PDA

View Full Version : How many of you installed your own lift kits?

OrangeCrush
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
I've been turning wrenches since I was 18 (I'll be 43 in Dec)

I've been in the bodyshop business for over 20 years. I'm mechanically able to do about anything but I've never installed a liftkit on an H2.

Did any of you install your own lift and how hard was it?

The guy that was going to install my kit can't do it till next week and I thought since I have nothing to do this weekend,.....well.

Opinions?

Mark

OrangeCrush
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
I've been turning wrenches since I was 18 (I'll be 43 in Dec)

I've been in the bodyshop business for over 20 years. I'm mechanically able to do about anything but I've never installed a liftkit on an H2.

Did any of you install your own lift and how hard was it?

The guy that was going to install my kit can't do it till next week and I thought since I have nothing to do this weekend,.....well.

Opinions?

Mark

VTSTOMPER
10-28-2005, 02:14 AM
You sound like me. I would do it on my own...as long as I had a friend there to help me...then we could check each others work, and I could have help with the "two people" BS if there was any.

If you got the time, and the tools... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OrangeCrush
10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
I completely agree. First, it'll take 2 people to hold some of the stuff. My friend is a GM tech and he said he'll help me if I want.

Guess I'll be busy this weekend.

Mark

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
10-28-2005, 01:24 PM
you should be able to handle it.

JohnB.GWU.
10-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Orange -

Yea it shouldnt be that bad. If you have access to a lift it will be a lot easier, but keep in mind that you are simply unbolting and bolting new stuff on. I've seen people do a SAS on an Xterra in their driveway, so this really shouldnt be a problem. Keep in mind that H2 components are heavy, so you'll prob need a friend, if not wear a helmet.

VTSTOMPER
10-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Also, if you do it in a driveway (paved) put something under the jack and stands. They sink into hot asphalt...more so when it is hot. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif