HummBebe
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Anyone wanna go to Twin Cone?

Dinner Friday Night?

Wheeling Saturday?

I'm in:D

Adam in CO
08-04-2006, 12:29 AM
I have planned on all of the above. I am taking that Friday off and planning on wheeling both days. I thought we were doing the BBQ thing that night at CO's place in Evergreen. We should do Twin Cone and one of the lake trails. Wheeler, BML, Slide, etc.

HummBebe
08-04-2006, 12:53 AM
I have planned on all of the above. I am taking that Friday off and planning on wheeling both days. I thought we were doing the BBQ thing that night at CO's place in Evergreen. We should do Twin Cone and one of the lake trails. Wheeler, BML, Slide, etc.

What about Red Cone???

Wisha Haddan H3
08-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm up for either.

CO Hummer
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
YES - BBQ at my House!

As I told ya Beebs, I have a race on Saturday (8/19) which will probably last until around 1pm (in Winter Park).

I will probably miss the wheeling trip on Saturday but we can all get together at my place on Friday night for BBQ & Beer. How does 5pm sound?

I could likely get off on 8/18 for wheeling, but I don't think you guys are leaving Moab until Friday, right?

HummBebe
08-04-2006, 09:24 PM
YES - BBQ at my House!

As I told ya Beebs, I have a race on Saturday (8/19) which will probably last until around 1pm (in Winter Park).

I will probably miss the wheeling trip on Saturday but we can all get together at my place on Friday night for BBQ & Beer. How does 5pm sound?

I could likely get off on 8/18 for wheeling, but I don't think you guys are leaving Moab until Friday, right?

Yes, we are leaving early Friday morning. I wasn't sure where Red cone was in relation to your place. We could be in the area by 1:00PM.

Now I remember we talked about there being trails in the Winter park area.

Don't we come through there on our way from Moab??

CO Hummer
08-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Yes, we are leaving early Friday morning. I wasn't sure where Red cone was in relation to your place. We could be in the area by 1:00PM.

Now I remember we talked about there being trails in the Winter park area.

Don't we come through there on our way from Moab??

Winter Park is 45 minutes off I-70 on the way to Evergreen. There's not much wheeling up there from that side of the Divide. Red Cone is a ways off, over by Twin Code (hwy 285 west of Pine, CO). Actually, Twin Cone and Red Cone could easily be done in a day. If you do Twin cone on Sat. a.m., then possilbly I could hook with you for Red Cone in the afternoon?

We could do Bill Moore Lake Trail on Friday. It's pretty moderate wheeling, but awesome scenery. It's only 20 minutes from my house.

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=11

timgco
08-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Alan, let us know what you want us to bring.

timgco
08-05-2006, 04:44 PM
BYW- I have a freind flying in on that Sat morning early 8 am. So if we meet around 10 in Baily I can make that or meet up for Red Cone in the afternoon with Alan.

HummBebe
08-06-2006, 01:36 AM
So, are Moonie and Shaggy going to come out???

What about ETD ?

HummBebe
08-07-2006, 10:46 PM
bump

BlueTJCO
08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I will be there for Bill Moore Lake on friday if you all plan that.

On saturday I will run anything......except Red Cone so if you all run that have fun, it's wonderful, but my ass is not running it with my tires in the shape that they are. The Redcone decent would not be fun:eek:

You have to run Bill Moore Lake for sure though..................it is wonderful. Aside from the fact that we all have run it about 100 times I'm sure everyone would agree that it is a great trail. And right next to Bill Moore is Mill Creek.........about 5 minutes away. It has some good little rock obstacles and is a good add on to Bill Moore at the end of the trail...

sooooooooooo, hell yea I'll be there for Bill Moore Lake.......I want you all to see the MooNie in action so you can see how a real Jeeper makes everything look easy.........:D

HummBebe
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Winter Park is 45 minutes off I-70 on the way to Evergreen. There's not much wheeling up there from that side of the Divide. Red Cone is a ways off, over by Twin Code (hwy 285 west of Pine, CO). Actually, Twin Cone and Red Cone could easily be done in a day. If you do Twin cone on Sat. a.m., then possilbly I could hook with you for Red Cone in the afternoon?

