PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bar?

dochummer
08-07-2006, 11:15 PM
So, I've been hearing a clunking noise coming from the back-end of the rig for a few months now...usually when I go over a speed bump, or backing out of the driveway...I thought it was just fuel moving around in the fuel tank until i figured I'd check it out. I found that the bolt connecting the sway bar(?) was backed out about half way along the threads and I'm pretty sure that is what's been making the noise (#1). The other concern however was the connector on the right side, it looks like an 'O' but has an open end on it. On the left side, the ends are touching, on the right, it's actually opened a little - forming a 'C' (#2). Anybody know if it's normal to slightly open like that? And...do I need to lift the rear end before I tighten down the loose bolt on the left side?

dochummer
08-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks Phil. I guess I'll crawl under there and check everything else out while I'm at it... :)

ROX
08-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Check for empty baby bottles in the side compartment in the back, too.

Really:D

LoLo
08-08-2006, 04:22 AM
I have had a similar "clunk" noise from the back of my truck for some time, now... will have to look tomorrow (when it is light!) to see if that is my problem, too! Thanks for the info...

dochummer
08-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Check for empty baby bottles in the side compartment in the back, too.

Really:D

For your information, the little nook for the windshield wiper below the windshield, is NOT a good place to put a bottle. They tend to "fly" away from you. :)

dochummer
08-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Phil, you'll be running the Rubicon with us right? Maybe you can take a quick look then... :D

I just finished tightening the sway bar. Just used two crecent wrenches... I'll see if that takes care of the clunking tomorrow...