PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have installed the 2500 HD fans

rvs9
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I just want to make sure I understand what I need to do. Keep in mind that I have the Magnacharger. I guess this pertains to those who have dealt with Allen at Nelson Performance.

1) Pull ECM and send to Nelson Performance to be programmed to turn fans on/off

2) Order the harness from Allen for the fans

Am I missing anything? Also, did you guys (with the Magnacharger) have Allen do any programming for it?

rvs9
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I just want to make sure I understand what I need to do. Keep in mind that I have the Magnacharger. I guess this pertains to those who have dealt with Allen at Nelson Performance.

1) Pull ECM and send to Nelson Performance to be programmed to turn fans on/off

2) Order the harness from Allen for the fans

Am I missing anything? Also, did you guys (with the Magnacharger) have Allen do any programming for it?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-18-2005, 03:52 PM
rvs9 sorry I did not see this sooner.
But, basicly You are correct in Your assumptions.
You will need to of course call Allen and talk to Him for price and turn around time. He is a great guy and will do everything he can to help.
Harness does come from Him.
I have not talked to anyone about Allen doing the tune for the radix but, I do know one thing that if You ask Him and let Him do it You will be allot happier over the superchip Magnuson tune. The superchip leaves allot on the table but, so do the rest of th other programmers as they do not want You going out and blowing something up and then coming back on them.
I know if someone was going to tune MY girl except Me it would be Allen.
Give him a call and I think he has a form to answer questions on that directs Him as to what You want and he tunes it based on Your responses. If You get it back and put it in and find something not just to Your liking He will let you send it back and make adjustments. As i mentioned he is a great guy to want to be helpful. Anyone even a stock truck or MOMs grocery getter will be greatly improved by Allens tune on it. He can do many different things as take a stock setup completely and get You some back pressed into the seat performance or a tune that will help in MPG.
When I'm finished with MY program I will have 4 tunes to load when i want to.
1) stock
2)economy
3)mild and wild tune for everyday driving
4)Full race tune taking into account i will be spraying methanol into intake and CO2 into the aftercooler to keep all the temps down so i do not get detonation.
Well hope it helped get You going into the right direction. BUt, do contact Allen.

TAZ