PDA

View Full Version : Tellico in late July/early August?

HummerNewbie
06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Wanted to start a thread to see who would be interested in going to Tellico in SC sometime in late July or early August. Based on what we learned from the last trip I would recommend arriving on Saturday, wheeling on Sunday and Monday, then leaving Tuesday. We can also look at renting some cabins that are near the trails or possible staying at a hotel near the state line entrance to the area. Tellico is located in Nantahala National Forest just north of Murphy, North Carolina on the Tennessee/North Carolina line. All I can say about Tellico is it was my first trip wheeling and I had an absolute blast so hopefully we can get a good group for this trip.

A brief writeup I found:
The Upper Tellico OHV Area is famous for some of the best 4x4 trail riding in all of America. It has something to challenge off-roaders of all experience levels. Trail names like Guardrail, Helicopter Pad, Slick Rock and School Bus all conjure up visions of adventurous steep hills and adrenaline pumping fun. The Upper Tellico Off-Road Vehicle Area is near the western end of North Carolina at Allan Gap (2850 feet elevation) just south of the Tennessee border in the Natahala National Forest (http://www.greatcarolinaproperty.com/Outdoor-recreation/Nantahala-National-Forest.htm) . The closest town south is Murphy, North Carolina (http://www.greatcarolinaproperty.com/community/Murphy.htm) in Cherokee County. On the northwest end of this area is Tellico Plains Tennessee.

This high-elevation basin is formed by the Unicoi Mountains. Amid the high oaks and 8000 acres of rugged, steep terrain. lies the source of the Tellico River and its numerous feeder streams. The ORV area's vary in elevation from 2,500 feet on the Tellico River at the North Carolina-Tennessee border to nearly 4979 feet on Grassy Top Mountain. Eleven 4WD trails ranging from EASIEST to MOST DIFFICULT are clearly marked. Near stock Jeeps, SUVs and all-terrain four wheelers can have a great time on the easy to moderate trails. The harder stuff is usually pretty tough and it's quite common to see huge tires, custom stretched frames and high horsepower vehicles on these trails.

dеiтайожни
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Hmm...that's exactly around the time I'm moving! But I also need to go up north anyways sometime soon, tellico would make a good rest stop. ;) So after you all figure out an exact date I'll be able to decide.

alldunn
06-12-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm interested, keep me posted.

HummerNewbie
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I will try to keep everyone posted but check in here every once in a while. Dei, we can either caravan up or back depending on which leg of your trip it is.

JT
06-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Stay at Tellico Cabin Rentals www.tellicocabinrentals.com (http://www.tellicocabinrentals.com)

I think Ive had my last Tellico trip for a long time. Its Moab and Colorado trails for me now.

h2co-pilot
06-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Remember we said we would stay in those if we went again. Very close to the trails and really cute. The owners drove that sweet 4x4 golf cart looking thing. We could all stay together and play house.:)

HummerNewbie
06-14-2006, 01:59 PM
If they have a few cabins together that would be great. Rates aren't bad either. It would be great to save that 45 min drive in and out from the hotel. I know some people that were headed up there this past weekend and stayed near the state line entrance. Will have to see what they thought of the hotel and if they know of any cabins around there.

HummerNewbie
06-14-2006, 02:01 PM
The owners drove that sweet 4x4 golf cart looking thing.

That thing was pretty cool :)

We could all stay together and play house.:)

I get the top bunk :D

h2co-pilot
06-14-2006, 04:19 PM
I get the top bunk :D

That's okay, warm air rises and payback is a bitch.;);):D

HummerNewbie
06-14-2006, 05:46 PM
That's okay, warm air rises and payback is a bitch.;)

OMG!...ROFLMFAO! :D :D :D :D

HummerNewbie
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
So what does everyone think of July 29th-31st or Aug 5th-7th?

JT
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
The Grand Cherokee, The ATV den, and Lock-em Inn are all on the same property....very close to each other. I stay at the Tipton Creek Ranch, but its tight for even 4 jeeps and its a LONG way to anything but trails.(1.5hrs to anything) Plus its more expensive than most of the other places.

alldunn
06-18-2006, 02:57 PM
So what does everyone think of July 29th-31st or Aug 5th-7th?

The August dates may work better for us.

HummerNewbie
06-19-2006, 03:35 AM
The August dates may work better for us.

It is looking like they will work better for me to.

HIHUMMER
06-19-2006, 04:04 AM
Let's go with Aug 5th weekend. Seems to be the census. Colin also said that weekend was great for him.
Now....where shall we stay? Colin said that "Crawford Campground" is fun?? Personally, I'd rather have a cabin than camping...but that's just me. :)

HummerNewbie
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
August 5th-7th it is. I love camping but not in August so I think finding some cabins together would be great. Basically anything closer to the trail head than Murphy would be good.

HI, can Colin make it for Sunday/Monday wheeling or just over the weekend?

HIHUMMER
06-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I told Colin the dates and gave him the link to this thread. He didn't say no, so I assume he's cool w/ it. He is getting some info. on some cabins he said that is close to the first pay site. I'll let you know what he finds. :)

alldunn's chic
06-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey, what's wrong with a hotel???? Cabins may be ok.....As long as they are nice.

HIHUMMER
06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I think we were just trying to find some place closer to the actual trails. That 45min drive up and down the mountain to get into the city got old real fast. But I don't think a hotel has been completely ruled out. Guess we'll just see what the census is once we have a better idea of who all is coming. :)

HummerNewbie
06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I certainly am not ruling out a hotel though a group of cabins would be great. One major benefit of a hotel that I though of last night was internet, I mean "forum" access. Not sure if I can handle that many days away from it :p

I will have to check with the GF's sister and brother in-law, they stayed at the hotel right near the state line entrance a couple of weeks ago. That could be a great place to stay because if I recall it is within 5 minutes of the trail head of #6.

KenP
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
The hotel was NASTY, and that podunck village was no city.

Just take LOTS of beer and chewing tobacco and you're set!;)

HummerNewbie
06-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Just take LOTS of beer and chewing tobacco and you're set!;)

Back water town that doesn't sell beer but does sell liquor, WTF :confused: :rolleyes:

alldunn's chic
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Check out my avatar.......

HummerNewbie
06-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Check out my avatar.......

Is that going in the back window of the 2? :p

alldunn's chic
06-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't think that alldunn would go for that....but if I ever get a H2 then I would put it on mine.

alldunn
06-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Is that going in the back window of the 2? :p

NO:mad:

alldunn
06-22-2006, 01:14 AM
...but if I ever get a H2 then I would put it on mine.

:mad: :mad:

HummerNewbie
06-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Hey alldune, I think somebody has their eye on a nice B-Day or Christmas present :eek: :D

HummerNewbie
06-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Been checking around and not finding a lot of options closer to the trails. Anyone have any idea how close Tellico Plains TN is to Tellico OHV?

alldunn
06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Been checking around and not finding a lot of options closer to the trails. Anyone have any idea how close Tellico Plains TN is to Tellico OHV?

Looks like about an hour or so drive...

HummerNewbie
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks like about an hour or so drive...

Was hoping it was a little closer than Murphy. Bet the roads are better coming in that way though.

HummerNewbie
07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Since were are we are now a month away from this trip, it is time to hammer out the details on accommodations. Anyone got any suggestions, recommendations?

Alan06SUT
07-11-2006, 04:08 AM
I think we are going to go on August 5th and Camp out on the trails. If you guys stay in Murphy, We'll get together out on the trails in the mornings. We'll probably camp in the same spot and start from there each day. Anyone up for camping out??? It will be a bunch of drunk(not while trial runnig) middle twenty-early 30's guys, so if you want to join after that disclaimer, feel free!! I seroiusly doubt any of us will bwe able to get our significant others to go and camp in redneck heaven! So far its going to be my H2, my 75 K5 (now w/ a detroit rear locker and 4.56 gears), and a 79CJ which should be locked in the rear by then.

HIHUMMER
07-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Awesome!! I got Angry Iron to join us!!
http://www.angryiron.com/

he will be bringing another H1er along!!!!

Boss Hoss
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
So i guess August 5th it is? Ill probably come and bring a couple kids with me(5yrold boy and 7yr old boy). I think theyll have a great time...not so sure that i can talk the wifey into going this time--its a busy time of year for us and she hates leaving town.

HummerNewbie
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Sounds like things are shaping up. Think it is about time to start a PM so we can work everything out.

PARAGON
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Since were are we are now a month away from this trip, it is time to hammer out the details on accommodations. Anyone got any suggestions, recommendations?the Green Cove Motel is near the upper entrance. It sounds like it's a sh!thole of a hotel but couldn't be much worse than Murphy.

It's not far from the state line, I think.

Jesus Christ
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I will be there.

HummerNewbie
07-11-2006, 03:40 PM
the Green Cove Motel is near the upper entrance. It sounds like it's a sh!thole of a hotel but couldn't be much worse than Murphy.

It's not far from the state line, I think.

Thanks for the info. I had heard the name before but couldn't remember it. Will see what I can find on it. Even if it was as bad as Murphy, you don't have the 45 minute drive each way so it is actually better :p

HummerNewbie
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Based on this quote I just found it sounds like staying on the TN side would be better.

Full service motels (including telephones in each room) seemed to be available no closer than Madisonville on the Tennessee side and in Murphy in the North Carolina side. The road along the Tellico river on the Tennessee side is hard surfaced all the way to the entrance to the ORV area at the North Carolina border. So even though Murphy is closer, the drive from Tennessee may be faster. For those that can do without some of the services normally taken for granted in modern motels, the Green Cove Motel offers rooms only about 5 miles from the ORV area.

alldunn
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately it is looking like we will not be able to make it. The wifey is starting a new job this week and probably will not be able to get off those few days in August. I will let you guys know if things change, but otherwise have a safe trip and enjoy!:mad::D Keep me posted on any other upcoming trips!

HummerNewbie
07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
But you aren't starting a new job are you :p ;)

Will definitely keep you posted. Let us know if anything changes for this trip and congrats to the wifey :)

HIHUMMER
07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
FYI: This is coming w/ us to Tellico. :eek: :cool:
Say hello to the Berserker.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/Berserker.jpg

HummerNewbie
07-12-2006, 03:16 AM
Very cool! Never wheeled with a 1, looking forward to it.

Alan06SUT
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
FYI: This is coming w/ us to Tellico. :eek: :cool:
Say hello to the Berserker.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/Berserker.jpg

Holy Sh!t HI! That thing is mean! Is that your new toy? That should be some fun. Maybe it can make it through helicopter pad and guardrail. Cant wait to get up there...

Alan06SUT
07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Awesome!! I got Angry Iron to join us!!
http://www.angryiron.com/

he will be bringing another H1er along!!!!

Oh, I didnt read your earlier post.. Sean is very cool. I met him at a Hummer Happening in Atlanta. I thought that rig looked like something he would build! All the better. See you guys soon.

HummerNewbie
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Alan, where are you guys going to be camping?

Alan06SUT
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Alan, where are you guys going to be camping?

So far the plan is to camp redneck style near the trailheads...Remember where all of those flatbeds were, and we all wondered how the hell they got them back there; thats where I see us so we dont have to drive far to get back in there. Are you guys getting rooms? If not, lets redneck out! I'll bring the bumper dumper c'mon!

HIHUMMER
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
CAMP AT CRAWFORDS!!!!!!!!!! It's inbetween the trails and town. I've booked a cabin, and all the other cabins are available. You can also camp primal if you want. Also, Colin and his buddies will be camping there...looks like that's the place to be. AND...they have a rock garden we can play on and a welding shop in case the K5 breaks something! :D

www.crawfordsattellico.com (http://www.crawfordsattellico.com)

PM coming soon!!!

HummerNewbie
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Damn it HI, you posted all the good stuff I had for the PM :p ;)

I have to agree, looks like the place to be. Also, you are not allowed to have alcohol in the forest so if you are camping at the trail head you will get ticketed if you are drinking. A guess the rangers are watching these days.

HummerNewbie
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Sounds like we have a couple of H1s coming from FL as well. If anyone that wants to go isn't on the PM list, let me know and I will add you.

HummerNewbie
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Talked to one of the guys bringing a couple of H1s last night and he is staying at Crawford's too. Sounds like it is going to be the place to be :)

Alan06SUT
07-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Sound like I need to get on the horn to crawfords....Thanks cant wait.

HummerNewbie
07-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Getting closer and looks like we have a nice group of vehicles going. It anyone has not made their reservations and are staying at Crawford's with everyone else I think the cabins are running out so call right away.

HummerNewbie
07-24-2006, 02:38 PM
At this point I believe all the bigger cabins are taken and only the bunkies are left. If anyone is interested and is looking for a place to stay let me know, we might be able to find you some room in some of the cabins that are already reserved. Looks like some of the Off Camber guys are going to join us like MrLuckie. For those that don't know who he is, this guy made a bad, over crowd, day on the trails bearable by managing the traffic and got things moving again. All the Off Camber guys we met were great and I am hoping they can show us some great trails this time.

Boss Hoss
07-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Holy Sh!t HI! That thing is mean! Is that your new toy? That should be some fun. Maybe it can make it through helicopter pad and guardrail. Cant wait to get up there...

Good lord that thing looks nasty....looks like lower 2 material if you ask me.

HIHUMMER
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Good lord that thing looks nasty....looks like lower 2 material if you ask me.

Soooo? Does that mean you'll be there to see it?:confused: :p

Boss Hoss
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Soooo? Does that mean you'll be there to see it?:confused: :p

I really dont know. Im super busy at work and Lisa is as well....dont get me wrong, being busy is a blessing but i sure would like to make it. I was going to bring a couple boys with me and leave Lisa behind but they have school that Monday. Im trying to get Lisa to come with me now...well see.

PARAGON
07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
How many trucks are going to be there now?

I/we might need to go to north GA on some business and might try to get the truck ready by then for one day of wheeling.

MrLuckie
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
At this point I believe all the bigger cabins are taken and only the bunkies are left. If anyone is interested and is looking for a place to stay let me know, we might be able to find you some room in some of the cabins that are already reserved. Looks like some of the Off Camber guys are going to join us like MrLuckie. For those that don't know who he is, this guy made a bad, over crowd, day on the trails bearable by managing the traffic and got things moving again. All the Off Camber guys we met were great and I am hoping they can show us some great trails this time.

YUP ..... The Jeeps are coming ... The Jeeps are coming!!! :D

Looks like we will be up there the same weekend that you will be there. I know the last time you came it was a mad house.... It should not be anything like that now. If you do not have anyone to help lead you around please contact me and let me know how we can help. There will be several ride groups in our club as well (some going up Guardrail, School Bus, Slick Rock, and the normal 4,5,and 6 trails.). We normally ride on Saturdays .... Sundays you might find a few straglers around.

Crawfords Campground is a good place to stay and is about 20 mins from the trail head. There is a nice Bathhouse there for the primitive campers and there is a nice Rock Garden there to play on later in the evenings when the drinking starts!:p I think that some of you already have the cabins .... There nice too!

I hope to see you guys there.... If anyone that has not run a harder trail and is looking to maybe ride co-pilot with a redneck with a skull full of redbull and beef jerky please let mw know. I know some of you might not want to ride on Sunday do to too busy.

Thanks and ..... Keep the Shiney side UP!!

Matt

HummerNewbie
07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
YUP ..... The Jeeps are coming ... The Jeeps are coming!!! :D

Now that's funny right there :D

Good to hear from you Matt. In case you don't recall, I was the H3 covered in blue tape :p

Did I hear some place that you guys will be staying at Crawford's that weekend too? If so, I think our group has all the cabins so come by, we will be in the big one. We will be cooking out on Sunday and Monday if you are still around other wise, we will be there Saturday night for a few beers. I should be there by mid afternoon on Saturday and I know some of the H1 guys should be there buy then as well.

HummerNewbie
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I really dont know. Im super busy at work and Lisa is as well....dont get me wrong, being busy is a blessing but i sure would like to make it. I was going to bring a couple boys with me and leave Lisa behind but they have school that Monday. Im trying to get Lisa to come with me now...well see.

Hope you can work it out and we get to see you and Lisa next weekend. You have my number if you have any questions.

HummerNewbie
07-26-2006, 05:53 PM

I/we might need to go to north GA on some business and might try to get the truck ready by then for one day of wheeling.

That would be cool if you and the family could make it for at least one day. Right now it looks like there are 4 H1s, 2 H2s, 3 H3s as well as a few Jeeps and Toyotas. There are a few other 2s and 3s that are on the fence about whether they can make it or not. Colin who lead us on Sunday last time is joining us this time so between him, Matt and the other Off Camber guys we should be set trail guide wise.

HIHUMMER
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM

Very cool Paragon. Let us know.:)

PARAGON
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
That would be cool if you and the family could make it for at least one day. Right now it looks like there are 4 H1s, 2 H2s, 3 H3s as well as a few Jeeps and Toyotas. There are a few other 2s and 3s that are on the fence about whether they can make it or not. Colin who lead us on Sunday last time is joining us this time so between him, Matt and the other Off Camber guys we should be set trail guide wise.Well, if Colin's going to be there, we'd have to try peckerwood too.

I really would want to try guardrail, slick rock and peckerwood on my next trip there. So I have to have my truck in order.... right now it's not.

DennisAJC
07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
So I have to have my truck in order.... right now it's not.

Make sure you take your watch off this time.:D

DRTYFN
07-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Make sure you take your watch off this time.:D

:D:D

PARAGON
07-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Make sure you take your watch off this time.:Dya know what, I haven't learned my lesson. It stays on...... but now that you mention it.:cool:

HummerNewbie
07-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, if Colin's going to be there, we'd have to try peckerwood too.

I really would want to try guardrail, slick rock and peckerwood on my next trip there. So I have to have my truck in order.... right now it's not.

If you can make it, great. I would love to see you tackle peckerwood, that would be great. Can you image the look on the faces of all the people that though we were the hold up on the trail if you ran that one :p :cool:

HummerNewbie
07-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Less than a week to go and I will be on the road. Heard from a few others today that are thinking about coming, should be a great trip so who else is in? :cool:

HummerNewbie
08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
2 days 20 hours 59 minutes 41 seconds :D

HIHUMMER
08-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Ok...Gettin close. Here is the Hummer roll call as of right now:

7 H1's
1 H2 (really? that's it?)
3 H3's

The rest are several Yota's and Jeepers. Anyone want to come along...Hot Dogs and Hamburgers are being provided Saturday night!!!:D

Boss Hoss
08-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Sure wish i was going...there is still a slim chance....slim chance.:(

HummerNewbie
08-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Sure wish i was going...there is still a slim chance....slim chance.:(

See what you can do, it will be a great time.

Ok...Gettin close. Here is the Hummer roll call as of right now:

7 H1's
1 H2 (really? that's it?) I guess other than Alan and Boss the rest are skeered ;)
3 H3's

The rest are several Yota's and Jeepers. Anyone want to come along...Hot Dogs and Hamburgers are being provided Saturday night!!!:D

KenP
08-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I want pics of someone on Lower 2.:D

HummerNewbie
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I want pics of someone on Lower 2.:D

Just anybody or somebody in a Hummer? Part of the reason I am heading out tomorrow and driving to Atlanta is so we can get there early enough on Saturday to see some people run it :cool:

KenP
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Just anybody or somebody in a Hummer? Part of the reason I am heading out tomorrow and driving to Atlanta is so we can get there early enough on Saturday to see some people run it :cool:It would be cool to see some of those buggys run it.

Boss Hoss
08-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Just anybody or somebody in a Hummer? Part of the reason I am heading out tomorrow and driving to Atlanta is so we can get there early enough on Saturday to see some people run it :cool:

I thought thats why you got the new winch :eek: :D

HummerNewbie
08-02-2006, 11:13 PM
I thought thats why you got the new winch :eek: :D

May just have to photochop that :D

HummerNewbie
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
The countdown is on! Just over 24 hours and I will be heading out :D

Some are arriving today, some tomorrow and the rest on Saturday. If any of you last minute stragglers want to go I think there is still space in some of the cabins so let us know.

HIHUMMER
08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
GAME ON BITCHES!:D

(sorry, I'm a little ready to go!)

KenP
08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I bet the cabins don't have internet access....

We're gonna talk bad about you all while you're gone!!!!

HummerNewbie
08-04-2006, 02:12 AM
I bet the cabins don't have internet access....

WRONG!!! :p

WE NOW OFFER WILD BLUE BROADBAND "WIFI" INTERNET ACCESS AT NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE FOLKS STAYING IN THE CAMPGROUND!!!!

They installed it so we can keep you posted ;)

alldunn
08-04-2006, 01:28 PM

WE NOW OFFER WILD BLUE BROADBAND "WIFI" INTERNET ACCESS AT NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE FOLKS STAYING IN THE CAMPGROUND!!!!

Damn they've gotten all high tech up in hillbilly land. :D You guys have a safe trip!

HIHUMMER
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
AllDunn, You sure you can't come along!?:( So far Alan is the only H2er w/ the cahonas to go.;)

HummerNewbie
08-04-2006, 03:17 PM
AllDunn, You sure you can't come along!?:( So far Alan is the only H2er w/ the cahonas to go.;)

He's the only on that isn't skeered ;)

Three of the H1s arrived last night. All of them on one trailer :eek:

2 hours, 13 minutes and counting :D

Boss Hoss
08-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I dont think ill be coming either....just as i was about to tell the wifey to load up and slap on my skins, she winds up getting sick :( Hope you guys have fun and make sure you post plenty of pics....and plan another run soon.

HummerNewbie
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Sorry you can't make it Boss but hopefully next time.On 75 right now in GA about 2 1/2 hours outside Atlanta.

alldunn
08-06-2006, 07:44 PM

Sorry! :( Not this time...hopefully next time though. Hope you guys are having fun!!

Boss Hoss
08-08-2006, 06:58 PM

So im guessing the Wild Blue Broadband is not up and running. We all know Hi and Newbie need elcova like a crackhead needs crack :D Wheres the trip overview and the pictures already:mad: ;)

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 02:17 AM
So im guessing the Wild Blue Broadband is not up and running. We all know Hi and Newbie need elcova like a crackhead needs crack :D Wheres the trip overview and the pictures already:mad: ;)
We were just having way too much fun to be surf :-)Unfortunately our cabin was farthest from the WiFi but really never had time to post. Took a little side trip today so still on the road with about 5 hour to go tonight. Will post pics tomorrow sometime.

HummBebe
08-09-2006, 03:10 AM
so where is everybody????

Sewie
08-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Yeah, shouldn't some of you guys be back by now? Where's the pics? :D

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Here..but tired as all hell. Pics will be posted tomorrow.

And to whoever it was that asked if my new tires would save my differential...the answer is NO.

HummBebe
08-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Another diff???

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 06:02 AM
I believe so, the front. The truck is in Knoxville, TN. Should know more tomorrow.

HummBebe
08-09-2006, 06:17 AM
http://pagesperso.aol.fr/southwinnerking/images/super%20saiya-jin%20dbz%20-%20eric%20cartman%20-%20south%20park%20-%20pissed%20off.gif

got toyota?
08-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, shouldn't some of you guys be back by now? Where's the pics? :D

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5646.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5647.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5651.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5657.jpg

got toyota?
08-09-2006, 06:24 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5670.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5675.jpg

got toyota?
08-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Thats just a preview. Im tired :o, will attempt to post the rest tomorrow. Well not all of them HI. ;)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/tow.jpg

CAMP AT CRAWFORDS!!!!!!!!!! It's inbetween the trails and town. I've booked a cabin, and all the other cabins are available. You can also camp primal if you want. Also, Colin and his buddies will be camping there...looks like that's the place to be. AND...they have a rock garden we can play on and a welding shop in case the K5 breaks something! :D

Karma's a bitch. :p

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I believe so, the front. The truck is in Knoxville, TN. Should know more tomorrow.

Damn HI, that sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope that you get satisfaction this time. :mad:

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Great first batch. I can't wait to see the rest! :D

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5646.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5647.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5651.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5657.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
The Berserker! This is one bad-ass truck!!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0926Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0928Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0936Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0935Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0937Small.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I.O.R Customs Inc owner, Bobby. This guy is nuts!!! Kept us all highly entertained!

This is on SlickRock
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0955Small.jpg

Having to turn around on SlickRock b/c of a broken down rig. Including a flipped Samuri.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0958Small.jpg

V-Ditch. This obstacle proved to be the most interesting obstacle. Plenty of more pics of this one to come.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/img_5726Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/img_5724Small.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Our fearless leader Colin! Got Towyota??? (just for you Colin..but that's all you get!:mad:)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0948Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0949Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0951Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/img_5716Small.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Me.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0942Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0943Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0941Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0945Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0975Small.jpg

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
What all was done? Did Colin try Peckerwood since he had his doors off?;)

Anyone try Guardrail?

I've seen pics of the yellow H1 on it's side on trail 8.

What did Alan try?

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Manik Rock Rails crunched like "someone chewing on a straw"....;)
Time to fabricate some.

However my UCP held up EXCELLENT! Temp was never an issue!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0968Small.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0970Small.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Lotus....this guy was fearless!
Wait until you see pics of him in the V-ditch!!!:eek:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0971Small.jpg

Alan06SUT...aka: the only H2er w/ the guts to show up.:D

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0954Small.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 02:15 PM
What all was done? Did Colin try Peckerwood since he had his doors off?;)

Anyone try Guardrail?

I've seen pics of the yellow H1 on it's side on trail 8.

What did Alan try?

We did alot of trails...Alan and I ran a few more than the others on Saturday. Newbie has a list of all the trails we ran. But I know we did 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, part of 11..what else Newbie?

We went and saw Perckerwood, but didn't try. Everyone except the H1's went up trail 11 to see Guardrail, but no one tried it. However, I think the H1's could really give a good run at it. We also checked out Schoolbus. The H1's and possible H2's could pull off...it'd be interesting to watch!

Yes, the Yellow H1 flipped on the V-Ditch. Best part about it..his wife just looked at us and said..."Oh, that's nothing. No big deal". :cool:

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 02:20 PM
The Monday crew...at least for a little while. :(

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0964Small.jpg

The sign!! (don't even think about it Colin!:rolleyes: ;) )
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0961Small.jpg

HummBebe
08-09-2006, 02:59 PM
That place looks tough!!! I like it!!!:D

More pics!!!!

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Great pics HI! Keep em coming! :D :cool:

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Just got up a little while ago, got in about 3:30. I will have to look at the list of trails we did but I think you got all the trail numbers on there HI. We did several trails we didn't do before but we also hit a number of areas more than once. I think we did more than twice as much Sunday than we did total the last trip. We did do Guardrail though. It might have been on foot but we did it :D

Busy day today but will try to post pics later.

Mike E
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
AWESOME!!!

Boss Hoss
08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Great pics thus far...looking forward to the rest. Im still upset i missed the trip.:mad:

What trail/obstacle is this?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0936Small.jpg

Sewie
08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Cool pics! :cool: MORE!!! DO NOW!!! :D

Boss Hoss
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, if Colin's going to be there, we'd have to try peckerwood too.

I didnt know you drove a heep :D :D :D

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Great pics thus far...looking forward to the rest. Im still upset i missed the trip.:mad:

What trail/obstacle is this?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/100_0936Small.jpgis that coming out of Fain's Ford?

Sewie
08-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Manik Rock Rails crunched like "someone chewing on a straw"....;)
Time to fabricate some.

However my UCP held up EXCELLENT! Temp was never an issue!

Manik rails bring the suck big time. :mad:

Any "after" pics of the UCP?

Boss Hoss
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Im thinking that may be the place Alan popped a bead and then smashed up his spare valve stem--trail 8 i think.

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Here..but tired as all hell. Pics will be posted tomorrow.

And to whoever it was that asked if my new tires would save my differential...the answer is NO.

HI - You may find this post (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283866#post283866) interesting. Good Luck! :)

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
is that coming out of Fain's Ford?

I wasn't there on Saturday but think that is where I came down last time at Fain's Ford. That spot looks totally difference than the last time. We also took a harder line coming out of the creek this time which was fun. Got to get all my pics together and start uploading.

Those that were there last time probably won't believe what we did Saturday night. We took a GMC 6500 with a 48' trailer up trail one to get an H1 with a broken steering box and did a u-turn up close to the pay station. It was nuts and wouldn't have thought it could be done :eek:

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:06 PM
We did end up getting to see a few trucks run Lower 2 on Sunday morning. Unfortunately there weren't any real buggies running but cool to see.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01122.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01123.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01124.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01125.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01127.jpg

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:11 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01128.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01129.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01130.jpg

Bobby from IORC was going to run it but one of the other guys talk him out of it because we were not sure how we would get his H1 out of there with an air lift if he busted something :eek:

It's a good thing too because all the bolt on his steering box busted coming down #1 later in the evening :(

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Lotus in the V ditch on #8 :eek:

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Another angle

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Tight quarters, an H1 had to back up on HI's brush guard to make room :eek:

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, maybe he didn't actually back up on it :p

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Mondays group ready to head out.

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Last time we went around this but it was more fun going over :)

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:29 PM
But it did take out HI's decorative Manik rail :mad:

HummerNewbie
08-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Heading back the other way over it :)

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 07:01 PM

OMFG!!! :eek:

Is his D Pillar in the dirt here!? Wow! Serious Brass Balls!

Ipedog
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Looks like someone wishes they were an SUT ;) :rolleyes: :D

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/cyberhummer/DSC01130.jpg

dеiтайожни
08-09-2006, 07:54 PM
OMFG!!! :eek:

Is his D Pillar in the dirt here!? Wow! Serious Brass Balls!

x2, that's crazy. At least he taped up this time though. :D

Sewie
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Looks like someone wishes they were an SUT ;) :rolleyes: :D

I've seen one of those around here too. So who's gonna be the first to do the H3 like that? :eek: :D

Sewie
08-09-2006, 08:04 PM

YEAAHHHHH!!!!! I don't think the lev-o-gauge would matter much on that one. :eek: :eek: :D

HIHUMMER
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Well, maybe he didn't actually back up on it :p

It's okay Newbie...you can tell them the truth...I was just pushing him out of my way. :D How do you think he got into that Vditch anyways?;)

lotus4s
08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Another angle

One more foot and I'd have made it.........at least I made it further than the "heep" did. :D

Undercarriage looks good :eek:

Dei, the tape really helped. I thought I'd scraped the paint on the right rear fender but it just rubbed the tape off and left the adhesive. Knocked the tailight off but it just popped right back in.

I feel fortunate as the end of weekend damage assessment was a broken license plate frame. :cool:

Thanks to everyone who went for all your help and making it an awesome trip! Can't wait to do it again...

HIHUMMER
08-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Few more...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-23-1ASmall.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-17-7ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-18-6ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-19-5ASmall.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Fains Ford
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-16-8ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-19-5ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-17-7ASmall.jpg

SlickRock
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-01-23ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-03-21ASmall.jpg

HIHUMMER
08-10-2006, 02:59 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-12-12ASmall.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823400-R1-16-8ASmall.jpg

Tubs McFatty
08-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Truly amazing.

CrisB
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/holliei/823399-R1-19-5ASmall.jpg

Very cool shot, nice winch mount:)

HummerNewbie
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Very cool shot, nice winch mount:)

I would have to agree on both :D

I also think the Yellow one needs the mount too ;)

got toyota?
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
The rest of my pics. :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taco_n_4lo/album?.dir=ab5bre2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taco_n_4lo/my_photos

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/IMG_5685.jpg

HummerNewbie
08-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Colin, you spelled Toyota wrong and it is actually a Hummer ;)

got toyota?
08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Hey Colin, you spelled Toyota wrong and it is actually a Hummer ;)

;) I didnt spell it wrong, Jim did! lol And he should know thats a Hummer. I mean, it did break. :p

h2co-pilot
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Colin where is your door?!:D

Looks like fun guys. :cool:

HummerNewbie
08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
;) I didnt spell it wrong, Jim did!

That's right, I forgot who did it :p

HummerNewbie
08-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Looks like fun guys. :cool:

You two should have come. You know how much fun we had last time but this time just blew that away. On the trails we just kept on moving and probably did twice as much as we did total the last trip on Sunday alone. Staying at the cabins was definitely the way to go too. Cook outs every night and cutting the drive in half to and from the trails really added a lot to the trip.

It never effected us but they are apparently really cracking down out there. Saturday night they had a DUI check point coming back from town and Sunday afternoon they were giving everyone breathalyzers and searching vehicles for alcohol coming off the trails at the pay station.

Unfortunately this pic didn't come out so good and you can't tell but this outside our cabin and there are a bunch of Hummers of all kinds and 20-30 people have a big cook out :cool:

HIHUMMER
08-11-2006, 02:11 PM
That pic really don't do it justice. (I hate that I didn't get a pic). The driveway looked like a dealership. I think in total we had 5H1's, 1H2, 3H3's (and of course...the odd ball Toyota....but he's good peoples;) )

The cabin was really nice. Big kitchen, 2 bathroom, a screened in back porch, hardwood floors, only thing missing was the internet. One of the H1 guys stayed in a cabin at "Tellico Cabins", now those are even closer to the trails...I think only 2miles from Trail 1. Might have to check those out next time.

I'd have to say this was probably the best trip I've been on thus far.
Like Alan told me: it was a 9.5 out of 10!!!!!!!!:D

Tubs McFatty
08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I'd have to say this was probably the best trip I've been on thus far.
Like Alan told me: it was a 9.5 out of 10!!!!!!!!:D

Do I turn you on baby? I gots da jelly rollz!

KenP
08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
More pics please.:D

Tubs McFatty
08-11-2006, 04:37 PM

I aim to please, and if I can't please then I snivel like a little baby and cry that I don't love my wife and I want a woman who finds it convenient to **** everyone else but me.

HummerNewbie
08-11-2006, 04:41 PM

I didn't get too many as we just kept things moving but I think Lotus has a number of good shots and probably some great video.

HummerNewbie
08-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I need those pic of recovering a certain other type of vehicle with my winch :p

got toyota?
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I need those pic of recovering a certain other type of vehicle with my winch :p

Yes you do need those!

got toyota?
08-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Hollie (dont worry, I wouldnt post a bad picture of you if there was one) ;) wouldnt do that to ya. But I will post pics of you being pulled around by a TOYOTA!!! :evil:

Tow Truck Info, for future H3 resQ reference :lol:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/Tanners.jpg

In Tow
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/InTow.jpg
Ouch! Towyota 8)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/InTowII.jpg
On Trail 1!!! :wall:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/4lo/H3%20Tellico/InTowIII.jpg

got toyota?
08-12-2006, 09:32 PM
There ya go, there's more pics. BTW Teh 6 image limit is uber-ghey.

HummerNewbie
08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes you do need those!

Yeah, that comment was just for you :D

Not that I wouldn't have needed some winching trying those lines too :)

got toyota?
08-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, that comment was just for you :D

Not that I wouldn't have needed some winching trying those lines too :)

There's an idea. Next time be ready to try those lines ;)

HIHUMMER
08-13-2006, 10:14 PM
There's an idea. Next time be ready to try those lines ;)

I think he's calling you out Newbie!!!;)

HummerNewbie
08-14-2006, 04:21 AM
I think he's calling you out Newbie!!!;)

Yeah, but I would just have to embarrass him as I walk right through it ;)

Alan06SUT
08-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Im thinking that may be the place Alan popped a bead and then smashed up his spare valve stem--trail 8 i think.

No its at fains ford, right after you get up the first obstcle. Its the hill that you can go around to the right.

got toyota?
08-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Yeah, but I would just have to embarrass him as I walk right through it ;)

Deal. I think my next Tellico trip will be in November. Will you be ready to "walk right through it" by then? ;)

Tubs McFatty
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Deal. I think my next Tellico trip will be in November. Will you be ready to "walk right through it" by then? ;)

You should consider yourself lucky that I live in Mass. otherwise I would come show you how to wheel. I don't stop till I win. Or at least until someone breaks out some peanut butter.

got toyota?
08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
You should consider yourself lucky that I live in Mass. otherwise I would come show you how to wheel. I don't stop till I win. Or at least until someone breaks out some peanut butter.

You're already defeated! I got PB in the truckbox lmao :D

PARAGON
08-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Deal. I think my next Tellico trip will be in November. Will you be ready to "walk right through it" by then? ;)Some local Jeep guys are talking November as well. We're going to Grayrock in a couple of weeks with a couple of them.

Boss Hoss
08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
November should be good for me....thats when things start to slowwwww dooowwwn. Weather permitting, i may be able to enjoy my heated leather seats while on the trail...and who knows, i may be rolling on some 37in toyos.

HummerNewbie
08-14-2006, 11:48 PM

Bring it on ;)

November could be cool. Lets start talking about plans.