PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustment

11-06-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi All,

Got my H2, LOVE IT. Problem, the headlights are simply too high at the factory setting, I practically blind anyone I pull up behind, and its just obnoxious. Anyone know how I can adjust them? Or do I have to take it back to the dealership? I couldnt find anything in the owners manual regarding adjusting them, if someone has found something in the manual, post the page number for me. Thank in advance. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

11-06-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi All,

Got my H2, LOVE IT. Problem, the headlights are simply too high at the factory setting, I practically blind anyone I pull up behind, and its just obnoxious. Anyone know how I can adjust them? Or do I have to take it back to the dealership? I couldnt find anything in the owners manual regarding adjusting them, if someone has found something in the manual, post the page number for me. Thank in advance. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

OUSUCKS
11-06-2002, 11:28 AM
I had the same problem. You can adjust them with an allenn wrench. Just look at the headlight closely from the outside and you will see the hole where the screw is. This will adjust up and down

Texas Red
11-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Yep, I found it necessary to adjust my headlights down also. I used a 5/32" Allen wrench and it worked fine. Only one adjustment screw on each lamp.

I just pulled it in front of my garage door with lights on so I could gage the amount of adjustment. It's so easy you can just try it out and adjust more or less to your liking after you drive it some.

TonyD
11-09-2002, 01:19 AM
Hi. Some suggestions from experience with rally cars.

25 feet from vertical wall, on levle ground, weight inside equal to driver, normal load, fuel, and so forth.

Adjust low beams straignt out and level. Find marks on wall by pulling up, putting mark or tape at center line of headlamp on wall. A laser pointer works great! Back up 25 feet or so.

Adjust horizontally straignt ahead.

Adjust vertically so 'hot spot' (brightest spot) is 3 inches lower than tape. Drive & check. Big thing is straight ahead. Eurobeam lamps with good
edge make it easer to find center on wall.

Driving lights should be straight ahead both horizontally and vertically, then adjusted per personal desires.

Remember to weight the vehicle - including what you might normally carry in the rear. If the lights change angle when you load up, you'll need to adjust vertical aim. Keep the correct tool handy because things will probably change in the boonies, carrying lots of stuff, so on.

Tony