PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension Question

HeeHaw
11-17-2002, 03:34 PM
Has any one installed the Air Suspension or the On-Board Air Compressor after taking ownership?

I guess the only thing mine does not have is the Air Suspension. I love the thought of having the Air compressor on board to air up my float tubes when I go fly fishing. It has a spot for it in the right quarter panel. Any thoughts?

HeeHaw

HeeHaw
11-17-2002, 03:34 PM
Has any one installed the Air Suspension or the On-Board Air Compressor after taking ownership?

I guess the only thing mine does not have is the Air Suspension. I love the thought of having the Air compressor on board to air up my float tubes when I go fly fishing. It has a spot for it in the right quarter panel. Any thoughts?

HeeHaw

Vaka Humm
11-17-2002, 03:58 PM
When mine came in without the air suspention I asked them to install it, they said it was impossable. I would check with your dealer.

HeeHaw
11-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Has anyone installed just the air Compressor? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Hummie2
11-17-2002, 06:44 PM
I would think you could get a really good air compressor/ tire inflator for a whole lot less than what the factory air compressor would cost through a dealership parts dept.

Don

Texas Red
11-17-2002, 07:33 PM
The on-board compressor system is one feature of the air suspension package, the others being the self-leveling feature and the ability to hike the rear end for increased off-road departure angle.

One vehicle I was looking at didn't have that feature and my dealer said they could install it.

If all you want is the on-board air compressor, it's certainly cheaper to get that somewhwere else.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

HeeHaw
11-17-2002, 09:24 PM
That is all I want....the on-board compressor. Any ideas of where and what kind to get?? Any thoughts.

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Hummie2
11-17-2002, 10:46 PM
HEE HAW....
You might try www.northerntool.com (http://www.northerntool.com) & Search for item no. 160304. This is a 47cfh 275psi.12v. model $42.99 or no. 161880 rechargeable for $44.99 ( didn't state CFH). You can also call @800-556-7885 and request a master catalog. They have lots of ATV accessories, tools , winches, tow straps etc. You might try other outdoor cats. like Cabelas also. Get the most cfh you can get, it will make the job go faster. Wall Mart auto parts might have something too.

Don

HeeHaw
11-17-2002, 11:16 PM
Will try that and I looked up the item on the web and I think I can mount it where the factory one was supposed to go.

Thanks again

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif