PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting Question

PHATBOYPIMP
05-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I searched the archives, but wasn't able to find any discussions regarding window tinting. I have a 2006 White H2 and wanted to get the driver and passenger windows tinted, and would prefer to darken the rest of the windows in my truck.

Looking at the stock tinting, I imagine it will be difficult to match the stock tint with an after market tint. Has anyone been able to match the stock tint?

I was curious if there was a tinting film applied to these windows at the factory, or if these are actually tinted glass.

I also wanted to see if anyone has had experience tinting their windows darker than stock and how they went about it.

I appreciate your help.

CO Hummer
05-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I searched the archives, but wasn't able to find any discussions regarding window tinting.

Ummm. Did you search on the word "tint"?

I find about 12,347 posts about window tint.

Example: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7415&highlight=tint

KenP
05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Ummm. Did you search on the word "tint"?

I find about 12,347 posts about window tint.

Example: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7415&highlight=tint:D

Phatty, you can tint over the stock tint. Limo in the front and a layer of dark - limo over the factory tint.

Boss Hoss
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Besides the windshield and the front two windows, H2's come with 18+/-% tint. Slap 20% on your front two windows(it will actually be darker than 20% as the glass is already tinted to a degree) and a strip for your front windshield and call it a day. To me the truck is too big to put 5% all the way around as it drasticly decreases vision at night. With the factory tinted glass and 20% film on the sides my visibility is excellent but you cannot see inside. This coming from an individual who has had 5% on my last 4 vehicles.

Also, the 20% film matches up perfectly with the factory tinted glass.

PHATBOYPIMP
05-16-2006, 10:45 PM
CO, my apologies, I searched on the old forum before moving to new forum. No results.

I appreciate everyone's input, thanks for the help.