PDA

View Full Version : How long

AngUPS
11-07-2002, 09:29 PM
I am on my 6th week of a 6-8 week wait. How long is it taking at this time? I have called the dealer (Coral Cadillac) and they say there is no information on the build date. Is this the same all around, or is there a way to find out when it will go onto production? I did not recieve any type of invoice or contract when I ordered it, is this normal? I can hardly wait until it is here!!!!

Thanks

AngUPS
11-07-2002, 09:29 PM
I am on my 6th week of a 6-8 week wait. How long is it taking at this time? I have called the dealer (Coral Cadillac) and they say there is no information on the build date. Is this the same all around, or is there a way to find out when it will go onto production? I did not recieve any type of invoice or contract when I ordered it, is this normal? I can hardly wait until it is here!!!!

Thanks

SJ
11-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Based on a few posts on the same topic, I'd say not having an invoice is unusual. I received a full color printout with the Build Date indicated.

My H2 took a bit less than 2 weeks from the Build Date to delivery in California.

You can probably get a build date/status if you call back and ask. Is your particular vehicle assigned a unit # yet? If the unit appears on the dealers inbound list it will have a unit # [I think it is 9 digits, or maybe this was just the Hummer dealer I used].

Big Red 1
11-08-2002, 12:28 AM
I ordered my H2 October 5th, the dealer called me November 6th, said it had been built and was in transit. They said I will have it next week.

The only delays they mentioned, were the factory options that the dealer installs. Seems the parts are slow to arrive at the dealership.

MAC
11-08-2002, 05:48 AM
Pick up your Hummer as soon it gets there, you can always go back to have the parts installed later, as I did. I did not want my Hummer sit in the showroom or lot and have any stranger touch or breath on my Hummer.

There is an exact build date, dealer can track it on their computer. Coral case is odd, when you ordered it, did you pay deposit? they had to give you some paperwork. No money no talk.

My delivery was exactly 4 weeks from build date for me.

JJ
11-10-2002, 01:18 PM
I ordered my H2 6 weeks ago, I just received the production date last week - Dec. 2. Add to that a 1-2 week transit time. I was quoted 10-12 weeks due to short supply of the moonroof. Color me anxious and impatient - envious of all H2 owners out there already enjoying the beast.

JJ

racina
11-10-2002, 02:23 PM
It took approx. 6 weeks without the dealer installed options. Don't know how long those will take.

racina
11-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Do you have an order number? If so, pass it on and I may be able to get the status of it for you.

h2fan
11-10-2002, 08:23 PM
orderd on oct 17 the wait is on 10/12 weeks is what i was told stock piling hummer stuff in my garage have the h2 cover chrome hummer rims and my locking gas cap /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AngUPS
11-10-2002, 09:33 PM
No order #. I spoke to the dealer and asked about a build date, they said they were going to check into it on Monday. I was told it was a solid 90 days from the date GM accepts the order. I will hopefully get an answer soon. If anyone has more info please let me know.

Thanks

MAC
11-10-2002, 11:20 PM
Dealers usually preorder H2s, all get presold or sold within 24 hours anyway; they keep a list of potential buyers on hand, if any H2 come in unsold, dealer call down the list, or call the people they like first. Don't know if H2 is still hot and hard to get as 30-60 days ago. After I got my new H2, I received calls from other dealers I talked to when I was shopping around.
When I placed H2 (Lux pack) order, manager checked the computer & told me they have one black adventure pack H2 being built that exact date (8/28), not exactly what I wanted but I instantly switched to adventure black H2, cut the wait time, added leather and dealer option things I wanted. I took delivery exactly 4 weeks later(9/25).
Went back 4 weeks later to have the late arrival tube steps installed.

Big Red 1
11-10-2002, 11:57 PM
See my earlier post. Went by the dealer this evening. My H2 was locked in a fenced in area behind the dealership. None of the dealer installed options were on it yet.

HeeHaw
11-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Out here (southern California) it was easy to get one and once my mind was made up, it took less than a week to get it....and I was very specific about what I wanted. No exceptions.

Its too bad you are having to wait so long. Out here, competion is stiff and I was able to get the $7,000 dealer markup tossed by going to multiple dealerships and letting them know some dealers were selling the H2 at STICKER.

Good Luck

MAC
11-11-2002, 02:39 AM
I loved your show HeeHaw, used to watched it all the time, they are so funny. Have not seen any rerun of HeeHaw for many many years. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HeeHaw
11-11-2002, 04:44 AM
I'm tired of hanging OUT in the corn field and thought it was time to surface.

"You met another and *%&%&% you were GONE!"

Hee to my friends

AngUPS
11-24-2002, 09:16 PM
I will have it this Monday, 11/25/02 /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

KAC
11-24-2002, 11:31 PM
ordered 9/14/2002
build week 11/11/2002
delivery date 11/23/2002

10 weeks (w/sunroof which supposedly added about 30 days to the time)

Kim

KAC
Red Adv Series ordered 9/14/2002
Delivery scheduled for 11/23/2002

bklynh2srock
11-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Order date: 10/1
Build date: 11/11
Delivery: 12/2

Hey KAC, it looks like ours share the same birthday!

they told us we'd have to wait until mid December, but it looks like Santa's coming early.

It seems like, from the media GM site production #'s that they're starting to really crank them out.

Pewter lux, sunroof, air, wrap brushguard, etc.

MAC
11-25-2002, 12:20 AM
Isn't 11/11 a holiday? Veterans Day. UAW is that flexible nowadays?

OLE YLLR
11-25-2002, 12:33 AM
I ORDERED MINE ON 10/13/02 ON PAPERWORK GIVEN TO ME BY DEALER COULD'NT FIND AN ORDER NUMBER. FOUND ON HEADER OF PAGE HUMMER H2 4 DR WGN RN25706. DEALER CALLED AND TOLD ME BUILT DAY OD 12/2 DELIVERY WEEK OF 12/16 ANY CHANCE YOU COULD VFY THIS. THANKS OLE YLLR

bklynh2srock
11-25-2002, 01:22 AM
MAC, yeah, 11/11 is a holiday. My salesman said that was the build date, but my feeling is that there is no way it was actually started on that exact date. KAC had the right idea, that it was the build "week."

Anyone know how long it takes to manufacture a single H2 from start to finish? I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen it discussed yet (sorry if it has)!

KAC
11-25-2002, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bklynh2srock:
Anyone know how long it takes to manufacture a single H2 from start to finish? I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen it discussed yet (sorry if it has)!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dealer claims mine was completed on 11/12 - seems like a lot to do in one day or even 2 if 11/11 wasn't a holiday (which it wasn't for me!). For it to arrive in southern Virginia on 11/21, it must have been completed pretty quickly after 11/11 though.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

Peyton77
11-29-2002, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngUPS:

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too live in south florida, i have been to Coral, and they were not to nice, i am thinking about schmucker, by the looks of it they have like 30 units on site, i have also seen about 40 units on site in orlando, i would think with all these vehicles sitting there they would be anxious to get rid of a few. Anyways back to coral, the older gentleman told me to give him $1,500 to order one and then he would let me drive one, fully refundable of course, i did not like that comment, kind of made me mad, anyways what i am getting at is, did they treat you right, and if possible did you pay over MSRP?

Peyton

AngUPS
11-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Peyton,

I test drove the H2 at Wiliamson in Miami, I then went to Coral and gave the $1,500 down to order. They did order but gave me no paperwork other than a receipt. I was concerned after about 7 weeks and requested a build date, they were very evasive and I finally called the Hummer main office and had them call Coral to get an order #. When I finally was called that mine was in the air conditioner was not working properly, after two days of being promised it would be fixed I was able to pick it up. In my opinion they are very unresponsive to the needs of the customers and I plan to let the Hummer main office know. I am very happy with the H2 and love driving it around. The reason I did not buy from Williamson is that they said the wait for one with the moon roof might be around 5 to 6 months and they tried to talk me into an after market installer which I did not want. Good luck and let us know how the other dealers are treating you. I did pay MSRP at Coral.

Bill Kervaski
11-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Looks like H2's are starting to show up in large numbers at dealerships now. My dealer has 11 on the lot (Crest HUMMER, Birmignham, Alabama).

- Bill

MAC
11-29-2002, 03:32 PM
The deposit when ordering H2 was $5,000 here.
Still no H2 on the lot.
Look like GM can do a little adjusment in vehicle distribution.
40 on the lot! if possible, please take a photo, would be fun to see that.

sheag
11-29-2002, 04:11 PM
At the dealership where I'm buying they have mostly H1s and they are deeply discounting them in order to try and make room for more H2s. They have consistently about 6 H2s on the lot and about 40 or more H1s, new and used. I'm waiting to close on my house to buy my H2 and I found out today my closing date got set back a week, from this Monday the 2nd to the 9th. I'm so bummed! I was planning a road trip in my H2 next week! Currently there are three orange ones on the lot, two with lux/adv pkgs and one just with the adv pkg, which is the one I'd prefer, and I'm hoping at least one of them is still there in a week and a half. The orange one I test drove had been there two weeks. My sales guy said the yellow and pewter ones are selling the fastest off the lot which I thought was interesting, those are the two colors I like least. They only had orange and red ones on the lot and I saw on the delivery white board they're getting in some white, black, red, and another orange. I'm hoping the orange isn't too popular in this part of the country and that might be what's keeping them on the lot.

Shea

MAC
11-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Shea, money talks, otherwise whatever anyone say is just hot air to the dealer. Go in their and put a desposit down. In most cases, deposits on autos are always refundable.

Peyton77
11-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Wow that was fast, thanks for your quick turn around time. All of the car dealers in south flordia seem to be very rude, i can only say that JM Lexus & Braman BMW are the only places i have ever enjoyed buying a car. I am a Gen Xer and will be contacting all local dealers through email, hopefully i get what i want with out trying to be pressured into anything. The car buying experiance sux, but i am sure it will pay off once i try to squeeze my new H2 into my gargae...

Peyton

WWW.GIANTBANK.COM (http://WWW.GIANTBANK.COM)

sheag
11-29-2002, 05:53 PM
Mac, the dealer wanted more for a deposit (5K) than I was willing to put down, most of my money is tied up in my house and I was willing to wait and risk it since they not only had orange ones sitting on the lot, but more coming in. But now that my closing date is set back I may consider it this weekend. It would suck to show up with cash in hand only to find out that they're all gone and I'd have to put in an order and wait 2+ months.

Shea

MAC
11-29-2002, 06:18 PM
It is all destiny. Whats yours will be yours, whats not yours, will not be yours no matter how hard you try.

dricksar
11-30-2002, 03:25 AM
My H2's Build date was November 11, 2002 and was delivered on November 21, 2002. This should give you an idea how will it take from the build date to delivery. The vehicle is actually built on 11/11 and was send to the shipping yard the same day. it took 3 days at the yard and off it went to the distribution center in los angeles from there the distrubution center has 72 hours to deliver to the dealership. your dealer should be able to give you your vehicles build date. If you have a good salesman like i had, I knew my VIN number the next day after my H2 was built. and gave tracking info where the vehicle was.