PDA

View Full Version : I am going to have my....

h2co-pilot
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
back adjusted this afternoon by a Chiropractor.

Does it hurt- is it crackley? What are they going to dew to me? I'm skeered.

I went for the consult yesterday. So wha happuns?

Yetti
08-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I used to have a good chiro, he died and the guy they got to replace him blew out a disk in my neck. DO not let anyone bend you in a way that you feel pain. use your best judgement

HummerHippy
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Have had a few adjustments. Doesn't hurt. Just relax and don't fight it. Yes, you'll hear crackily sounds. No worries.

I think part of the healing feeling comes from being in a place where you can actually relax the muscles. Give it a few adjustments see if you feel any better.

usetosellhummer
08-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Do some research on-line if you can make sure your doctor is not a quack offering free tickets to something for acident victums. I say one for the first time 8 months ago and man he worked wonders. relax don't think! then it's all over and you will feel better if not in hours in a couple days

h2co-pilot
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I used to have a good chiro, he died and the guy they got to replace him blew out a disk in my neck. DO not let anyone bend you in a way that you feel pain. use your best judgement

:eek:

Thanx guys.:)

This is a husband/wife practice. They were recommended and there wasn't any accident literature in the waiting room. Good signs hopefully.

It is all experimental, as being a very scientific person and medically inclined I have always had my doubts, but I have a small curvature and am hoping to prevent further warping and get some stretching/excercise advice. So I don't have future problems.

But I tense up and laugh whenever I try to get someone to crack my back- it has never happened- or even rub it- I die laughing. It shall be interesting.

usetosellhummer
08-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Is that befroe or after any booze. see if he has a machine that stretches your back. My doc has this table you lay on taht kneeds your back like dough. Yo may not laugh on it. (no human)

PARAGON
08-04-2006, 03:07 PM
:eek:

Thanx guys.:)

This is a husband/wife practice. They were recommended and there wasn't any accident literature in the waiting room. Good signs hopefully.

It is all experimental, as being a very scientific person and medically inclined I have always had my doubts, but I have a small curvature and am hoping to prevent further warping and get some stretching/excercise advice. So I don't have future problems.

But I tense up and laugh whenever I try to get someone to crack my back- it has never happened- or even rub it- I die laughing. It shall be interesting.PM DocHummer

There is a place for both chiro and traditional physicians. The problem occured when you had some chiros suggest that you don't ever need to seek help from your GP and should never get ill if you see the chiro.

IMO, everyone should at least visit a chiro once. But, it has to be one that someone you trust, trusts. Adjustments do not stop you from getting a cold, the flu or whatever, but they do help with your health and well-being.

Agriv8r
08-04-2006, 03:49 PM
my sister did it and swears by them..says her pain/problems are all gone:D

CO Hummer
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM

I know three people that died at the chiropractor and one that is now in a wheelchair for life.

usetosellhummer
08-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Really 3 people? Their are the witch doctors out there, good ones require a little hunting (not in the yellow pages)

2-H2's
08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
GO...you'll never regret it or at least I haven't. You'll be a little stiff or sore for a day or two after your first chiro adjustment, but it's well worth it IMHO

I have a great chiro & as p-gon mentioned they should work closely with my GP. It has kept me from having back surgery to date. However, if I ever need the back surgery, both dr.'s recommended the same surgeon :D

All of our family goes at least once a month for an adjustment, very relaxing.

ShaggyX
08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Just a thought...you might want to look into getting a Myofascial Release done as well. If your back is out of wack...odds are it is your muscles pulling it that way. The Chiro will re-allign everything but the muscles will eventually start pulling again. With a Myofascial Release they basically feel for any trouble spots (small bumps in your muscles) and push on them basically as hard as they can until the bump goes away.

My Sister does it for family in her free time (is an OT...so she does have medically schooling to back it up) and everyone that she has done it to swears by it. Just be warned...depending on how bad your muscles are it will hurt like hell if they do it right. My sister brings tears to her Husbands eyes when she does it for him (he is a tractor mechanic...so he is hard on his back)...and he is a tough guy.