We could do Bill Moore Lake Trail on Friday. It's pretty moderate wheeling, but awesome scenery. It's only 20 minutes from my house.

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=11

Is the Quality Suites in Evergreen our best place to stay Friday night?

CO Hummer
08-14-2006, 07:07 AM
Is the Quality Suites in Evergreen our best place to stay Friday night?

see PM.

CO Hummer
08-14-2006, 07:18 AM
OK, Here's the deal..........

I'm IN for doing Bill Moore on Friday. I'm likely out for doing anything on Sat. PM (don't think the timing is going to work out). We could plan on meeting over at the Quality Suites off Hwy 70 at 1pmish? Then, head up to Bill Moore, and after that head to my place.

I need a list of who's coming over.

So far:

Beebster & Family (wheeling BM-yes, my house-yes)
Tim & Kira (wheeling BM-?, my house-yes)
Moonie (wheeling MB-yes, my house-?)

Who else? I need list to PM with directions to my place.

CO Hummer
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
UPDATED FRIDAY LIST:

Alec & Tori, maybe Kathy 9 (wheeling BM-yes, my house-yes)

Adam in CO
08-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I will go wheeling and Liz and the kids will come to dinner.

CO Hummer
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
UPDATED FRIDAY LIST:

Adam & Liz and Kids (wheeling BM-yes/adam only, my house-yes)

CslRkH2
08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
UPDATED FRIDAY LIST:

I'm out for Friday....In for Saturday

timgco
08-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Where's:

UPNOVRU?
H2ZRESQ?
Shaggy?
The guy that had the blue H3 last time?
John guy that is a DJ with the H2?

Saturday should be a big group1 It's not every day that we have such COOL:cool: West Coast people coming out to join us. ;)

CslRkH2
08-16-2006, 02:15 AM
What time on Saturday?

timgco
08-16-2006, 04:25 AM
What time on Saturday?

I hope 9:30ish. at the trailhead. I have to pick up a friend from DIA at 8:30.

CO Hummer
08-16-2006, 05:11 AM
I hope 9:30ish. at the trailhead. I have to pick up a friend from DIA at 8:30.

You're gonna make from it DIA to the Twin Cone trailhead in an hour? You'll have to drive approximately 120 mph to make that work. :eek:

CO Hummer
08-16-2006, 05:12 AM
UPDATED FRIDAY LIST:

Alec & Tori, maybe Kathy (wheeling BM-yes, my house-yes)
Joel (Wheeling BM-yes, my house-??)

Adam in CO
08-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Are we meeting in Empire on Friday? What time? We should meet there for lunch, eh?

CO Hummer
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Are we meeting in Empire on Friday? What time? We should meet there for lunch, eh?

I'll call Bebe today and try to figure that out. Need to see what time she'll make it here by. She's staying in Evergreen, so it might be easier to meet up here near the I-70 exit. Not sure we can all make it in time for lunch.

timgco
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll call Bebe today and try to figure that out. Need to see what time she'll make it here by. She's staying in Evergreen, so it might be easier to meet up here near the I-70 exit. Not sure we can all make it in time for lunch.

Alan since we arer grillin at your house, I expect that you will be making lunch also. I would like to pre order my meal now.

I'll start with an appetizer:

please make polenta with tomatoe mushroom sauce. Make sure not to burn the bread and to use thin sliced mushrooms.

Also please pick out a nice red wine....not too dry though.

Main lunch:

Please make sure that my wine has had time to breathe before serving lunch,

I'd like my beef tenderloin medium with a side of roasted shallots. Marrinate the beef in a a nice red/ wine sauce. Please call me for the recipe so you can have this marinating over 8 - 10 hour time.

