PDA

View Full Version : Bye, bye Lieberman

KenP
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, he's a Dem from the North-East, but he's still a good guy. Looks like the Dems are getting what they want.:rolleyes: :(

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x11362.xml?ReleaseID=943
August 3, 2006 - Lamont Leads Lieberman 54 - 41 In Dem Primary, Quinnipiac University Connecticut Poll Finds; Malloy Gains Some Ground In Governor's Primary Momentum for Ned Lamont, the anti-war Connecticut U.S. Senate candidate, increases as he rolls to a 54 - 41 percent lead over incumbent Sen. Joseph Lieberman among likely Democratic primary voters, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
This compares to a 51 - 47 percent Lamont lead among likely Democratic primary voters in a July 20 poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University.
In this latest survey, 5 percent of likely Democratic primary voters remain undecided, but 85 percent of voters say their mind is made up.
Among Lamont supporters, 65 percent say their vote is mainly against Lieberman.

MarineHawk
08-04-2006, 04:49 PM
From what I've heard, while he will lose the Dem nomination fight, if he runs as an independent (which he apparently plans to do), he wins the general election in a landslide. This because a large portion of the Conn electorate is unaffiliated with either party, they are generally moderate, and many of them and many Republicans and Dems will vote for him. I hope this happens, because, though a Dem, I too appreciate Lieberman's non-paretisan support for the President in the war. If this happens, though the GOP won't gain a Senate seat, the Dems will lose one.:D

Mr. I - Man
08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Mel Gibson is in some way behind this.:D :D :D

or

Is it just the Tequila talking????

KenP
08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
From what I've heard, while he will lose the Dem nomination fight, if he runs as an independent (which he apparently plans to do), he wins the general election in a landslide. This because a large portion of the Conn electorate is unaffiliated with either party, they are generally moderate, and many of them and many Republicans and Dems will vote for him. I hope this happens, because, though a Dem, I too appreciate Lieberman's non-paretisan support for the President in the war. If this happens, though the GOP won't gain a Senate seat, the Dems will lose one.:DI wouldn't rule him out. He's a good honest man, unlike so many others on the hill.

f5fstop
08-04-2006, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't rule him out. He's a good honest man, unlike so many others on the hill.

I agree; something that frightens the ultra liberals like Kerry, Billary, Pilosi, etc., and a few republicans too.

GeorgeSSSS
08-04-2006, 11:49 PM
He is an honorable man.
He is doomed as a Democrat in this primary election.

George SSSS