PDA

View Full Version : Need immediate help!!!!

Michael James
02-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Two issues and I will finally be done with this install!!!

1) Onstar: Had to have them relocated. When we did, lost volume. Here is what I know:
a) Green Light flashes
b) Dealer says that the unit is operating correctly, unit is programmed correctly. but there this a minimum amount of ouput (you can't hear it).
c) Volume is up on the original head unit and a speaker was attached.
d) I am enrolled and registered.
e) steering Wheel controls were replaced with PESWIX from Peripheral.

2) The ABS light keeps coming on.. could it be that the stock radio that was relocated is causing this?

Michael James
02-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Two issues and I will finally be done with this install!!!

1) Onstar: Had to have them relocated. When we did, lost volume. Here is what I know:
a) Green Light flashes
b) Dealer says that the unit is operating correctly, unit is programmed correctly. but there this a minimum amount of ouput (you can't hear it).
c) Volume is up on the original head unit and a speaker was attached.
d) I am enrolled and registered.
e) steering Wheel controls were replaced with PESWIX from Peripheral.

2) The ABS light keeps coming on.. could it be that the stock radio that was relocated is causing this?

Lil Devil
02-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Did you change Headunits? I know when I did a similar custom install in my Avalanche, the interface I used to keep onstar and an aftermarket HU had 2 adjustments on it for output level.

I used products from www.go2pac.com (http://www.go2pac.com)

As far as the lights are concerned, I think you might have a loose wire or short and possibly a bad ground. You should check the PESWIX and make sure its grounded properly. These units are particular on how they get their ground.

----
2002 Chevy Avalanche
2002 Chevy Corvette (585 RWHP)
2003 H2 Lux

Big Z
02-28-2003, 04:54 PM
1.) Green light flashing Is Not Normal
2.) Dealer is wrong, should be steady if not in use,
3.) It sounds like you have a couple of crossed wires.
Have you disconnected the battery, for a reset?
Did you have the Battery disconnected when doing the install?

Michael James
02-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Correction:

1. Green light is normally steady..only flashes when you hit it.

2. Yes, battery was disconnected. Yes, did unconnect and reconnect battery.

3. Soundgate is the adapter for the On-Star. Star Mod2.

4. All grounds are correct.

Just not getting any output on the On-Star.

AUBURN H2
02-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Does your new radio have an Aux. input? If so there is no need for adaptor. Simply remove the main circuit board from the factory radio, reconnect it to factory harness, relocate and secure it in dash opening. Add an RCA plug to the left front speaker wire and plug it in to the aux. in on your new headunit.
In your case most likely the unit is working fine, it is the adaptor that you put in. Either it is bad ( not likely) or installed incorectly. It is possible and easy to choose the wrong wires to connect to. A local Car Audio shop should be able to find the problem and fix it very quickly, only a matter of minutes with a good installer, if you will leave the dash apart and accessible.