PDA

View Full Version : The flag flies high

hmrlvr
08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Quick story, I inspected a certain hotel today in Culver City near the Culver Studios. The building was built in 1924 and has a quite a history. While walking the building, looking at old pictures. I noticed a few pictures of the hotel from back in the day (thats sometime ago). The pictures show a flag mounted on the large flagpole on the roof. Today, no flag. When I got to the roof, what do I see? An American flag rolled up and shoved in a bucket.:mad: My co-worker and myself unrolled it from it's ball, hooked it on the rope, and up it went.:D So any locals, driving by the hotel, you know the one, look up and smile, the flag is back. God Bless America.:)

Steve - SanJose
08-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Excellent, looks like it belongs there.

S.

KenP
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
That's awesome!

Did you have a word or two with Management?:mad:

hmrlvr
08-09-2006, 12:46 AM
That's awesome!

Did you have a word or two with Management?:mad:

They didn't speak much english:cool:

KenP
08-09-2006, 12:47 AM
They didn't speak much english:cool:Patel.;)

DRTYFN
08-09-2006, 01:04 AM
They didn't speak much english:cool:
I hope they don't get deported.:D

Maybe you should let the local news station know about this. Nice human interest story.

h2co-pilot
08-09-2006, 02:35 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

dochummer
08-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Technically, is it disrespectful to put it in a bucket? I know it's not supposed to touch the ground.... I guess when you take it down, it should be folded properly, not just thrown in a bucket.... :mad: Paragon? anybody?

DDWH
08-09-2006, 03:58 AM
very nice!:cool: :cool:

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 04:02 AM
Technically, is it disrespectful to put it in a bucket? I know it's not supposed to touch the ground.... I guess when you take it down, it should be folded properly, not just thrown in a bucket.... :mad: Paragon? anybody?sort of a contextual thing. If it was rolled up for storage and the storage happened to be a bucket there. No big deal.

It's not to fly at night unless lit, so someone should be taking it down each evening and putting it back up in the am. Burn it with respect and honor to properly dispose of it once it has weather to the point it is no longer serving as it should

hmrlvr
08-09-2006, 04:49 AM
sort of a contextual thing. If it was rolled up for storage and the storage happened to be a bucket there. No big deal.

It's not to fly at night unless lit, so someone should be taking it down each evening and putting it back up in the am. Burn it with respect and honor to properly dispose of it once it has weather to the point it is no longer serving as it should

I didn't add, so I will now, the two flood lights which were meant to light it were loose and laying on the roof. The lights were on though. We secured them and pointed them as best we could at it so It would be lit;)