Just my .02

Edit... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_Release

HummerNewbie
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
CP,

You do know that you can not go wheeling for three years after a visit to a chiro don't you :( ;)

usetosellhummer
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Massage thearpy maybe

CO Hummer
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
My Sister does it for family in her free time (is an OT...so she does have medically schooling to back it up) and everyone that she has done it to swears by it. Just be warned...depending on how bad your muscles are it will hurt like hell if they do it right. My sister brings tears to her Husbands eyes when she does it for him (he is a tractor mechanic...so he is hard on his back)...and he is a tough guy.

Note to self: Remember to crash the Shaggy family reunion and watch them beat the heck out of each other. Much fun.

KenP
08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
My Sister does the men in the family in her free time (is a professional call girl...so she does have blowjob schooling to back it up) and everyone that she has done it to swears by her technique. Just be warned...depending on how bad your balls smell it will hurt like hell if she does it right. My sister brings tears to my father's eyes when she does it for him (he is a tractor mechanic...so he has stinky, sweaty balls)...and he is a tough guy.Fizzed and sorry to hear, Shag. I guess you all are from West Virginia.:eek:

ShaggyX
08-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Fizzed and sorry to hear, Shag. I guess you all are from West Virginia.:eek:Wow...now that was a cheap shot. :(

Edit...call me a pansy or whatever, but that post really bugs me. Saying sh1t like that about my sister. Fcuk you. I think I am done here for a while.

KenP
08-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow...now that was a cheap shot. :(

Edit...call me a pansy or whatever, but that post really bugs me. Saying sh1t like that about my sister. Fcuk you. I think I am done here for a while.An obvious joke. Oh wait. You've been out of the loop, maybe you didn't catch it.:rolleyes:

See ya.

h2co-pilot
08-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Sux your such a whiney baby Shag....:(

But thanks for the info. I'll look into it.:)

DennisAJC
08-04-2006, 05:24 PM
CP / SWCGS,

Chiropractor will do wonders. Just relax when he directs you to. Don't tense up.

I would try massage therapy or acupressure first.

PARAGON
Wow...now that was a cheap shot. :(

Edit...call me a pansy or whatever, but that post really bugs me. Saying sh1t like that about my sister. Fcuk you. I think I am done here for a while.hahahahahah............. yo' momma, too. you stupid putz

Edit: Pansy or whatever

ShaggyX
Sux your such a whiney baby Shag....:(

But thanks for the info. I'll look into it.:)A whiney baby? Saying sh1t like that about my sister is just wrong.

Harass me all you want...but there is no need to say something like that about my family...especially when I was trying to be helpful.

DennisAJC
08-04-2006, 05:27 PM
STFU Shaggy. If you can't eat it, don't dish it. Now go! SHOO!

This thread is about CP/SWCGS's trip to the chiropractor not about you.

PARAGON
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
STFU Shaggy. If you can't eat it, don't dish it. Now go! SHOO!

This thread is about CP/SWCGS's trip to the chiropractor not about you.no, it's now about Shaggy's prostitute sister.

DennisAJC
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
no, it's now about Shaggy's prostitute sister.

HAHAHA!!!!!:D

h2co-pilot
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
SWCGS's

What?

PARAGON
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
What?Who Cuts Grass Short

h2co-pilot
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
:D:D:D

CO Hummer
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Who Cuts Grass Short

haahahaahhaha!

DennisAJC
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
She Who Cuts Grass Short:p :D :D :D

Mrs.ssippi
08-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey, it's all good. My sister is a prostitute. That is how I went to college. It's okay. :D

Mr. I - Man
08-04-2006, 06:23 PM
back adjusted this afternoon by a Chiropractor.

I went for the consult yesterday. So wha happuns?

Don't forget to pay extra for the Happy Ending !

Its worth it!;)

timgco
08-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Is it me? Or are some on this forum wound up so tight, they may need some other type of release done?

DAmn!:rolleyes:

BTW_ Way to scalp the lawn CP. :eek:

KenP
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
My mommy does the men in the family in her free time (was a professional call girl...so she does have blowjob schooling to back it up) and everyone that she has done it to swears by her technique. Just be warned...depending on how bad your balls smell it will hurt like hell if she does it right. My mommy brings tears to my eyes when she does it for me (I sit at a desk all day...so I have stinky, sweaty balls)...and I'm a tough guy.

Just my .02You're right. I fixed it.:rolleyes:

KenP
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Is it me? Or are some on this forum wound up so tight, they may need some other type of release done?

