PDA

View Full Version : Water woes

H2Singh
05-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Yesterday we had some real bad rains here in South Florida. The ride home afterwork was horrible. Severe traffic due to flooding on many streets. I loved having the Hummer as I was able to cut through the flooded streets with ease. However I noticed all my carpets are soaked and I had the truck detailed today and it still smells that stale wet stink. Prior to this I noticed when I went through a touchless carwash that water came in from the doors into the sills only and a little through the sunroof.

Does the H2 generally have a problem with water leaking in like I described or is there something I can do about it under warranty? Or should I not even bother and just live with the fact that my less than one year old H2 is not water tight.

It was primarily because of the bad flooding that happens this time of year, why I bought my H2, amongst many other reasons of course.

RIC-H0
05-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Yesterday we had some real bad rains here in South Florida. The ride home afterwork was horrible. Severe traffic due to flooding on many streets. I loved having the Hummer as I was able to cut through the flooded streets with ease. However I noticed all my carpets are soaked and I had the truck detailed today and it still smells that stale wet stink. Prior to this I noticed when I went through a touchless carwash that water came in from the doors into the sills only and a little through the sunroof.

Does the H2 generally have a problem with water leaking in like I described or is there something I can do about it under warranty? Or should I not even bother and just live with the fact that my less than one year old H2 is not water tight.

It was primarily because of the bad flooding that happens this time of year, why I bought my H2, amongst many other reasons of course.
I would recommend you do a search on this site under "Leaks" or "Water Leaks" or such.

DDWH
05-17-2006, 05:16 AM
If its still under warranty then take it to the dealer and have it fixed! Mine does the same thing and they are replacing all the gaskets on the roof lights.