PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

CbrRacer
05-03-2006, 08:01 PM
ive been stalking the boards for a while now. I hope to have an H3 within the next 6 months but i have some Q's:

1: seems like i read somewhere that the standard transmission will tow LESS! why is that?

2: i see most of you with the auto trans get 14-16 mpg average, what are the standards getting??

3: ive seen an extra button next to the trac control on some hummers (looks like a locking diff button??) does this come only on certain packages?

thanks for any replies

H3 Hummer
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
1: seems like i read somewhere that the standard transmission will tow LESS! why is that? Yes, tow less by the books maybe not reality. I think maybe because they don't want you to burn up your clutch or something.

2: i see most of you with the auto trans get 14-16 mpg average, what are the standards getting??

auto is around that range standard maybe 1-2 MPG's better. Probably really depends on how you drive though.

3: ive seen an extra button next to the trac control on some hummers (looks like a locking diff button??) does this come only on certain packages? Yes, rear locker button (for hard core off roading) only on the Adventure Package. Which you for sure should get.

f5fstop
05-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Aisen trans is not strong enough to tow a large load. 4L70E auto is a very strong trans.