PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Jeep Compass Sport

wilfred
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060724/FREE/60712005/1004

"What?s the controversy? For starters, no matter how many times the Jeep marketing folks say the base Compass is ?two-wheel drive,? this is the first front-wheel-drive-based Jeep. Those screams you hear are from the Jeep faithful jumping off a cliff somewhere in Moab.

Then there?s the fact the Compass, despite its tough truck exterior, is a car at heart, built on the same chassis as Caliber, Dodge?s upright small-car replacement for the Neon. Compass doesn?t even try to meet Jeep?s vaunted Trail-Rated off-roading standards. Those moans you hear are from the Jeep faithful slashing their wrists somewhere along the Rubicon.

If that?s not enough, consider this word combination: ?diamond-plate plastic.? It?s enough to make a proud, self-respecting Jeep devotee consider buying a Hummer.":rolleyes:

Vettster
07-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Jeep! :D That ain't no Jeep.
Why don't they just slap a couple of Plymouth badges on and get on with it.
Front wheel drive.........:rolleyes:

Ipedog
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.ne4roc.org/forum/Smileys/classic/sick.gif

Wisha Haddan H3
07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
x100

I hated the concept, but seeing it in production brings the hurls.

Steve - SanJose
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Not good for the Jeep name at all.

S.

DennisAJC
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
So begins the downward spiral of Jeep.

I wonder if they're going to have a Jeep Compass section on Pirate?:D

....Someone should ask.

BlueTJCO
07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Not good for the Jeep name at all.

S.

WTF ever man. Other then the Cherokee (not Grand) the only "true" jeep that any 4x4 enthiusiast is going to buy is the wrangler......Now it is going to be a much more improved wrangler and Jeep has stayed loyal to that customer base which is maybe 5-10%...........The new Grand Cherokee seems to be selling well and it lost is SFA but the "jeep loyalists" seem to be scooping them up:confused:

I'm not saying it is going to be a great selling vehicle but it definately isn't going to hurt the jeep name at all:rolleyes: ...

I think it's a cute little chick car myself..........:)

DennisAJC
07-27-2006, 03:24 AM
The only thing that will redeem Jeep back to superiority.........

:D

Steve - SanJose
07-27-2006, 04:41 AM
The Jeep name is already damaged goods. Why make it worse with CompASS.

S.

wilfred
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
What puzzles me is while GM has been trimming the overlapping models, DCX is working hard at overlapping theirs. On top of this Jeep Compass/Dodge Caliber, isn't there a new Dodge Nitro coming out which is essentially a Jeep Liberty? I don't have a problem with platform sharing as long as they don't compete with each other. But at they way Jeep is going, I wonder why they ever discontinue Plymouth in the first place? What's next? A Jeep Caravan?:D

Ipedog
07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
What's next? A Jeep Caravan?:D

NEW! The all wheel drive Trail (coughMALLcough) Rated Jeep Grand MomMobile! :rolleyes:

Steve - SanJose
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Yea, the worst kind of badge engineering.

S.

Wisha Haddan H3
07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
You can forget about a trail-rated Nitro. It's based on a Liberty chassis, but that's where the resemblance stops. It's supposed to have a "4wd" option, but without an actual 4-lo transfer case, it's really just AWD. Definitely "mall-rated".

wilfred
07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
This gets better, I just found out there is going to be a Jeep Patriot which is also based on the Dodge Caliber:confused: :confused:

usetosellhummer
07-28-2006, 09:35 PM
pray GM does not go there with a Hummer Vue or some sheet