11-13-2002, 12:23 AM
For your viewing pleasure:

Jason
11-13-2002, 12:25 AM
One more for you...

MAC
11-13-2002, 12:37 AM
Beautiful SUT. Handosme orange color.
Look, Mom! the waves are exactly same. That happens once every 500 years.
Thanks Jason.

JCJ
11-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Cool roof lights!
What's that black thing? A radar?
Or the latest model "air horn"?
(I'd rather not mention it any more).

JCJ
11-13-2002, 11:47 AM
I remember someone had posted a question previously about having both running lights and day lights on at the same time.
On these pics you can see that it is possible, at least in the SUT it is. How to have 'm simultaniuos on remains the question. Might this be programmable through the car's computer?

Dan
11-13-2002, 01:12 PM
The black unit on the roof rack is for 360 degree infrared night vision.

I had inquired about the light bar and haven't got any answers. Looks pretty cool!

And I emailed Jason my collection of SUT pics so he can post them up here.

Hope you like them!
- Dan

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Maybe I can get DH to get one of those!!!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

Jason
11-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey guys,

I posted some of Dan's pictures in our new "H2 SUT Gallery," follow the link below:

SUT Gallery (http://www.elcova.com/h2/sutgal.html)

Thanks again, Dan.

Jason

MAC
11-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Where is the spare tire? that is a problem, isn't it? where do you put that 100 Ibs thing without destroying the beauty of it?

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Hmmm that is a VERY good question seeing that the spare has been a BIG topic for most of us!!!

Way to notice Mac.

~amy

MAC
11-13-2002, 10:09 PM
The in dash GPS is very nice, on par with MB/BMW/Lexus.

As if there is not enough driving lights, they added 3 more lights in the center of rear bumper. More lights is good, I like exccess. The big HUMMER brand moved up to the back gate, that's SUT only.
The front lower bumper and plate becomes one piece in black color, that looks nice, guess that's what they will change to on all H2.

Dr. Aruba has the right question, what is that radar on top? Cannot be just for night vision. Cadillac night vision thingie hides behind bumper, you don't need such a big Pentagon thingie for night vision.

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 10:44 PM
okay the big question.????HOW MUCH????

~amy

MAC
11-13-2002, 10:51 PM
I guess it would similar to Cadillac Escalate SUV/SUT gap. Maybe a couple thousands $ more?

Gary
11-13-2002, 10:56 PM
That is Raytheon's Digital Infarred 360 degree Night Vision. It is so sweet. I'm putting one on my H2. I have been all over my dealer to get the GM/Hummer parts for retro fitting the dash.

If you go to Raytheon's website...do a search about the Night Vision ProtectIR4000MProtect IR 4000M (http://www.raytheoninfrared.com/productcatalog/4000M.html) model you can learn more about it. You get a joystick to control the camera that is mounted in the black dome.

You can see in both color and black and white. It also senses heat. I have seen it in action, it would be a fun toy in Aruba. Especially with all those cruise ships. You can literally see right through the ship and see people moving through the walls of the ship.

It was originally supposed to be on the H2 but got cut out with alot of other cool tech gadgets.

The cost is about $7,500.00 for the setup.

Respectfully yours,

Gary
Finlayson, MN

Dan
11-14-2002, 09:41 AM
GM is still investigating the spare tire location. They polled some of the H2 owners with questions regarding the current tire location, any alternate locations, and whether people would be willing to sacrifice departure angle to have the spare mounted under the rear.
Last I heard, GM is pursuing going with a swing-away rear mount.

As far as pricing, I have not heard anything. Although one person on this list who has pre-ordered a SUT was told by his dealer that the SUT will be $4-$5K LESS than the SUV. Doesn't make sense, but we'll have to wait & see!

And the Nav system is very cool! It's Motorola's iRadio Telematics System which has:

*Server based technology allows for real time route planning and navigation using a Global Positioning Satellite.

*Detachable iRadio two-way remote allows communication with the in-dash iRadio from great distances.

*Genre music on demand. The iRadio accesses your Web page to find your preference in music, then finds the corresponding radio stations for you.

*Hands-free telephone services including: emergency notification communications, voice mail/e-mail access and address book.

*Secure e-commerce transactions through your pre-configured Web page.

- Dan

Dan
11-14-2002, 09:46 AM
MAC,

The 3 lights under the bumper are there to function as the ones on the top/back of the SUV.

I believe the lights are required by the DOT due to vehicle size, not just for show.

- Dan

11-15-2002, 01:45 PM
I am the one who has one on order...

Yeah, they told me $4k - $5k less. I seriously doubt it is going to have all of those cool electronics. The prototypes for the SUV had alot of the same cool electronics, but they didn't make it into the SUV.

As far as the spare tire, my dealer wasn't sure. We both hoped that they make it so you can set it in diagonal over the bed (like you see sometimes on the H1). I doubt that is where the standard location will be, but that is where mine will end up (if it can).

I will go back up to the dealeship this weekend and see if they know anything new.

