PDA

View Full Version : October in Ouray

Adam in CO
07-20-2006, 11:06 PM
So here's the deal...

www.chipeta.com (http://www.chipeta.com)
Holding rooms for us for dates 10/2-10/12
No pet fees but only have 4 pet rooms/suites
20% dicsount on all rooms (will be cheaper and nicer than Gonzo)
Free massage for each
Discounted spa fees
Free reception one night w/ bar and band

A select few of us have been invited to go scope it out this summer and I will let you know when.

More details as events warrant.

BlueTJCO
07-20-2006, 11:24 PM
So here's the deal...

A select few of us have been invited to go scope it out this summer and I will let you know when.

You ****ing Boners..........:D

Mr. I - Man
07-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I will be out that way around 08/16. taking the long way back to Chicago from AZ

PARAGON
07-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I will be out that way around 08/16. taking the long way back to Chicago from AZWill you have time to stay?

Mr. I - Man
07-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Will you have time to stay?

I believe so, just gotta check the wifey's schedule.

I think we are leaving The Chi on the 7th or 8th of August to visit my family in New River and Phoenix and so my wife can go to my sister's bachelorette weekend. Probably start heading back east from AZ on the 14 or 15 .

CO Hummer
07-21-2006, 08:29 PM

I nominate CO Hummer for the exploratory committee. :D

Adam in CO
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I think it'll just be me and Halle and Angelina. Sorry.

CslRkH2
07-22-2006, 04:13 AM
So here's the deal...

Free massage for each
Discounted spa fees

So Adam wins for coming up with a trip that actually appeals to Mrs. CslRkH2!! Are you guys thinking of wheeling at all or just taking it easy to whole time. I would definitely be up for some hiking in that area of the state.

CO Hummer
07-22-2006, 04:22 AM
I would definitely want to wheel some of the passes up there like Blackbear (into Telluride). There is tons of great wheeling around there. Some of it looks easy, some tough.

f5fstop
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Hell of a trip. Wish I could make it.:( Beautiful area, and a ton of off-roads in San Juan County, down by Ouray.

CslRkH2
07-22-2006, 02:50 PM
cls, Kathy and I are hiking tomorrow. A 7 mile hike to Herman Lake. We love hiking and would love company. We wan't to build up and start doing some 14'ners soon.

Keep me in the loop on future hiking trips.

I'm still working on the patio and can't make it this time. :(

CslRkH2
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
I would definitely want to wheel some of the passes up there like Blackbear (into Telluride). There is tons of great wheeling around there. Some of it looks easy, some tough.

Blackbear, isn't that the one with like 200 tight and narrow switchbacks down into Telluride?

We might even catch the Fall colors!

f5fstop
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
I have a pdf file of the brochure, issued by the Ouray Chamber of Commerce, that has a map and lists some of the 4-wheel drive roads in the area. Also includes the description of the roads and rates them from class 2 (moderate) to class 5 (extreme)...no class 1 roads.:D
Just pm me with your emails and I'll be happy to forward the pdf file along, unless someone can tell me how to post it to the website.

Try this link, it should work.....

http://home.comcast.net/~dldever01/San_Juan_Mountains_4x4.pdf

lvs
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
What about the possibility of snow at that time in the higher elevations? Will this be a problem on these trails?

PARAGON
07-24-2006, 04:10 AM
It was an awesome trial,it's already gone to trial...... that was quick

PARAGON
07-24-2006, 04:17 AM
OMG you are unreal. I renamed the pics on the web. Went from picture-?" to HermanGulch-?

Now I am gonna post every one of them for your sorry fat ass.:confused:

PARAGON
07-24-2006, 04:18 AM
OMG you are unreal. I renamed the pics on the web. Went from picture-?" to HermanGulch-?

Now I am gonna post every one of them for your sorry fat ass.:eek:

CslRkH2
09-01-2006, 02:42 AM
So here's the deal...

Free massage for each
Discounted spa fees

Any update on this?