PDA

View Full Version : Sat in one....

Ely
05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Alright so, I've had my Black on Black Lux on order for a few months now. I'm in Los Angeles, and we were originally supposed to recieve the first batch of H3's on Thursday the 19th. For some reason they delayed that until a week later on the 26th. That shipment never came becauase of "difficulties with the shipping company"--- Thats the story that i got from every dealership in cali that I have called to see whats up. Now they are saying that I can expect it this Wednesday or Thursday.

I ordered mine from Hummer in Thousand Oaks... and worked with a guy by the name of Chief-- really nice guy. Yesterday, however I was passing by Casa de Cadillac (Ventura and Beverly Glen) and in the wayyy back of th showroom I saw what looked like an H3. I was SHOCKED. I sped into the driveway and parked my car in the middle of the lot, next to all the cadi's and hummers on display... RAN into the building... and there it was... a Red H3. First of all... let me get all of you ready who havent seen one in person-- ITS TINY. That is not to say its not beautiful. But it is no longer a Hummer as far as size power and comfort is concerned... its a car. I sat inside... very pleased with the interior, and that is a lot coming from me... i drive a lexus right now. This car had had the ebony leather interior, and its not like that cheap interior in other GMs. As far as comfort, however, it kinda reminded me of sitting in like a Cherokee. The trunk space is great though. For those of you talking about 24's... dream on... it would look stupid, and make the already weak car... weaker. I put the key in the ignition just to rev up the engine and see how it sounds... once again it doesnt have that hummer sound... its more of a car. The sound system was pretty good... can definately use some subs.

From my report, it sounds like i am not satisfied with the car, but that is not the case. I love it... but there was really no point in telling you all the good... cuz we all know it.

By the way, that car was a "display only" car. not for sale... feel free to ask me any questions.

By the way, I plan on powder coating my rims and brushguard black... does anyone know someone who can do that for me around LA? I need the best possible price, and would like to have it done quickly... I can't wait to drive this car!

Cheers.

Ely
05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Alright so, I've had my Black on Black Lux on order for a few months now. I'm in Los Angeles, and we were originally supposed to recieve the first batch of H3's on Thursday the 19th. For some reason they delayed that until a week later on the 26th. That shipment never came becauase of "difficulties with the shipping company"--- Thats the story that i got from every dealership in cali that I have called to see whats up. Now they are saying that I can expect it this Wednesday or Thursday.

I ordered mine from Hummer in Thousand Oaks... and worked with a guy by the name of Chief-- really nice guy. Yesterday, however I was passing by Casa de Cadillac (Ventura and Beverly Glen) and in the wayyy back of th showroom I saw what looked like an H3. I was SHOCKED. I sped into the driveway and parked my car in the middle of the lot, next to all the cadi's and hummers on display... RAN into the building... and there it was... a Red H3. First of all... let me get all of you ready who havent seen one in person-- ITS TINY. That is not to say its not beautiful. But it is no longer a Hummer as far as size power and comfort is concerned... its a car. I sat inside... very pleased with the interior, and that is a lot coming from me... i drive a lexus right now. This car had had the ebony leather interior, and its not like that cheap interior in other GMs. As far as comfort, however, it kinda reminded me of sitting in like a Cherokee. The trunk space is great though. For those of you talking about 24's... dream on... it would look stupid, and make the already weak car... weaker. I put the key in the ignition just to rev up the engine and see how it sounds... once again it doesnt have that hummer sound... its more of a car. The sound system was pretty good... can definately use some subs.

From my report, it sounds like i am not satisfied with the car, but that is not the case. I love it... but there was really no point in telling you all the good... cuz we all know it.

By the way, that car was a "display only" car. not for sale... feel free to ask me any questions.

By the way, I plan on powder coating my rims and brushguard black... does anyone know someone who can do that for me around LA? I need the best possible price, and would like to have it done quickly... I can't wait to drive this car!

Cheers.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
If 24s are added, there is no way that the engine will be stock... Exaust, intake, chip, and supercharger when available.

Ely
05-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Of course... but then you're talking about a great deal of money... but who cares!?!?!? haha. I'm not into superchargers and that stuff... in the long run it ends up being such a problem.

killian
05-30-2005, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ely:
ITS TINY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tiny as compared to what? A Jeep Liberty?

killian
05-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Or Maybe a Toyota Highlander?

killian
05-30-2005, 06:07 PM
It's smaller that an H2 for sure and much smaller than an H1, of course. It's supposed to be smaller, it's a midsize not a full size.

I've had my H3 for 1 week today and I have about 1300 miles on it. After driving it that much I can safely say that I don't think it's tiny. I'd say it's just right. In fact, everyone that has seen it up close loves the size and says that they'd rather have the H3 than an H2, I count my self among those people.

People who see this vehicle recognize it for what it is. They like it, they respect it and they would love to have one.

My Lux H3 with the offroad package and the 33s is definitely not a car, It's every inch a Hummer.

(I'll get off my soap box now.)

H3 Buyer to be?
05-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I agree with Killian, Ely must have seen it sitting next to an H2 to think that. If you want something bigger, then step up to the plate full force with an H1.

It is the perfect size for someone like me, I NEVER haul anything, I don't have kids, I am big and want something bigger than a car, but I dont want to take out a loan to fill the tank! This will be a perfect match for me.

S2KtoH3
05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for those pics, Killian. I couldn't ask for a more perfect size SUV than the H3. I wanted an SUV that was capable of hauling me and my friends along with our gear up the mountain to go snowboarding. Additionally, the SUV had to be well capable to go off-roading so we could reach the hot springs at the bottom of the mountain. Until the H3, there was no other SUV out there that I would have considered in my price range. To be honest, even if I had the money for an H2, I'm sure I would have still gone for the H3. It has the perfect size, looks and performance.

angelus
05-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Tiny? It's bigger than any suv, except of course the H2 or H1. I've also sat in the exact same H3 in Sherman Oaks and I thought it was every bit Hummer. It was large in stature and the interior was more comfy than my Volvo XC90. I couldn't get out. Just sat in it playing with all the buttons. I for one can't wait til Wednesday when Sherman Oaks gets there first shipment and I finally get to test drive one while I wait 1 more week until mine is ready.

baby_hummer
05-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Nice Mac sticker on the back.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Nice catch, I love my Mac too...

Ely
05-30-2005, 09:41 PM
When I meant tiny... I didnt mean compared to an average car... A hummer is not meant to be an average car... I meant that when I was at the Hummer dealership, and all I saw were gigantic H1s and 2s... this thing was like a baby brother... I agree with all of you as far as rather driving this than an H2... I had my SUT on order until I heard about this thing... I can't wait any longer though... can i really count on getting my car this week?

I hope so.

By the way, I'm still looking for someone to powder coat my rims and brushguard when I get my car... let me know if any of you know someone