hear about a Pioneer 2 to 1 adapter comming out let me know.

Otherwise I am determined to get this thing rolling.

One last question Klaus do you know if the SIRSP 2 to 1 adapter will plug into the pioneer 910 or will I need modification to the connectors.

Patriot
11-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Klaus,

I noticed the Blitzsafe is much less exspensive than say a Terk-3???

Why??

If you don't mind getting a few scratches on the top of my H2..is this little Blitz AS STRONG an anteena than the other button-magnet types?

I don't mind the scrathes..I just want a good, strong antenna that is rather inconspicuous on top of the H2.

Klaus
11-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Patriot,

Good questions... Unfortunately, the parts have not arrived yet. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I went ahead and ordered the Blitzsafe antenna, based on info from the XMFan web site and forum:

http://www.xmfan.com

The Blitzsafe antenna does come with an adhesive pad to stick it on the roof if you are not happy with the magnetic mount.

The single connector antennas are part of what they are calling "second generation" XM equipment, so that may explain the better performance and lower price.

I'll know more after UPS visits me this week. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Klaus

hummer17
11-23-2003, 03:44 PM
LAPD or anyone:

Has anyone figured out or tried using the NAV at the same time as the CD-changer?

Also - LAPD - any progress on getting the nav to accept inputs when travelling above 8MPH?

Thanks Klaus for all of the information...

Klaus
11-23-2003, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Dude:
One last question Klaus do you know if the SIRSP 2 to 1 adapter will plug into the pioneer 910 or will I need modification to the connectors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the UPS man arrives, this is the best info I can give you:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From the XMFan forum:
I used the blitzsafe antenna with the sirius splitter without removing the purple plug. All you have to do is carefully file off one of the raised ridges on the brown connector on the splitter, then it will mate.

I got the SIRSP and the Blitzsafe antenna today; the SIRSP works great with this antenna and my Pioneer GEX-P900XM, I hope it works as well with all the other XM radios out there.

Confirmed. The Splitter in conjunction with the Blitzsafe Micro antenna DOES WORK with the Alpine TUA-T020XM reciever. The antenna works without it, but it complains about ANTENNA on the display of the HU non-stop. putting the splitter in place works just like my sharkfin did. Thanks XM guru's for the great idea of using the splitter. I think we can now confirm the Blitzsafe can be used on ANY reciever with the $20.00 splitter. EXCELLENT! XMFanStore--- you should DEFINATLY Start carrying this product!

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=10841&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sirsp%20pioneer%20blitzsafe%20antenna&sid=1530e73b664f2dc2fe525ea7e1a0734b

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

H2Dude
11-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Klaus,

Sounds good. I can't wait to here how your hookup turns out. Try and take some pics of your install so we can check it out. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cmb31078
11-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Hummer17 I will know if the factory Nav works with the cd changer via the Soundgate adapter as soon as UPS visits me which should be within 2 days. Hopeully Wednesday I will have it all working. I will post as soon as I do.

Craig

argonaut
11-26-2003, 03:29 AM
There is this cool product that worls for every make except GM called Ice-link by dension. It is pretty cool. I've seen a BMW with it installed, and it uses the OEM steering wheel controlls to change tracks, volume, etc. pretty awesome product. Supposedly it is coming out for GM sometime in december. I think i am going to wait for that one personally as I like the steering wheel controls. Nice find though Aces Full.

cmb31078
11-26-2003, 06:26 AM
Argonaut,

With the soundgate product you are suppose to be able to control the devices... Example Cd changer and xm satelitte through the steering wheel controls and the dash radio controls. I will have mine tomorrow and I will let you know.

Craig

cmb31078
11-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Slight delay here... I think UPS only hires complete idiots. My package has been misrouted twice today and there is nothing they can do for me now and I will not be getting this till Monday. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Craig

H2Dude
11-27-2003, 04:20 AM
UPS has scheduled to deliver my soundgate adapter on December 1, hope it makes it here on time. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif

hinten
12-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Can anyone tell me if I can connect one device via RCA (iPod) and one device via the IP bus (XM receiver) at the same time?

Klaus
12-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Hinten,

Yes, you can. You will need another adapter, an IP bus to RCA adapter. The end result will be:

Soundgate PIOGM1V2 --> Pioneer GEX-P910XM --> Pioneer CD-RB10

Klaus

H2Dude
12-02-2003, 03:05 AM
UPS delivered my PIOGMV2 and the adapter today. Time to tear out the center counsel and dash. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ill take pics

H2Dude
12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
I will post some pics of the actual PIOGMV2 and the Input adapter so you guys can check em out. Its late so I ll do it tomarrow.

cmb31078
12-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Congrats... I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine.