DAmn!:rolleyes:

BTW_ Way to scalp the lawn CP. :eek:No kidding... On ALL counts.:rolleyes:

Agriv8r
08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
chiropractor...prostitute sister...short grasss....whinny asss...nope you can never tell where a thread will end up:cool:

Steve - SanJose
08-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Even OT goes OT. But good luck on the back adjustment. Never had it done myself.

S.

Bully13
08-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Just follow the instructions and relax. The wife has had it done. She is great now.

Donkey_Kong
08-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey Donky ****, Why don't you post some pics of your rig or some offroad pics, you worthless AE

Like your gravel off-road sleep inducing gay videos? Naw.

Bully13
08-05-2006, 01:31 AM
:confused:

Donkey_Kong
08-05-2006, 01:31 AM
And oh yeah.... Don't feel bad Shaggy. I've been a Jigalo for years. No shame in what your family does.

What's a Jigalo? Is that a gigolo that only sucks cock??

h2co-pilot
08-05-2006, 02:51 AM
OMFG!

I have never felt better- EVER!

I have just been sitting here, smiling ear to ear and laughing to myself. It is absolutley amazing.:cool: I am in no pain whatsoever, no pressure no nothing- light as a fart.;)

It was a woman and she uses an adjuster. No crazy cracking or anything. She just did some reflexology thing on my feet, felt my spine and adjusted each vertebrae. So freaking awesome. Glad I did it. Going back Tuesday.:D:D:D

Bully13
08-05-2006, 03:17 AM
YAY!!! Now go make some smores and celebrate :D

h2co-pilot
08-05-2006, 03:35 AM
I might.:)

Did I tell you how awesome they were the other night?

I took your advice- Chocolate and graham in the Microwave and the marshmallow over the gas burner on a fork. Holey Moley......:D:D

Yeah, I prolly will.:)

ETD
08-05-2006, 05:13 AM
It was a woman and she uses an adjuster. No crazy cracking or anything. She just did some reflexology thing on my feet, felt my spine and adjusted each vertebrae. So freaking awesome. Glad I did it. Going back Tuesday.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. First they make you feel good all over then they start with the crap that spinal manipulaton can cure ulcers and kidney stones and cancer :mad: :mad: :mad:

When they start that, don't forget to tell them to STFU and go back to making your back feels better...

(Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Massage GOOD. Claiming that massage cures diseases BAD:cool: )

evldave
08-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. First they make you feel good all over then they start with the crap that spinal manipulaton can cure ulcers and kidney stones and cancer :mad: :mad: :mad:

When they start that, don't forget to tell them to STFU and go back to making your back feels better...

(Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Massage GOOD. Claiming that massage cures diseases BAD:cool: )

x2, and don't forget the most common profession to default on their college student loans is chiropractitioners. Been there, done that. It's like loss leaders at Wally World - make you feel good for cheap the first time, then rape you on everything else.

CP-glad you had a good time, hope you get a good follow-up, but watch for the sales pitch...

dochummer
08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you CP! Feel free to PM if you have any questions. :)

h2co-pilot
08-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks Doc.:)

No, I at this point I can't scientifically see how it would prevent viruses or the like. However, I can see how proper spinal alignment can help your body achieve optimum homeostasis (for lack of a better term) or in my case the manipulation can prevent further curvature. I live in the city of the Edgar Cayce Foundation. So the debate has been well thought through.;)

If a treatment makes sense to me I do it- or at least try it for awhile.

For instance- All the new medical findings of antioxidant advantages and the link with brightly colored fruits and vegetables have been in the homeopathic world forever. But then again, common sense tells you that those things are natural for a human being to find and eat and can be nothing but good for you anyway. We always do so well in feeding our pets what they would eat in thier natural environment but some people never give thought to what we would eat in ours. Though I appreciate a nummy treat here and there. Point being- there are lots of philosophies and I think them through regardless of their origin- but science is always good.

Furthermore, the mind has a tremendous influence on your health (placebo effect in example) so I'm going with whatever I think works at this point.;)

In other words, (what a freaky rant?!-sorry :D) I can easily tune out anything weird.

dochummer
08-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Bottom line, every profession has their share of bad apples...it's only the ignorant people who assume the whole profession is like that...

PARAGON
08-06-2006, 01:23 AM
x2, and don't forget the most common profession to default on their college student loans is chiropractitioners. Been there, done that. It's like loss leaders at Wally World - make you feel good for cheap the first time, then rape you on everything else.

