PDA

View Full Version : Radio Connections

Flubbie
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for the connections from the radio. otherwise I will need to take it out and perhaps somebody will already have done it. I would like to connect my IPOD to it or something else and I was wondering if there was a extra AUX input.

I know that there existe a connector for the IPOD but this is rather expensive and perhaps there is a other small connector on the radio that allows me to connect it.

My H2 is a 03 if that would make a diff in the radio connections.

Flubbie
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for the connections from the radio. otherwise I will need to take it out and perhaps somebody will already have done it. I would like to connect my IPOD to it or something else and I was wondering if there was a extra AUX input.

I know that there existe a connector for the IPOD but this is rather expensive and perhaps there is a other small connector on the radio that allows me to connect it.

My H2 is a 03 if that would make a diff in the radio connections.

PARAGON
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Nope, you have to buy the adapter. The H2 uses something like a computer network to attach and control things, so you will have to get the adapter to connect and for the radio to "recognize" your Ipod. It's not as simple as just plugging into something unless you want an FM modulator, in which case the sound will be dismal.

LoLo
07-20-2005, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
...unless you want an FM modulator, in which case the sound will be dismal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you don't want to do that... I tried that approach with XM and hated it! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif You won't be happy with the sound quality -- it is VERY "flat" through the XM modulator...