PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Duck Rock Rail Installation

timgco
07-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Anyone do this installation yet? Looking to do this project in two weeks and need advice.

Also, they come with primer, but not PC'd or painted.

Thinking about semi gloss or Duplicolor bed coat. I want them to look good and not have a bunch of rust from rock ships or scrapes from wheelin. ALso need to be able to touch uop and blend easily after off road trips. Any ideas?

NoMoGMPG
07-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Come on, Tim, you know my truck is a rolling RubberDuck4x4 showcase. :D

I painted mine with a low gloss black Rustoleum, it makes for an easy touchup if the mood hits me and it keeps them from rusting when they do get scratched/gouged/banged up.

Feel free to copy my truck.;)

timgco
07-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Come on, Tim, you know my truck is a rolling RubberDuck4x4 showcase. :D

I painted mine with a low gloss black Rustoleum, it makes for an easy touchup if the mood hits me and it keeps them from rusting when they do get scratched/gouged/banged up.

Feel free to copy my truck.;)

Sine your the official RUBBER DUCK EXPERT, does that mean you're going to help me with the installation?:D

BTW- I couldn't copy your truck, I'm only 5'7" and wouldn't be able to get in it. ...maybe after the warranty is gone. ;)

DRTYFN
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Sine your the official RUBBER DUCK EXPERT, does that mean you're going to help me with the installation?:D

BTW- I couldn't copy your truck, I'm only 5'7" and wouldn't be able to get in it. ...maybe after the warranty is gone. ;)

Have you picked out a boost seat yet?;);) I thought you were taller. Personality makes you bigger.:D

If it were my H1 I'd do a good rattle can job on the rails. That way I wouldn't feel as bad as I would after gouging the powdercoating off them.

KenP
07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
BTW- I couldn't copy your truck, I'm only 5'7" and wouldn't be able to get in it. ...maybe after the warranty is gone. ;)Try one of these:

http://www.as-seen-on-tv-store-1.com/images/little-giant-ladder.jpg