CP-glad you had a good time, hope you get a good follow-up, but watch for the sales pitch...ED, just more ignorance. You seem to find it easy to state things that are simply not truth as though they are the simple fact.

Fact was the most common default of loans was of students while still in college was chiros. Not just across the board default of any profession.

It also had the highest attrition rate in the healthcare industry during school. Says nothing about the profession, except that in the late 90's the average GPA for the average applicate was below 3.0 while all other healthcare professions held averages around 3.5.

I've rounded stuff and might not be exact, but I am much more on target and can 100% guarantee I am more knowledgeable in this subject that you and maybe even Doc. I have to know these things. If it was a fact that chiros defaulted on their loans after they started practicing, that would severely limit my business.

There's a difference between chumps dropping out of school and not paying their school loans and "the most common profession to default on their college student loans is chiropractitioners"

Jesus Christ
08-06-2006, 03:24 AM

KenP
08-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Never been a fan of chiro's. Sure I've played many rounds with one, cards many times with another and even wheeled with one, but never believed it.

Then CP came home after her appointment and a couple hours later was happy as a pig in mud. Honestly, I can see the difference in her posture. She's making me an appointment for next week.:D

I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the Chiro's.:)

dochummer
08-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Never been a fan of chiro's. Sure I've played many rounds with one, cards many times with another and even wheeled with one, but never believed it.

Then CP came home after her appointment and a couple hours later was happy as a pig in mud. Honestly, I can see the difference in her posture. She's making me an appointment for next week.:D

I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the Chiro's.:)

Anybody I know? ;)

PARAGON
08-06-2006, 03:35 PM

I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the Chiro's.:)It's human nature to dislike things we don't understand.

Look at aliens and UFO's :D

Jim_Cantore
08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
What's a Jigalo? Is that a gigolo that only sucks cock??

Bad Monkey.

Tis a gigalo that only sucks Jigs, Silly. ;)

ETD
08-06-2006, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=KenP Then CP came home after her appointment and a couple hours later was happy as a pig in mud. Honestly, I can see the difference in her posture.
[/QUOTE]

Do we take your word on it or will you post PICS, PICS, PICS

Please? :D

KenP
08-07-2006, 04:09 AM
It's human nature to dislike things we don't understand.

Look at aliens and UFO's :DYeah. I really don't like those little buggers either.;)

KenP
08-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Do we take your word on it or will you post PICS, PICS, PICS

Please? :DBite Me!!;)

ETD
08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Bite Me!!;)

I guessed that's a NO.
:D

PackerFever
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I know three people that died at the chiropractor and one that is now in a wheelchair for life.

Note to Self, do not go to this Chiropractor.

Agriv8r
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
:rolleyes:

h2co-pilot
08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Anybody I know? ;)

I dunno, he looks like this but may have changed his hair. He is the one on the left.;)

h2co-pilot
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
I went again today. Mmm hmm... :D:cool:

http://www.cadetstuff.org/images/snap_crackle_pop.gifNice trippy.:D

dochummer
08-09-2006, 03:51 AM
Note to Self, do not go to this Chiropractor.

x2 :)

dochummer
08-09-2006, 03:52 AM
I dunno, he looks like this but may have changed his hair. He is the one on the left.;)

Looks like the one on the right forgot his diaper.... :eek::D

lance-n
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
We have a great Chiropractor here in Cabo. He used to be the chiropractor for the Raiders Team. He retired and moved down here a couple years ago, then opened a small office with limited hours for chiropractic service.

I have used Chiripractors in the past and had some limited relief, but was always nervous about them injuring me by making the wrong adjustment. I am a desk jockey and experience back and neck pain flare ups all the time. This Chiropractor is super gentle, non invasive and has really helped me keep me aligned and virtually pain free. This guy really knows what he is doing and does so in a gentle, soft spoken manner. His office is only open a few hours per day and takes no appointments, so sometimes there is a decent wait. He charges a donation of $10 per visit and specifically does not monitor the donation box, so anybody that needs chiropractic service can get it from him, regardless of whether or not they can afford it.

This guy is a model citizen that provides an excellent service to our community in an unselfish manner.
If you are ever in Cabo, look him up: ROBERT JAY SMITH CHIROPRACTIC