PDA

View Full Version : In-Dash Eclipse avn6600 brake bypass

gcraybas
05-17-2006, 03:09 AM
I am thinking of installing this unit. If I understand correctly, the DVD will not play while moving? Is there a bypass to allow passengers to watch movie. The NAV will not allow any inputs while driving also. If this is true, this sucks! One of the reasons is to entertain others while driving, not the driver

MovinH2
05-17-2006, 03:23 AM
I think a read a simple ground will bypass it. Just remember not to watch while driving.

HummBob
05-17-2006, 03:23 AM
I have the AVN2454, and I know on mine the installer by-passed the "brake thing" and now EVERTYTHING works while I drive. :D

kodiakz
05-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Ground the brake wire through a toggle switch. Done. PM me if you are still looking to purchase a unit and I will give you the 'forum special' ;)

Adam in CO
05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I can apply the parking brake just enough to turn on the light and fully operate the unit without actually applying any pressure on the brake itself. As far as the NAV ops go, just make all your programs and it will allow you to shortcut without the PB bypass.

Rick
06-26-2006, 01:00 AM
I can apply the parking brake just enough to turn on the light and fully operate the unit without actually applying any pressure on the brake itself. As far as the NAV ops go, just make all your programs and it will allow you to shortcut without the PB bypass.

Adam... You make make your own programs for the nav system? I have searched all over for a KIWI editor and coun't find anything. I also tried a HEX editor but couldn't make it work!