I'd like a table facing west and prefer outside seating but shaded. Please understand that I want my CO HUMMER dinning experience to be perfect. I am good freinds with one of the editors to the 5280 magazine and I will give afull review to their dinning section.

Thank you and please let me know if my party of three will be ready by noon.

CO Hummer
08-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Alan since we arer grillin at your house, I expect that you will be making lunch also. I would like to pre order my meal now.

I'll start with an appetizer:

please make placenta with tomatoe mushroom sauce.....

OK, no problem tim. But where do I buy placenta? And are do eat or not eat the cord?
Ask Tom Cruise:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=383403&in_page_id=1773

CO Hummer
08-16-2006, 07:08 PM
UPDATED FRIDAY PLANS:

We will wheel Bill Moore Lake Trail on Friday, then head over to my house for beer and food. It is possilbe that a tube step auction may take place, so bring cash or major credit cards.

MEET AT THE QUALITY SUITES IN EVERGREEN AT 1PM
->Right off Hwy 70 at the Evergreen Exit, next to El Rancho restaurant (Exit #252 coming westbound or #251 coming eastbound)

The IN list:

Adam in CO
08-17-2006, 03:42 PM
So, who wants to meet for lunch tomorrow?

Adam in CO
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
UPDATED FRIDAY PLANS:

We will wheel Bill Moore Lake Trail on Friday, then head over to my house for beer and food. It is possilbe that a tube step auction may take place, so bring cash or major credit cards.

->Right off Hwy 70 at the Evergreen Exit, next to El Rancho restaurant (Exit #252 coming westbound or #251 coming eastbound)

The IN list:

BTW, I think Neil and his wife and kids are coming.

BlueTJCO
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
So, who wants to meet for lunch tomorrow?

what are you buying?

Adam in CO
08-17-2006, 03:45 PM
what are you buying?

For you, I will buy....

Four whole fried chickens and a coke.

CO Hummer
08-17-2006, 04:08 PM
BTW, I think Neil and his wife and kids are coming.

Cool!

Moonie - Are you in or not?

Adam in CO
08-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Are we really going to run BML in 4 hours or so?

BlueTJCO
08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm in for the wheeling........

I have some plans for friday night, but I'll be there to wheel.

Alan, thanks for the invite!

And let me get back to you at the end of the day today about the tires.

BlueTJCO
08-17-2006, 04:18 PM

I was going to suggest we meet earlier but I'm guessing that doesn't work for some people.......

CO Hummer
08-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I was going to suggest we meet earlier but I'm guessing that doesn't work for some people.......

The Beebster is driving in from Moab in the morning, so earlier isn't going to work. Plus, Adam has his arraignment that morning, so that's an issue too.

CO Hummer
08-17-2006, 04:22 PM
And let me get back to you at the end of the day today about the tires.

No problem, no rush. You until 8/25! :)

CO Hummer
08-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. 1 hrs traveling back and forth. 3 hours on the trail. Seems reasonable I think. But if someone breaks a tie rod.......... :D

I don't think we even need to air down for this trail.

BlueTJCO
08-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. 1 hrs traveling back and forth. 3 hours on the trail. Seems reasonable I think. But if someone breaks a tie rod.......... :D

I don't think we even need to air down for this trail.

Prob not, but you would for Mill Creek at the end of the day;)

CslRkH2
08-18-2006, 03:06 AM
So what time on Saturday? :D

CO Hummer
08-18-2006, 04:35 AM
UPDATED FRIDAY PLANS:

Some of you have asked about bringing something. The answer is NO. We have all the food, beer, and wine that we need. Brats, Burgers, Hot Dogs and stuff are on the menu. If you want to grill some other speciality item, bring it. But we're totally covered, so you don't need to bring anything.

timgco
08-19-2006, 03:45 AM
So what time on Saturday? :D

9:30 Baily gas station