PDA

View Full Version : How many here want to buy the first H3's or....

XM DUDE
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM
wait untill the Alpha H3 comes out?

XM DUDE
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM
wait untill the Alpha H3 comes out?

Kahloq
04-22-2005, 10:43 PM
The information I have regarding the H3 alpha is that it wont be available until 2007 and it will have a 3.7L engine(instead of 3.5L). Now, that 2007 could mean the 2007 model year, or 2007 in reality. The information is somewhat unclear but came from GM and was found on one of their forum sites, but I forget which one. There was no mention of a V8 and if I recall correctly when ir ead it, it stated no V8 is in the immediate future.

XM DUDE
04-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't think a V8 would fit in the baby HUMMER.

H3 Builder
04-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Not without engine compartment mods.

XM DUDE
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I was wondering if there are plans for a V6 in the Hummer H3, maybe an Alpha H3.

H3 Builder
04-25-2005, 12:10 AM
The V6 is on the way out in GM trucks. They say it is old technology and they can't make it any more efficent. I believe the next gen trucks will probably have the I6, as it will not fit the present ones. Also I have read on the Colorado and Canyon board, that the I5 will out run the V6 S-10.

XM DUDE
04-25-2005, 12:31 AM
really that's cool.
I find it interisting that Jeep is dumping the I6 and GM is improving it, hmmmmmm.

Kahloq
04-25-2005, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
The V6 is on the way out in GM trucks. They say it is old technology and they can't make it any more efficent. I believe the next gen trucks will probably have the I6, as it will not fit the present ones. Also I have read on the Colorado and Canyon board, that the I5 will out run the V6 S-10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only have to look at the stats to figure that one out. The I-5 is at 220 HP and the v6 in the S-10 is what 190?

XM DUDE
04-25-2005, 04:31 PM
that is pretty good output for a 5 cylinder, but I still wonder why they diden't just desigen it with a 6 cylinder?

H3 Builder
04-25-2005, 10:14 PM
The Colorado and Canyon motor compartment wasn't big enough and the H3 uses pretty close to the same compartment and this would require a lot more cost for the I6 and this wasn't cost effective.

XM DUDE
05-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Why do you think that it wasen't cost effective?
I bet if they wanted an I6, they could have desigened it with one in mind, I just wonder what there reasioning was.

funpilot
05-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I read that it was actually a simple answer. GMC senior management wanted to use the same engine and frame as the Colorado to keep those lines busy for union issues. GM is under going a lot of financial stress right now and all of their decisions are more complex than they otherwise might be.

XM DUDE
05-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I figured that was the case.

kjfswkr
05-02-2005, 12:00 PM
what is the Alpha H3?

Kevin

XM DUDE
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
it is an up comming H3.

H3wannabe
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kjfswkr:
what is the Alpha H3?

Kevin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.auto-report.net/index.html?hummer06.html

H3 Builder
05-06-2005, 02:00 AM
I think this was from Buisness week:

GM's Hummer H3 SUV, which comes out later this year. Designers wanted this
new, more compact Hummer to have the wide, aggressive stance that
distinguished its bigger siblings, the H1 and H2. But to make the
five-passenger truck cost-effective, GM trimmed its width by about six
inches. That way it could use the narrow truck platform that hosts the
Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon small pickups. The decision saved
engineering dollars and will help max out volume at the Shreveport (La.)
plant, which is struggling because the two trucks have missed volume
targets. But the pickup platform can't accommodate GM's vaunted I-6 truck
engine, and auto enthusiasts are already grousing that the H3 may turn out
to be underpowered. GM's Kowaleski responds that the H3 will have adequate power and increased
fuel mileage.

timgco
05-06-2005, 04:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
I think this was from Buisness week:

GM's Hummer H3 SUV, which comes out later this year. Designers wanted this
new, more compact Hummer to have the wide, aggressive stance that
distinguished its bigger siblings, the H1 and H2. But to make the
five-passenger truck cost-effective, GM trimmed its width by about six
inches. That way it could use the narrow truck platform that hosts the
Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon small pickups. The decision saved
engineering dollars and will help max out volume at the Shreveport (La.)
plant, which is struggling because the two trucks have missed volume
targets. But the pickup platform can't accommodate GM's vaunted I-6 truck
engine, and auto enthusiasts are already grousing that the H3 may turn out
to be underpowered. GM's Kowaleski responds that the H3 will have adequate power and increased
fuel mileage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
... and will be even better with a super charger, exhaust, and air intake.

usetosellhummer
05-06-2005, 06:36 PM
If you can take a ton of fun H2 up to 500hp with a supercharger, Just think what you can do with that little I-5