PDA

View Full Version : Any Magnaflow exhaust owners?

89vette
11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Any owners of a Magnaflow exhaust out there? It's an all stainless system for around $400. I't looks like the tips can be cut off so they are hidden up underneath

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

89vette
11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Any owners of a Magnaflow exhaust out there? It's an all stainless system for around $400. I't looks like the tips can be cut off so they are hidden up underneath

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

TMKHUM
11-07-2003, 11:02 PM
I've got one.

The quality is top notch. To be honest, I thought the install hardware and hangers were better quality then the borla system I installed on my T/A.

The pluses: Performance wise, the magnaflow is about the best you are going to get. The muffler is a perfed core, straight thru. Also, the muffler serves as an x-pipe. The exhaust winds up being a true dual setup with the muffler acting as a cross over pipe as well.

The negatives: Its a little on the LOUD side. It sounds great, but at cruise there is a pretty big drone.

My solution: I wound up tuning the system. I installed car chemistry exhaust inserts on the output side of the muffler. This made the sound perfect.

All in all, a very good deal, but a little loud.

Tom

Jerr
11-09-2003, 10:06 PM
yes i also found a magnaflow exhaust system for 420$ and was wondering about it also...I have a 2003 black H2, and i think im am going to purchase it, would it be the best way to go rather than to spend 800$ on a corsa or borla?

89vette
11-10-2003, 12:20 PM
What the above owner stated is exactly what I do not want. The drone sound. I have the Corsa on my vette and it does not resonate or drone. I'm leaning towards the Corsa Touring system.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

5spd
11-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Although not on a H2 I have a pal with one on his 4runner and it is much louder than I expected and on the freeway it is unbearable, (sounds like a rice rocket) at least to me, as stated above the drone is pretty overwhelming. I was going to have a system put on my own, but this made me go another route.

NJ H2
11-12-2003, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
What the above owner stated is exactly what I do not want. The drone sound. I have the Corsa on my vette and it does not resonate or drone. I'm leaning towards the Corsa Touring system.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did some investigating and decided to buy the XtremeFlow Muffler with Air Intake for $679.99
How could you argue with 40 HP + 2MPG! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
At least that's what they claim.
XtremeFlow (http://www.h2performanceparts.com/H2_Performance.htm)

Loggie
11-13-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm also looking to improve the performance of my H2 without adding a supercharger. What about just adding headers and exhaust. any comments.

BIGHEAVY
11-13-2003, 11:26 PM
i just had a corsa sport intalled yesterday and it is awesome i had one on my vette and this is just the same loud at takeoff almost silent at 75mph. plus i picked up 1.3 mpg so far. had it installed at the corsa plant for 750.00 out the door if anyone is in ohio (cleveland area) drop me a line i will hook you up with my inside guy.