PDA

View Full Version : Picture of shock and header First try !!

AZhummer
01-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Just a quick shot of the stuff from the left side. Hope it works

03 H2

AZhummer
01-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Just a quick shot of the stuff from the left side. Hope it works

03 H2

RIC-H0
01-05-2004, 03:24 AM
How difficult was it to install the headers?
Did you have to reprogram?
Have you noticed a difference in MPG and Power?
Does the shock make a big difference in ride?
Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?
Did you know my neighbor has a rabbit?

Sorry...so many questions!

Ric-H2

AZhummer
01-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Hi Rick, well these are the long tube headers and you have to cut the exsisting pipe to the front on the cat. You then have to assemble it all up and tack weld the flange to the front of the cat. Then you pull the pipes with the cats on them off the truck and do the complete weld. The headers stay on but loose until the final assembly. I have the Volant air bax and a Bassini exhaust on the truck as well. Used the Diablo Pretator to reflash and fine tune the system. Run's on regular gas with no knock retard at WOT. It is so quick it shocks first time riders with me. The shocks are great. Along with the polyurethene busings it handles like a cart. The rebound on the Edlebrocks is very fast, this translates to increased ground contact on bumps and dips on and off road. Pay attention to details and it adds up.

03 H2

Kevin W
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey sorry to get off topic,

but, what type of center caps are those on the stock chrome wheels??? they look really cool!

kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.

AZhummer
01-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Hi Kevin, the dealer here in AZ makes them. They chrome the wheel and machine the grooves for the lettering ( its rubber ) just 2 of the allen bolts hold it on the wheel. The others are just screwed into the cap itself.

03 H2

RIC-H0
01-06-2004, 03:04 AM
Can you take some more pictures of the cat/header union, and of course some pictures of the nice wheels too.

Thanks in advance.

Ric-H2

AZhummer
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
HI Kevin, will do. I will show you the headers as well. I will do it later today.

03 H2

Kevin W
01-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Could you take a picture of the wheel, and pass along the name of the dealer. I would love to contact them about making a set of center caps for my truck.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.

AZhummer
01-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Will do, I will find out the machine shop that does it for Lund, save 300 % in cost.

03 H2

cinci
01-08-2004, 11:27 AM
AZ,

What brand are the headers and where did you buy them?
Do you think the extra work of the installation is worth it over the bolt on shorty headers in terms of performance?
Are you using the stock throtle body?
Have you check the improvement on the dyno?

Thanks,
David
Black H2

AZhummer
01-08-2004, 12:03 PM
HI David, The shorty headers from all I have learned would not work for my application. I was lookin for low end torque for off road applications as well as launching from a stop. The long tubes give you that. I am sure a good set of shorties are way better then stock if that is the extent of your installation prowess. ( cutting and welding is necessory for the long tubes ) I have not had it on the dyno yet but with a side by side run with a stock H2 I walk away from it like it was in reverse. They are from AZ Speed & Marine they list for 799 or there abouts, I got them for 625 ceramic coated and the flanges. Don't forget to use antiseize on all the bolts in the head. ( aluminum ). Have fun.

03 H2