HummerGirl
11-16-2002, 02:14 AM
okay I'll ask before anyone else does...

What is the anticipated MPG????

Are they going to shoot for a little better MPG than the current H2?

Almost convinced my husband to get one of these bad boys in the spring/summer when they come out. He really likes the look and the way mine drives but unless the MPG does not improve in the future he just won't go for it.

What are the specs on the truck bed?

I really like the SUT!!! It definitely grows on you!

~amy

11-16-2002, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't think the MPG is going to improve any, unless you get the Duramax Diesel.

The bed is going to be roughly the same size as your cargo area.

JJ
11-16-2002, 03:51 PM
The IR imager will definitely limit most Home garage parking options.... Also, I would think that it would be a great target for thieves - the great majority of the cost of such systems is the imaging technology itself.

Very nice and so is the NAV system

JJ

MAC
11-16-2002, 04:22 PM
I think it will be just about the same as current H2, just chop off the roof and sides, strengthen the body, touch up the details, no different than Chevolet or Cadillac SUV/SUT/EXT. The extra toys will NOT be there as standard equip, if available at all. Do your math with your fingers, night imaging, navegation, etc for $4K-$5K less? No way, Jose.

I would even guess they have it ready to go already, just delay 1 year so they have something new & exciting to offer, exact same marketing 101 tricks as you see with all other autos. This 450 HP thing, do you really think Hummer will offer that as standard to replace current H2 powerplant? not a smart thing to do as far as marketing nor accounting go. At best they make it as available option. Buyers will pay thousands more, why not take the money?

Guys and gals, it is really no big deal, looks very nice, but just like Chevolet or Cadillac SUV/SUT/EXT. It will sell much less quantity that H2, always so.

DIANE
11-17-2002, 11:36 AM
WOW!!I am impressed. My husband wants an H2. I think I will make a deal with him. I will let him drive my H2 if he buys me the SUT. Very sharp truck!

DRTYFN
11-17-2002, 10:31 PM
ooohhhhh, me need!!!! me need bad!!!

Texas Red
11-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Mac said: << it is really no big deal, looks very nice, but just like Chevolet or Cadillac SUV/SUT/EXT.>>

Sorry Mac, our H2 SUVs are not anything like Chevolet or Cadillac SUV/SUT/EXT and therefore ipso facto neither is the H2 SUT.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

MAC
11-18-2002, 02:23 AM
You are absolutely correct. I was referring the the difference between H2 and SUT, same as Escalade vs. EXT or Chevy SUV vs. half bred SUV/truck(very handsome, can't recall the names). Many L.A. body shops can do the SUT look by converting H2, most likely good looking too. Most of us like H2SUT look, but few of us will buy it, at least that is the realistic business side of it.

HummerGirl
11-18-2002, 11:22 AM
I have to agree with Mac on the aspect that the sales will be low on the SUT. My husband bought that goofy looking Explorer Sport Trac and he loves it. He's not into cars or trucks so this sufficed his needs. I am the auto-junkie in the house. But he DOES show a great instrest in this H2 SUT (he may buy it in the spring/summer).

But anyway...you don't see many of those Sport Tracs on the road and they too are a offshoot of the explorer SUV. (well I have not seen that many here in Georgia and we cover quite a bit of territory on our trips home. Most folks see them as useless bc of the size of the truck bed and engine capabilities. (hee hee..they are)
Personally I really like the H2 SUT, but bc it is a Hummer and so different than the mainstream SUV/SUTs, I doubt too that they will sell very many to "virgin" H2 buyers. In my opinion it will be bought by those who are already H2 owners or extremely familiar with the Hummer and it's capabilities.

Does that make sense? I think that is what Mac was trying to say. He did not mean that the mechanical aspects were the grade of the caddy or chevy.

~amy

LaLegend
12-05-2002, 03:01 PM
I will be placing an order for my H2 sometime in Jan 03 in time for a Spring delivery.

I'm interested in knowing if the currently available Sunset Orange Metallic color is the same orange shown on the photos of the H2 SUT posted in this topic group? It appears to be a different shade.

Also, do anyone know when the '04 models of the H2's will hit the showrooms and if there's any mention of changes, upgrades, options to the '03 model?

Thank you,
Lalegend

12-06-2002, 12:41 AM
I /wish/ the H2 came in this color orange, but it doesn't. The current "Sunset Orange Metallic" should really be called "Rusty Brown". I wanted a really bright orange, and the H2 SUT Concept is much brighter than what's currently available.

KenP
09-13-2007, 01:09 AM
ooohhhhh, me need!!!! me need bad!!!Did you ever get one?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hummer Aficionado_VT
09-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Blast from the past. :giggling:

DRTYFN
09-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Did you ever get one?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Get one what?:fdance:

KenP
09-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Get one what?:fdance:Orgasm caused by a female.:jump:

LMAO!!!!!:giggling: :giggling: :jump: :giggling: :giggling: :jump: :giggling: :giggling:

Agriv8r
10-26-2007, 10:32 PM
did you ever give one.....:giggling: