PDA

View Full Version : manual for e locker?

rusty
06-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Any one have the install manual for the eaton elocker? my timid dealer wants to see before commiting to install.

Hummie2
06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
It won't do much good for the front. It's a generic that mostly applies to rear axle installs. It kind of leave you in the dark as to where to break the wires out of the case at, but a good gearman can figure things out with a little comon sense.

Hummie2
06-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Keep the wires from the coil straight as possible, avoid any loops that will later become a kink and cause the wires to break @ the kink (don't ask how I know). Position the shoe on the coil between the webs on the case where it fits the tightest thus keeping any rotational movement in the coil as little as possible.
Here is a pic of where I broke mine out at:

rusty
06-23-2006, 05:30 PM
ok, so any problems w/ water intrusion from the wire hole/grommett?

any suggestions to waterproof??

I've been through 32" creeks(called rivers out here) before w/out prob.s, don't want to create any.

Thx

rusty
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm trying to find one, I have it somewhere :confused:

But essentially it is no different to installing any other diff, you just have to run a couple of wires for the switch. You'll need new bearings also (which the dealer should have) and that's about it.

Thank you for the manual
If dealer is ok to install, Ill order

Hummie2
06-28-2006, 02:31 AM
ok, so any problems w/ water intrusion from the wire hole/grommett?

any suggestions to waterproof??

I've been through 32" creeks(called rivers out here) before w/out prob.s, don't want to create any.

Thx

No problems so far. Been in for about 2 years and under water some. That rubber grommett fits tight if the correct size hole is drilled through the case. Use some RTV around the outside if you are worried. I believe water would find its way past the axle seals first.