PDA

View Full Version : Reclining second row seats hardware

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 03:15 AM
Friends:

About 11 months ago I posted some pictures of hardware I got from Japan that lets me recline the second row seats of my 2005 H2 through 6 positons of tilt until they touch the bins in the cargo area. I'm posting the info and photos again here for anyone that is interested. Here's the text from my earlier post:

1. Our goal was to have the seats recline enough for people to sleep while we are driving (not for
the cushions to lie flat). The hardware does exactly that. The stock H2 seats cannot recline
further than the leading edge of the bins in the cargo area. The hardware stops the seat just
before it touches the bin. If you want to recline the left row seat, you'll need to relocate
the tire jack.

2. The little lever on the floor controls the seats through 5 or 6 positions of reclining.
The seats are spring loaded so they return to the upright position if you move the lever and
lean forward. The seatbacks fold flat for cargo storage exactly the way they do from the factory.

3. To my eye, the hardware is very strong and well manufactured. I was surprised how large and
heavy it is. It came shipped in a sturdy cardboard box packed with excelsior. The box and
contents arrived in perfect shape.

4. Full disclosure: The manufacturer shipped me the hardware on approval from Japan because I
was his first U.S. customer. When I told him it was perfect, he refused to let me pay because I
was the first person willing to take a chance on his product in the U.S.

Now, 11 months later, the reclining hardware has never malfunctioned. The quality is very good; the brackets are stronger than the originals from GM.

If you want to order them, here's the link:

http://www.fukushin-ind.com/hummer_rk-eng.html

Best regards,

George SSSS

PS: In the course of putting up this info, the old post got bumped up. It's right behind this one. If Jason can delete it, I'd be grateful.

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Right rear seat

31_bandits
06-03-2006, 03:29 AM
George, you are my personal hero.

I went today to a local machine shop to have parts made for lord knows how much $$$... and who knows what i'd get. I am very glad to find something that will work & work well.

thanks thanks thanks

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Left rear seat

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Control lever

GeorgeSSSS
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Here's some additional info from HumDingah posted on 6/2/06 in another thread on this subject (don't ask why there are two threads other than I messed up a bit):

I've got to concur with GeorgeSSSS...I just installed the set that I got from NJ H2 and they are top-notch pieces. The hardest part of the entire install was yanking out the seats (definitely easier as a two person job) and getting to the top bolts on the seat frame where the hinges mount. Anyone who can follow directions and is relatively handle can pull off the swap in a few hours (I took my time and touched up the paint on my seat frames and I'm pretty anal about things and it only took me a total of about four hours). One caveat is you'll definitely need a deep 18mm socket...my four hours included a trip to Autozone on a Sunday to grab one. Just as an aside the seat frame to floor mount nuts (18mm's) are torqued to 41 lb.-ft. per the Hummer service manual and the actual hinge bolts are torqued to 33 lb.-ft.

Dan
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=249882)

Nixxxster
06-04-2006, 01:04 AM
I also bought a set from NJ H2, and it works like a charm. Very well made and strong had it for about 6 month with no problem. You can install it alone like me but better to have a second person to help (couldn't wait)
:p