PDA

View Full Version : Wheel / Tire Sizes

atit2d
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm looking at adding a little bling and have decided to go with 22's. Problem is, I don't like the illusion of more wheel well showing because of the smaller sidewall of the 325/50/22's. I don't want a 'street look' to the tires and I've seen Nitto Grapplers in 325/55/22, but no one seems to have them.

Anyone know of another tire that'll work without a lift kit?

I've also considered going with 24's if I can get the right tire size to fit my wants.

I know there are a lot of anti-blingers here, but the bling is gonna happen, like it or not. Any suggestions fot tire/wheel combos? Pics would help a bunch too.

Thanks!

H2 Ranger
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Start with the sponsor of the forum for the grapplers. You can visit the Blingers Unite thread and find some ideas there or use the search button. The selection is endless. If it were me I would do a Tire size / Gear ratio calculation to assist your ideas for a good match. Some tire sizes can affect speedometer, performance, etc as well as you having clearance issues. There are many threads available on this subject. FWIW Bling for some here is a dirty word, but I like it.

Adam in CO
05-31-2006, 02:27 PM

You shouldn't have a problem. Many of us have switched from the 315s to 37" tires with no lift and no problems.

hummer74
05-31-2006, 04:45 PM
hey adam, what size exactly are your rims and tires in that pic. and did you have to trim or adjust torsion bars or anything? also, what brand tires are those? thanks mang!

MarineHawk
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm looking at adding a little bling and have decided to go with 22's. Problem is, I don't like the illusion of more wheel well showing because of the smaller sidewall of the 325/50/22's. I don't want a 'street look' to the tires and I've seen Nitto Grapplers in 325/55/22, but no one seems to have them.

I've also considered going with 24's if I can get the right tire size to fit my wants.

I know there are a lot of anti-blingers here, but the bling is gonna happen, like it or not. Any suggestions fot tire/wheel combos? Pics would help a bunch too.

Thanks!

Three of the five H2s in this thread have 37" tires with no lift:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17132

OldHiker's (w/ blue tape) and Larson's (tan with black shields - no cables) both have BFG MTs.
Mine (Black) has Cooper STTs.

4rnRootsH2SUT
05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I've got 24" Echelon's with a 37x13.5 Toyo M/T.. amazing looking tire... no rubbing issues as yet...