PDA

View Full Version : H1 Tunes

Bdizzle
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I have '96 open top and i need to do some stereo work...looking for some ideas on speaker locations...i was thinking a custom box in the back or maybe there is something out there to put speakers on the roll bars (sort of like what jeep offers)? Any info/feedback would be appreciated..

Bdizzle
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I have '96 open top and i need to do some stereo work...looking for some ideas on speaker locations...i was thinking a custom box in the back or maybe there is something out there to put speakers on the roll bars (sort of like what jeep offers)? Any info/feedback would be appreciated..

SunsetShannon
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I have subs under each rear seat, inside a custom box.

Then I put two mid-range speakers (round face) in the back panel between the two seats. Amps are behind the panel, and also a cooling fan was cut into the panel for the amps.

I've also seen tweeters on the back panel in conjunction with the mid-range, though mine are up by the front windshield.

GeneseeMtn
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
A nice upgrade for the older soft tops is to upgrade to the 2000 model year monsoon speakers (the speakers are at the top of the windshield). You can just order the parts from a dealer or from Lynch Hummer.

The "cheap & dirty" way to go is to add a box in the back between the rear seats & a 6" speaker on either side of the dog house.

97.5 H1

bigtim
03-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't have any pictures but I have 2 10's under the back seat. 4 mb quart 6 1/2's in between the 2 back seats on the back of the truck facing forward in a custom wrapped box. 2 4 1/2 mb quarts above the drivers and passenger's head on the top corners and 2 more 6 1/2's in the kickpanel for the driver and passenger. Powered by 2 kenwood amps that are flush mounted above the center section between the back seats. I use a Kenwood flip out screen as the head unit. The changer is located in the glove compartment. An equalizer and DVD player located above the glove compartment. Lastly, a 7" screen located in front of the passenger seat flush mounted on the dashboard.
I also have an open top.