PDA

View Full Version : ROTATING MY TIRES

MONSTERMATT
04-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I wanna start rotating my own tires, mainly because im doing it every 3k due to the fact that i want these nitto mud grapplers to last as long as possible lol!! so i have a few questions, is there a certian "tension" i need to tighten the lugs to? or just crank em as tight as i can by hand? i will obviously need a jack and jack stands and was looking for some recomendations on these as i obviously need a jack that will raise high enough to get the truck to the right height, since iam doing this frequently i will maybe invest in a compressor down the line and i was curious what kind of psi i will need to get the job done right THANKS

PARAGON
04-23-2006, 08:42 PM
lol http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MONSTERMATT
04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah lol, PARAGON- try not to post immediately after lookin in the mirror

PARAGON
04-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I hope you didn't bruise anything trying for that one

HUMTECH
04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
140 ft/lbs. I would recommend 100 psi line pressure and A good impact gun(not A 20 dollar one). Torque should always be checked with a torque wrench when done.

MONSTERMATT
04-23-2006, 11:34 PM
THANKS, HUMTECH

MarineHawk
04-24-2006, 02:21 AM
is there a certian "tension" i need to tighten the lugs to? or just crank em as tight as i can by hand? i will obviously need a jack and jack stands and was looking for some recomendations on these as i obviously need a jack that will raise high enough to get the truck to the right height

I think you're on the right track.

Bishop
04-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Funny though, by the time you buy jack stands, compressor, and a good impact gun you could have paid to have the wheels rotated through 100,000 miles at a tire shop. Just a thought. Some places even do it for free, especially if you bought the tires there.