Craig

hinten
12-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Klaus, I'm not sure that I understand correctly.
PIOGMV2 into the XM Tuner; from the XM Tuner via the pass-through/exit port (I assume it has one) into the Ip-Busto RCA converter?

I understand that AUX1 and AUX2 can differentiate between two native IP-Bus devices but are you sure it can between one native and one RCA device?

Klaus
12-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Hinten,

Yes, the XM module and the RCA adapter should both work. You are correct, the XM module has an input and an output for another Pioneer device, such as the RCA adapter.

This is the setup I have purchased, but unfortunately I haven't had the time to install them...

Klaus

Klaus
12-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Here's the Pioneer XM module.

Klaus

H2Dude
12-03-2003, 07:10 AM
Klaus,

When I ordered My adapter from soundgate (PIOGMV2) they told me I could us the PIO/P-RCA adapter to conect any additional device through the xm 910 tuner. Is there a difference between that and the Pioneer CD-RB10 you have posted here?

Check this out and tell me what your think.

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piepioprca.html

Klaus
12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
H2Dude,

The PIO/P-RCA looks like a third-party version of the Pioneer CD-RB10. If Soundgate said it will work it should be fine.

Klaus

H2Dude
12-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Thank you.

I will start my project today and keep you all posted.

H2Dude
12-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Okay Fellas,

Im into my XM Install. Any suggestions or recommendations regarding the antenna placement. I have the Terk 3 with about 14ft of line. where is the best spot on pushing the line out onto the roof, windshield, lights, door???

Thanks

Patriot
12-03-2003, 09:16 PM
H2dude,

I have the same antennae...

I put it in the right rear corner. I ran the wire under the right rear marker light and down between the tailgate and into the right rear pressure relief housing. That goes into the back behind the right rear speaker. The speaker housing just pulls off (clips). From ther under the utility panel over the right rear wheel and up under the right rear back set where my Pioneer 910 is.

Let me know if this helps

If you want to PM me with a number, I'll call you and explain in more detail

H2Dude
12-05-2003, 03:27 AM
I want to thank all of you for sharing great info on installing the PIOGM1V2 and Pioneer GEX910 xm reciever.

It took me a few hours and I couldn't have done it without the help and support from the members on this fourm. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do have one problem. The XM plays fine and sounds great in my 2004 H2 with the Bose 6 disk changer. I hit the band button and it goes from AM FM CD then Aux 1 and Aux 2.

The problem Im having is that I get no display on Aux 1 and Aux 2. The Display works fine using the other sources(AM/FM/CD).

The steering wheel controls also work fine. Any suggestions. Do you think I have a bad PIOGM1V2? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

H2Dude
12-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Scott from logjam electronics emailed me and told me I may have a bad PIOGM1V2? They are sending me a new one tomarrow.

I guess that means I'll get a second chance at tearing my dash apart.

I'll keep you posted. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Klaus
12-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Are you sure the XM module is connected properly and is getting power?

If so, you might try pressing the reset button on the XM module. You could also unplug the RCA adapter from the XM module, and see what happens.

Klaus

H2Dude
12-05-2003, 04:46 PM
I did the reset and hadn't attached the RCA adapter yet. I will take your advice and switch the plug on the back of the xm tuner and see what happens.

Klaus
12-05-2003, 04:49 PM
You could also connect only the RCA adapter, and see if it works... If it does work, you could have a bad XM module. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Klaus

H2Dude
12-08-2003, 12:31 AM
XM radio installed.

Thanks to all of your help and research. I received a replacement Soundgate PIOGM1V2 module and everything works fine. Guess I got a bad one the first time out. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also ordered the RCA pass through cable so I can listen to another source. Im thinking a DVD/TV tuner that I can mount next to the XM receiver under the seat.

I'll save that project for another day.

Special thanks to Aces Full, Patriot, and Klaus. Oh ya and to soundgate for rushing out the replacement part with no hassle.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

RapaNuiMan
06-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Are there any devices, either Soundgate or PAC or PIE, that can control a cd changer through an H2 Factory Nav Unit through the CD functions (not the band functions)?

DRTYFN
06-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Holy crap!! After trying to call XM Direct for 2 weeks and getting the same voice mailbox I finally got a live person today. That live person wasn't much smarter than a house plant though. I asked if they had an adapter for an '04 745Li. He said he didn't know and then sat there in silence. So I asked him if he could go ask someone that might know. He came back and told me that BMWs are Sirius ready. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm thinking to myself no ****, but decide not to tell him that. I tell him I'm aware of that and that why I'm calling to ask if they have an adapter. At that point I think the little wheels in his head jumped a cog and he froze up and all that would come out was "Uhmmm... no."
BTW, his name was Chris. If you should ever call and he happens to answer- hang up or if you're feeling sadistic play with him and see if you can get him to lock up again.