PDA

View Full Version : The stupidest thing I saw today

evldave
07-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Was watching TV. Saw one of those 'Get your girl on' Hummer H3 commercials. Basically it was a girl having her kid get picked on at a playground by a bully. The bully's mom was a snatch, so the wussgirl bought a Hummer and felt better about her feelings.

Tagline for girl that bought a hummer to compensate for her wusiness: "Get your girl on"

Now...I've watching TV (drinking beer). I'm wathcing TV (drinning bere) and I see a commercial with some guy buying vegies, herbs, and crap at the grocery store. THe guy behind him is buying rubbs, steak, briquettes, and manfood. He immmediately checks out of the grocery store and goes and buys a hummer.

Tagline for the manboy who buys a hummer to compensate for his wusiness: "Reclaim your manhood"

WTF?

Between the bling adds and the stupid f'ing targeted ads, this has got to be the stupidest thing I saw today. Plus, I'm ashamed to own a Hummer.

/endrant

Racer-X
07-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Chill Dave - didn't you know you were buying a chick car? :D :D ;)

evldave
07-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Chill Dave - didn't you know you were buying a chick car? :D ;)

Makes me want to sell it and get a Jeep. chick cars are for...well...chicks. Except, of course, for The T&A, who are HOTTIES (measureable difference, ladies).:) :D ;)

It just means more dumbasssess will be buying hummers, which means it's less and less unique...

HummBebe
07-20-2006, 05:43 AM
I agree, I made a rant about the HUMMER on a Budget billboards. And Little Monster. I didn't think we should be apologising for owning Hummers.

Quit the Candy Coating Dammit!

Show wheeling, rock crawling, and then in the next frame, picking the kids up from school. Show the versatility of the truck and its owners.

Sheesh.

NEOCON1
07-20-2006, 05:45 AM
It just means more dumbasssess will be buying hummers, which means it's less and less unique...

atleast more are buing KY's than H3's :D man i hate driving a chick car :p ;)

evldave
07-20-2006, 06:05 AM
atleast more are buing KY's than H3's :D man i hate driving a chick car :p ;)

No $hit! I've seen 2-3 Kys in the last couple days, ALL PASTEL GHEY BLUE! Not one has any kind of indication it was anything but a mallcrawler. The sad thing? I've seen H3s in the same situation - no indication of anyone who even remotely uses it! I'mgetting more and more frustrated!:mad:

Honestly, I haven't washed my H3 since it got muddy a month ago - every time I stop at a gas station or anywhere, people say "That's the first muddy Hummer I've ever seen" because no one (present company excluded) actually uses their H3.

Seriously, if this homogenization of the Hummer brand continues, I'm either gonna get rid of my H3 or go radical, so much that Mad Max will think it's a minivan;)

DRTYFN
07-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Makes me want to sell it and get a Jeep.

You do and CO will ban you in a heartbeat.:eek:

Agriv8r
07-20-2006, 02:35 PM
does it matter what other people think?

NEOCON1
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
go radical, so much that Mad Max will think it's a minivan;)

thats what im thinking . solid front axle , tear the fenders off , taper the nose and tail , pull the doors , make it a scary a$$ looking crawler ;) :D :D

Sewie
07-20-2006, 06:14 PM

thats what im thinking . solid front axle , tear the fenders off , taper the nose and tail , pull the doors , make it a scary a$$ looking crawler ;) :D :D

Just leave the frog, OK? :D

evldave
07-20-2006, 07:32 PM

5 words: DIAMOND PLATE!:D

evldave
07-25-2006, 06:10 AM
Was watching TV. Saw one of those 'Get your girl on' Hummer H3 commercials. Basically it was a girl having her kid get picked on at a playground by a bully. The bully's mom was a snatch, so the wussgirl bought a Hummer and felt better about her feelings.

Tagline for girl that bought a hummer to compensate for her wusiness: "Get your girl on"

Now...I've watching TV (drinking beer). I'm wathcing TV (drinning bere) and I see a commercial with some guy buying vegies, herbs, and crap at the grocery store. THe guy behind him is buying rubbs, steak, briquettes, and manfood. He immmediately checks out of the grocery store and goes and buys a hummer.

Tagline for the manboy who buys a hummer to compensate for his wusiness: "Reclaim your manhood"

WTF?

Between the bling adds and the stupid f'ing targeted ads, this has got to be the stupidest thing I saw today. Plus, I'm ashamed to own a Hummer.

/endrant

Interesting. Was watching DIY, and saw the exact same commercial, but now the tagline is "Restore the Balance" or something like that. Much better, and actually pretty funny. It would be even better if it involved some little wiener dog...

KenP
07-26-2006, 12:08 AM
I thought the H3 was a chick's car since I first saw one.:p

MovinH2
07-26-2006, 01:08 AM
I thought the H3 was a chick's car since I first saw one.:p

X2 :D Better run.:p