PDA

View Full Version : Gas Leak

marinron
09-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Went I went to take my H2 out of our carport this weekend I noticed a faint gasoline odor. By the time I backed the truck out on to the street, I could smell raw gas. Looking under the mid-point of the frame on the drivers side, I could see gasoline streaming out of the connection between the fuel line and the fuel filter in front of the gas tank. Did a temporary fix and got it to the dealer today. They added new gas line retainer clips. Apparently this is a known problem. It seems like it is one that could incinerate you given the right conditions. Check it out.

marinron
09-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Went I went to take my H2 out of our carport this weekend I noticed a faint gasoline odor. By the time I backed the truck out on to the street, I could smell raw gas. Looking under the mid-point of the frame on the drivers side, I could see gasoline streaming out of the connection between the fuel line and the fuel filter in front of the gas tank. Did a temporary fix and got it to the dealer today. They added new gas line retainer clips. Apparently this is a known problem. It seems like it is one that could incinerate you given the right conditions. Check it out.

Circuitguy
09-03-2003, 03:22 AM
I heard of this before but can't find the thread on the forum. I'm glad you caught it right away and that you are ok. That could have been a big problem for a smoker if you know what I mean. Did you take it to Team Hummer? Thats where I purchased my H2 three months ago. Best service I ever got from a auto dealer. Best BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX

marinron
09-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Bought my H2 from Putnam Hummer in Burlingame. Because of the nature of the problem, I took it to Team. Their service department was great as is Putnam's. Mercedes and BMW has nothing on Hummer with regard to service.