PDA

View Full Version : Bulb replacement in rear bumper [how do I do it?]

GeorgeSSSS
05-27-2006, 11:56 PM
The lower brake light bulb [the one in the rear bumper] is burned out. How do I replace it without disassembling the entire truck?

Dumb question, but it's easier to ask my friends here than struggle with it.

Thanks in advance,

George SSSS

GeorgeSSSS
05-31-2006, 06:53 AM
C'mon. Someone's got to know.

GeorgeSSSS
06-02-2006, 04:42 AM
Bump.
One last try.

DDWH
06-02-2006, 05:13 AM
I have never crawled under an 05 to see. I would think it would be somewhat easy though? If still under warranty let the dealer do it:D

If I get some time tomorrow I will run by my friends and check hers out.

Motohead
06-02-2006, 05:44 AM
just reach you hand up between the gap in the rear wheel liner and the bumper on the bottom. Turn the bulb counter clockwise and it will pop right out.

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 12:41 AM
just reach you hand up between the gap in the rear wheel liner and the bumper on the bottom. Turn the bulb counter clockwise and it will pop right out.
Thanks Moto. Sometimes the obvious isn't.
Seven years of University apparently didn't prepare me for the real world.

George SSSS

Motohead
06-08-2006, 06:39 AM
See, and I never went to college... ;)

kacyk
01-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I just replaced a bulb (driver side bumper). It's helps if you remove the three tabs that hold in the plastic lining. There's one under the bumper cover and two directly behind the bumper facing the tire.

If you have Popeye arms you may want to remove the tire so the plastic lining pulls back all the way. Otherwise, have fun reaching in and feeling your way around.

Twist counter clockwise to release the bulb.

The_Yeti
01-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Hmmmm I thought the rear lower lights were made for a flathead screwdriver to pop in one side to get them out?

kacyk
02-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Hmmmm I thought the rear lower lights were made for a flathead screwdriver to pop in one side to get them out?

Serious? That would have been a ton easier! But I won't try that unless someone else confirms. I'd hate to brake anything.

The_Yeti
02-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Confirmed! I swapped mine out today with some led. You need a flathead screwdriver. Insert at top of lens. There's a tab there holding it in. Still going to be easier to crawl under to swap out the bulb though.