PDA

View Full Version : Hummer 3 at NY Auto Show

funpilot
03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Saw several last night. IMHO they look better than the pics. I sat for a while to watch the crowd reaction. Definitely the H2 and H3 are attracting two different buyers but I do concur with another comment I read on this board that the H3 success will only add to the H2 mistique. Clearly the H3 drew the curious but most migrated to the H2. So, I do not believe that the H3 will in and of itself depress H2 resale prices. However, the H3 should sell well judging by the comments I heard. Most said they would buy it over a similar SUV not over the H2.

funpilot
03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Saw several last night. IMHO they look better than the pics. I sat for a while to watch the crowd reaction. Definitely the H2 and H3 are attracting two different buyers but I do concur with another comment I read on this board that the H3 success will only add to the H2 mistique. Clearly the H3 drew the curious but most migrated to the H2. So, I do not believe that the H3 will in and of itself depress H2 resale prices. However, the H3 should sell well judging by the comments I heard. Most said they would buy it over a similar SUV not over the H2.

funpilot
03-29-2005, 09:46 AM
By the way: KenP, the dealer there said he would sell me the H3 for about $1500 less than Hall. $500 below MSRP and no silly dealer add ons for etched glass and paint sealant (another $1000). Can you talk to them and get them to be competitive? I would prefer to buy locally. But I work too hard for my money....

DRTYFN
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Where's the pics? What kind of reporter are you?

KenP
03-29-2005, 07:13 PM
If I call Chuck, he may well charge you extra! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll ring him for you.

http://motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_04_newyorkautoshow/index2.html

2005 Hummer H3

As the countdown continues till the Hummer range spawns a third, more affordable family member, the H3T concept truck continues its cross-country show tour with a stop in the Big Apple. A clear indication of the styling and proportions for the '05 production wagon, this pickup not only teases, but it tests the waters for an alternative body configuration. Riding on a 118.6-inch wheelbase and measuring 74.5 inches wide, the H3T embodies the classic Hummer proportions - wide stance, low roofline, and wheels at the corners. Pushed outward, the 34-inch tires and 11.5 inches of ground clearance give the H3T a staggering 51-degree approach angle and a 50-degree departure angle. With this concept, the cab and 5.5-foot bed are engineered as a single structure for rigidity. Power for this concept comes from a turbocharged Vortec 3500 I-5 engine producing 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. For those who want to extend the family range further, Little Tikes just announced it will soon offer kid-sized, 12-volt Hummer exclusively at Wal-Mart.

KenP
03-29-2005, 07:14 PM
These aren't from the show, but are pretty good offroad.
http://trucks.about.com/library/photo/bl_06_h3_gal01.htm

funpilot
03-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks KenP. Will be a good sign of how Hall does business for me.