PDA

View Full Version : We have a new pet...

Mrs.ssippi
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
It is a snake. I found it under some leaves when I was working in the yard. I wanted my 5 year old to see it so I picked up a stick and the snake wrapped around it and I put it in her bug box. She and Paragon caught some crickets out in the yard to feed it this morning. I really don't like snakes but my want for her to see it out weighed my fear. And I'm really a chicken sh!t! Oh and we have it in the house. :eek: :D :eek:

KenP
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Children terrified as python eats boyNovember 25 2002
By Jane Flanagan
Johannesburg

A six-metre African rock python has eaten a boy near Durban - the first recorded "man-eating" incident for the species.
For three hours other children hid up mango trees near the township of Lamontville, too terrified to flee, as the snake first trapped the 10-year-old and squeezed the life out of him, then swallowed him whole.
Police and snake experts found no trace of the child, or his clothing. They found nothing but flattened grass and a trail leading down to a stream.
The incident last week prompted widespread panic among the township's 50,000 residents and great fascination among herpetologists across the country.
Eleven-year-old Khaye Buthelezi, who saw the extraordinary attack, was persuaded to revisit the site on Saturday. I'll say it again:

Don't bring your pets here!!!

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 08:02 PM
This would be about a 1/3rd meter garter snake that likes earthworms......

....... and canadian

geese.;)

DRTYFN
08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Pictures?

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Pictures?the python, crickets, daughter, canadian, geese or garter snake?

I took a guess.;)

2-H2's
08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Now, you're gonna need to get Mr. or Mrs. snake some cool glasses :eek:

Them rocks are blinding ME :D ;)

Mrs.ssippi
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM

Them rocks are blinding ME :D ;)
I like my snake with some bling! That could be taken bad but trust me Paragon does not have any bling on his snake. :D .
You know my 5 year old, those rocks are right up her alley. So girly. :p

2-H2's
08-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Is that snake...going into the witness protection program when yawl go on vacation later this month. I'd bet he would love VA this time of year :eek: ;)

Ken...CP...???:D ;)

Mrs.ssippi
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Is that snake...going into the witness protection program when yawl go on vacation later this month. I'd bet he would love VA this time of year :eek: ;)

Ken...CP...???

I want to drink in peace, the BIG dog will go to "doggie school" (thats what our 5 yr old calls it) and we will throw alittle feed in the tank for the fish and snake and the hermit crab. We left Corpus Christi with 4 hermit crabs and now we are down to one. Yeahh! Yeahhh! Anyway the snake will stay here. I want to get invited back to ken and CP's and if I don't have fun I will tell them I did bring the snake with us and.... nevermind they read things on here. ;) :D

Big Z
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I LUV Snakes!.........................TO DEATH! :) ...They Get Two Rounds!...Time to teach the 5'er what snake loads can DO!..........And Gun Contrl Of Course! :D

KenP
08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
I like my snake with some bling! That could be taken bad but trust me Paragon does not have any bling on his snake. :D . That's not what you said in Tellico after Paragon went to bed and you got all liquored up!:eek:

I figured that with this cute little thread title that kids would see this so I was very careful in choosing the pic of this "dog muzzle".;)

http://www.sexshopmdx.com/photos_produits/cockrings/3400_300_penis_ring_cuir_et_metal.jpg

DRTYFN
08-09-2006, 09:40 PM
the python, crickets, daughter, canadian, geese or garter snake?

I took a guess.;)

Nice snake. Different coloring than our garter snakes.

CO Hummer
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
She and Paragon caught some crickets out in the yard...

Does she call him Dad or Paragon? :D :D :D

Nice snake btw. Obviously Paragon is trying compensate....:rolleyes: :D

KenP
08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Thats what the H2 is for.:eek:

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I LUV Snakes!.........................TO DEATH! :) ...They Get Two Rounds!...Time to teach the 5'er what snake loads can DO!..........And Gun Contrl Of Course! :D She already knows which ones to shoot and which to leave alone or catch and play with;)

She and I was on the ATV when we saw a King Snake chasing a Copperhead and we stopped and watched the King swallow the Copperhead without much fuss.

