PDA

View Full Version : Nemacolin PA Hummer Test Track

mikejr
05-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Has anyone been on the hummer test track at Nemacolin yet? The dealership where I bought the H2 rents this out once a year for their customers to play. Was wondering what it was like down there.

Hi-Mobility
05-18-2006, 02:31 AM
It's a very cool concept. The resort is extremely expensive however. The trails are short and semi challenging for a moderate driver. Experienced drivers will find it fun once, then it gets old. Newbie drivers will absolutely love it.

h2co-pilot
05-18-2006, 04:37 AM
They have a lot of kewl stuff there, I read about it and wanted to go early last year. They have paintball, golf, riflery, chocolate, culinary classes, a killer spa and the little hummer courses. If anyone plans on going lemme know please. I won't wheel but I will prolly take some massages after a paintball war.:D:D

http://www.nemacolin.com/index.asp

HummerNewbie
05-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I won't wheel...

Are you banned from breaking, I mean wheeling Big Nasty :confused: :D ;)

mikejr
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
I know I am going to take flak on this, but I am really not interested in getting my truck into a situation where I am going to damage/scratch the paint or bang it up...i know...what did I buy a hummer for....if i did participate in the Nemacolin thing, is it something that i run the risk of damage or is it fairly safe?

Hummer Guy
05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I worked there for a summer. There's about 14 miles of trails, and there's certain places that are more challenging than others. If you're looking for a challenge, you can get the H2 out on the "H1 - Only" parts (if they'll let you). And if you're in your own vehicle, they're more apt to letting you push the truck a little harder than their own.

Mr. I - Man
05-18-2006, 05:10 PM
:confused: :confused: riflery:confused: :confused:

What the hell is that?

:D

RIC-H0
05-18-2006, 05:15 PM

What the hell is that?

Anything like Wifery?:D

Hummer Guy
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I know I am going to take flak on this, but I am really not interested in getting my truck into a situation where I am going to damage/scratch the paint or bang it up...i know...what did I buy a hummer for....if i did participate in the Nemacolin thing, is it something that i run the risk of damage or is it fairly safe?

You're pretty safe -- they're good about clearing the paths out so branches don't snag and scratch...

Hummer Guy
05-18-2006, 06:22 PM

What the hell is that?

:D

I didn't know they had that -- it could be new. But they do have a Shooting Academy that has a ton of awesome stands for skeet shooting...

h2co-pilot
05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I just call it riflery. Anything to do with shooting for sport that doesn't include bloodshed. Leave me alone.:( :D

I said I prolly won't wheel because I am picturing waivers, rules and log obstacles. Kinda like a HH.

h2co-pilot
05-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I checked it and it was a fine word - doody heads.:p

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=riflery

Mr. I - Man
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I think marksmanship is the word you seek, range time and target shooting also work. Sporting clays is a good one too.:D

RIC-H0
05-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I checked it and it was a fine word - doody heads.:p

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=riflery
Riflery is a very fine word...
Just an opportunity to jest!:D:p

Extractor
05-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Which dealer did you get your new Hummer from? Wright's or Cochran's? Maybe I'll catch you there for the next outing.

BTW The Shooting Academy is a sporting clays facility rivalling anything in the US. Joe Hardy knows how to spend $!

Hummer Guy
05-19-2006, 03:13 AM
BTW The Shooting Academy is a sporting clays facility rivalling anything in the US. Joe Hardy knows how to spend $!

The GM at #1 Cochran is really nice...and you're right about Mr. Hardy -- anyone w/ enough money to buy a performance from Hillary Duff for his daughter's 8th birthday party, on top of the carnival rides, etc, must not have it too rough..

KenP
05-19-2006, 05:27 AM
They have a lot of kewl stuff there, I read about it and wanted to go early last year. They have paintball, golf, riflery, chocolate, culinary classes, a killer spa and the little hummer courses. If anyone plans on going lemme know please. I won't wheel but I will prolly take some massages after a paintball war.:D:D

http://www.nemacolin.com/index.asp
If we can get a group to go, we're in. It's been talked about in the past, but nothing has come to fruition.

mikejr
05-19-2006, 01:50 PM
I bought mine over at Wright in Wexford, they were nice to deal with. Said they would be sending me an invite for the next outing down there...Where is everyone from? New Kensington here....

Hummer Guy
05-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Born/Raised: Mishawaka, IN -- Reside: Dallas, TX (unfortunately, too far from any good offroading)

Extractor
05-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Mikejr, I've bought all mine at Wright's. They deal a ton better than the other place in W PA. I've been to a couple of their outings but not too the Nemacolin one yet. They had it in Sept last year I think. I'm in DuBois (pronounced like Michael Jackson lives here!) I'll keep an eye out for you at the outings. Joe

mikejr
05-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Been to Dubois many times, my parents now live up in Sigel PA so Dubois isnt but a short trip across I80. I think I'll be check out the Wright functions as they come up. I didnt care for the people over at the "other" hummer deal in Western PA either, its alot closer for me, but always got a cold feeling there from the sales staff. I liked dealing with Wright. I'd deal there again. What are you driving now?

CslRkH2
05-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Are there any pictures of the track?

Extractor
05-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Mikejr, I had an 03 black, had a mental lapse and went to an 05 phewturd for a while and now I'm in an 06 completely black(not including the girl in the back!) I won't buy another from Wright's though, I don't care for how they treat me and my family, but I have to be nice so I still have a service dept.!

RIC-H0
05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Mikejr, I had an 03 black, had a mental lapse and went to an 05 phewturd for a while and now I'm in an 06 completely black(not including the girl in the back!) I won't buy another from Wright's though, I don't care for how they treat me and my family, but I have to be nice so I still have a service dept.!
I guess what they say it True!!!
Once you go Black...:D

89vette
05-23-2006, 02:24 AM
I went on 2 Hummer trips at Nemacolin. First class resort. If you are staying over, I highly recommend staying at Falling Rock near the golf course. The trails are OK but not what I'd call the stuff I see done in MOAB. It is a lot muddier out here also which makes for sliding and stuff. The last trip I was on up there it snowed over 12" while we were wheeling. That was an experience. I took a nick out of my rim and banged up the underside a little. One guy fell through the ice into a mud bog and slammed a buried log breaking his tie rod. They do do a good job of clearing branches. I call it off roading country club style. Before you get back to the room, you can call your personal butler and ask her to draw you a bath! BTW, I live in Murrysville and bought 2 Hummers from #1 Cochran. I deal with the GM there also. Great guy.

Hummer Guy
05-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Falling Rock is a first class place to stay -- except when they built it they took out some good trails. :)

mikejr
05-26-2006, 01:14 AM
89vette....just over the hill from me. I went to cochran, but was really turned off by the salesman there. He was all high pressure, evasive with numbers and not how I expect to be treated. But to each his own. I have my own style when selling homes, I own a real estate company here in Lower Burrell. Perhaps if I had a referral from a person on this site that worked with cochran in the past i would have gotten better treatment there than me just walking in. Next time I am in the mood to buy another H2, I'll hit you up for a referral to see if it works better. I just took it for a trip to Greenbrier in west virginia for a convention, I got 12.7 MPG on the trip and was hauling ass between 75 and 85 up and down the mountains...and people say we have gas hogs!

31_bandits
05-26-2006, 05:56 AM

At the site, it mentions that you can rent one of their hummers, or take your own. the fee is a bit higher for using their trucks, but the risk to yours is then zero.