PDA

View Full Version : New Brushguard is on!

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Well It is finally on the my Red H2.. The Realwheel brush guard went on fairl easy with only one hitch.. The instructions say 30-45 minutes with two people.. It took me about two hours by myself. The biggest time was in getting the upper braces lined up. If I had a second person to push a bit while I ran the bolt in. Only hickup was that one of the lower bolts wouldn't go in because the hole in the H2 was stripped.

This is a great product. Fit and finsh is one of the best I have seen in years off tricking out trucks and SUV's.. Will try to post pics.. Today is a cold rainey suck ass day.. We have 15" of standing water down at the end of our Drive and the back creek is over the bank by 100 ft.

At least it ain't snow. ( but again some of you crazy bastards love the deep snow).

Mike

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Well It is finally on the my Red H2.. The Realwheel brush guard went on fairl easy with only one hitch.. The instructions say 30-45 minutes with two people.. It took me about two hours by myself. The biggest time was in getting the upper braces lined up. If I had a second person to push a bit while I ran the bolt in. Only hickup was that one of the lower bolts wouldn't go in because the hole in the H2 was stripped.

This is a great product. Fit and finsh is one of the best I have seen in years off tricking out trucks and SUV's.. Will try to post pics.. Today is a cold rainey suck ass day.. We have 15" of standing water down at the end of our Drive and the back creek is over the bank by 100 ft.

At least it ain't snow. ( but again some of you crazy bastards love the deep snow).

Mike

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Another view.. Thought I had them all together.

Mike

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
2nd Pix

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 10:21 PM
3rd and lst pix to bore you with.. Just happy as hell after waiting three weeks.. I did the install myself rather then one of my guys.. Wanting to see if the average person could do it.. Believe me when it comes to mech. stuff I am below average..

Spike
01-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Mike,
Man that thing is BIG! Does it use the factory mounts? Does it feel sturdy? Also, how are the Helo Maxx 8's holding up?

S&B Member

frank6150
01-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Yes I agree that thing is giant, looks like you could take a semi head on and drive home laughing. Looks good, excellent work doing it yourself!

S&B Member since '03

Centerfire
01-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Not sure exactly how factory mounts, however the Realwheel mounts in three spots. There are four bolt holes under the small front black grill.. You then open the hood and replace top hinge bolts on both sides. ALso you replace the blk plastic hood handles with heavy and I mean heavy duty Billet handles. You attach the brushguard to the handles.. I think these are just for added alignment.. As far as strength goes.. I didn't stand on it but I put all my weight into it and on top of it.whle installing. No flex.. It appears to be one tough well made product.. I hope I never find out how it works as a deer catcher.. The big catcher on my Sub has been tested and passed.

Helo Maxx this will be their 1st winter.. I never have wheels look good more then a year.. I do not take very good care of them..

Mike

cinci
01-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Mike,

Details please. Where did you get it? Was it a good deal? Does it tilt with the hood? Does it come in black?

P.S. It looks great!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
David
Black H2

DRTYFN
01-05-2004, 06:18 AM
Uhmmm... you posted two of the same picture.
What was the third one of?

S&B Member since '03

Big Z
01-05-2004, 12:10 PM
The Chrome just looks out of place on the red. I think it would look great if the Grill, brushguard, and nerfs were black. JMHO! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Centerfire
01-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Yes it tilts with the hood. I ordered it directly from Realwheels. POPGUNS is now set up as a dealer with them... Yes they come in black.. Jan from Realwheels called while I was posting this to do a follow up... A I understand it mine was one of the 1st units out the door.... So far the service is as excellant as the product.

Big Z.. I know what you mean, I went back and forth between SS and color key all accessories. My Suburban is that way as most of all my previous vec.. The H2 just looks better to me with some SS on it..

Drtyfn: Damn Damn Damn oh well the other one wasn't any better.. If anybody wants more I will go out and take a couple. Mike

Dick Renaud
01-05-2004, 03:45 PM
That is an awsome look. I am thinking of ordering the double tier wrap brushgard, in black from Realwheels. It looks more solid than the factory wrap. I mostly want it to hang lights. I have only hit one deer in all my years on the road. That was in 1971 while responding to a bank alarm with a patrol car. That is the worst, cause you don't live it down for years.

alecs wife
01-05-2004, 07:34 PM
I just have one question.. Will that brushguard ever see or feel brush?

R2

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2

Centerfire
01-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Already has.. I had to pull my son out of the back pasture. He got his pickup hungup while trying to get to dumpster that I have for the construction crap of my barn.. So yes it has seen brush, mud, 1ft of water, really- really small , a quail and a dirty wet Neuf. But ain't no way in hell I'm doing what some of the crazy guys on here do.. That is what my rail or beat to hell $250.00 jeep is for.. Besides never was one for off roading.. I bought mine because I wanted a quality ride and not get stuck in the snow.. Yep any other SUV would most likely do as well. But not with as much coolness. So you hardline off roaders please don't hate me.

Mike

Mike

noc
01-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Mike,

Are those the Manik Side Steps and rockers?

RIC-H0
01-06-2004, 02:50 AM
I don't think your Gobi Rack Matches the other chrome parts, So I will gladly take it off of your hands.I will of course pay for the shipping.It's the least I could do for you! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ric-H2

Centerfire
01-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Yes they are manik side steps
Ric-H2: I have to agree it doesn't quite match.. However Realwheels or Gobi do not have their SS models ready yet.. When they come out I will replace and pu the std unit in the store and mark it down to around $1800. plus shipping.
Of course then I wouild have to trade out the black ladder too!
Mike