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 11:07 PM

Them rocks are blinding ME :D ;)those rocks are from South Texas:D

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 11:08 PM
That's not what you said in Tellico after Paragon went to bed and you got all liquored up!:eek:

I figured that with this cute little thread title that kids would see this so I was very careful in choosing the pic of this "dog muzzle".;)

looks like a snake collar;)

PARAGON
08-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Does she call him Dad or Paragon? :D :D :D

Nice snake btw. Obviously Paragon is trying compensate....:rolleyes: :DThat's not a snake.....

This is a snake.

timgco
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
So you and your daughter play with that thing? Does it have fangs? Does it try to bite you? Looks big! nice rocks!:D

DennisAJC
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
That's not a snake.....

This is a snake.

I remember that snake. Do you still have the full body shot? Didn't that thing swallow a pig or calf?

DRTYFN
08-10-2006, 12:11 AM
I remember that snake. Do you still have the full body shot? Didn't that thing swallow a pig or calf?
A Northern Messican.:D

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 01:42 AM
So you and your daughter play with that thing? Does it have fangs? Does it try to bite you? Looks big! nice rocks!:DIt's cool. It doesn't have fangs. It'll strike every now and then but it can't get ahold of anything.

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
I remember that snake. Do you still have the full body shot? Didn't that thing swallow a pig or calf?do a search, noob:rolleyes: ;)

it's stored on here somewhere. That's where I found the other by searching for snake and my name.

Geraldo
08-10-2006, 01:51 AM
May I do a story on this snake? I'm sure my loyal followers would love this story of the snakenapping and it's environmental impact on the imidiate surroundings.

Did I also read you crabnapped some Hermit's from TX? That's not good either and we can delve into that. The Hermit's have lived in TX for many generations and have never wondered beyond it's borders. Several of them, Bobby Lee and Mary Alice, are friends of mine.

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 01:57 AM
May I do a story on this snake? I'm sure my loyal followers would love this story of the snakenapping and it's environmental impact on the imidiate surroundings.

Did I also read you crabnapped some Hermit's from TX? That's not good either and we can delve into that. The Hermit's have lived in TX for many generations and have never wondered beyond it's borders. Several of them, Bobby Lee and Mary Alice, are friends of mine.I just shot 'em because you said that.

h2co-pilot
08-10-2006, 12:52 PM
It doesn't look like a garter, had to do the research to make sure you guys aren't letting "A" raise a poisonous viper ;). It looks like a smooth or rough earth snake?

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.pitt.edu/~mcs2/herp/snake.pics/virginia_valeria.jpg&sig=__BVS4CNbUj-VVivZKswuUJttEQ2I=

Snakes are so nasty, I can't believe you guys.

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 01:28 PM
It doesn't look like a garter, had to do the research to make sure you guys aren't letting "A" raise a poisonous viper ;). It looks like a smooth or rough earth snake?

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.pitt.edu/~mcs2/herp/snake.pics/virginia_valeria.jpg&sig=__BVS4CNbUj-VVivZKswuUJttEQ2I=

Snakes are so nasty, I can't believe you guys.Earth snakes record lengths are like 15" and this little guy is 15" easy. I'll look him up later and provide a proper designation. Might have stick my finger up...... nevermind.

h2co-pilot
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Well, hurry up! Maybe a Pine snake? What if it is a killer P?!?!?!

You may have to dissect it.;)

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, hurry up! Maybe a Pine snake? What if it is a killer P?!?!?!

You may have to dissect it.;)It's no killer. I know our poisonous snakes. The only one that is not a pit viper is the coral and this little guy is obviously no coral.

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Better pic :D

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 03:33 PM
He might be an earth snake. We might have to take him to the Wildlife museum and get him measured.;)

We have a snake identification thingy through State here and I'm not finding anything conclusive.

http://mdg.ext.msstate.edu/Tom_Snake/snake_id_intro.html

2-H2's
08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Make sure you take THOSE rocks in too, for an ID...ain't no way they're from south Texas :D ;)

The snake is :cool: