PDA

View Full Version : Gear Shifter Sticking!!??

prplprowlr
01-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the shifter sticking in park? I plan to take it to the dealer next week. When I go to shift from park to Reverse or Drive I cannot get the thumb button to push in. I have to hit it with the palm of my hand to push it in. It has been doing this only the last few days and it is every time i get in, The transmission seems to be working fine it shifts normally other than that, I just think the shifter is sticking, i was going to take it off tomorrow and see if something in the shifter was broken or hung up.
Any suggestions or fix problems will be appreciated.

prplprowlr
01-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the shifter sticking in park? I plan to take it to the dealer next week. When I go to shift from park to Reverse or Drive I cannot get the thumb button to push in. I have to hit it with the palm of my hand to push it in. It has been doing this only the last few days and it is every time i get in, The transmission seems to be working fine it shifts normally other than that, I just think the shifter is sticking, i was going to take it off tomorrow and see if something in the shifter was broken or hung up.
Any suggestions or fix problems will be appreciated.

TouchdownTN
01-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Mine sticks now too. Mine is due to taking the console apart to add the aux input (which didn't work). I'm hoping I just put the shifter back on wrong. Let me know what you find out!

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

H2 Bill
01-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Try loosening the set screw and pushing the lever down and re-tighten. You might have to play with the adjustment a little.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com (http://www.4swimwear.com)

Hart 1
01-11-2004, 02:14 PM
It sticks because you drive a peice of ****.

DennisAJC
01-11-2004, 03:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Finally ITPRO realizes he's not liked....DUH!.....DUH!.....DUH!!!

I can almost see the tears streaming down your inbred cheeks as you type your posts.

Don't be so obvious when you post. You lost and not welcome here.

Jeepchick is a more valuable asset than you'll ever be.HAHAHAHAHA you're such a rollover.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

RonB
01-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Dude...I was kinda rootin' for the underdog in that whole political argument/bashing/blood for oil thing. Stick to politics.

Navigator
01-11-2004, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ITPR0:
It sticks because you drive a peice of ****.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITASS'S Ride
http://www.robrob8.com/pictures/images/redneck13.jpg

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

MAC
01-11-2004, 04:43 PM
This may sound too simple, whenever I can't shift out of PARK, I found out it was because I did not step on the brake before I shift. I assume everyone knows you have to step on the brake to shift out of park, and when you take key out of ignition.

Most of us try to figure things out ourselves or ask friends here, including myself, frankly, all the free warranty related stuffs should be handled and fixed by the dealers. Many questions I have seen here, including this one, is for the dealer to take care of. I was speaking to a dealer service rep, he said he is amazed how long most people drag it on before they take the vehicle warranty repair jobs to the dealer. Of course, there are also very few who would bug the dealer repeatedly about trivia items or keep on going back to the dealer too often. I have a similar mental block about going to the dealer, even though they have been excellent in turn of courtesy and getting the jobs done on time for free.

DennisAJC
01-11-2004, 04:51 PM
One time I parked on a hill. As I was leaving, it locked on me. I later realized that I released the brake in park before I engaged the parking brake. Panick! But I managed to get it out.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

prplprowlr
01-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Mac, thanks for the simple fix!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif however I do have my foot on the brake to shift out of park but like I said it has only been doing this for about 2 weeks, I am taking to the shop and post what they have to say so if anyone else runs into this problem.